Official release notes
New Avatar System
A new upgraded avatar system has been implemented that will bring Entropia Universe to the forefront of graphics technology in an MMO with highly detailed and fully customizable new avatars. The new avatars are significantly enhanced with over twice as many polygons as their predecessors for surprising fidelity.
Full details of the new avatar system can be viewed in this Entropia Universe Buzz article.
- The threat level calculation for creatures has been adjusted to more accurately reflect difficulty and danger level.
- The chance to miss has been slightly decreased when shooting at creatures.
- The cost of ammo and decay has been removed when firing a weapon that is not aimed at a target, such as into the air or ground. (This change does not affect weapons with area of effect damage).
- The cost to equip armor parts has been removed.
- When in combat, the text “MISS” has been changed to “EVADE”. These messages will be further refined in a later release to more accurately indicate the actual outcome of each attack attempt and provide better information to participants.
- Locked movement can occur for Body Sculptor Designers after closing the Body Sculpting UI. In such cases a relog will correct the issue.
- Locked movement can occur when trying to enter Avatar Creation areas that are full. In such cases a relog will correct the issue.
- Due to last minute integration issues, makeup masks will not be available in this release, Makeup masks will be activated in the release patch, expected in one week.
- Makeup masks created during the avatar creation process are not visible in the Start Room, but will become visible again once your avatar arrives on a planet for the first destination.
- Female makeup masks appear fully decayed when arriving on a planet for the first time. This is a visual bug only, the masks are not decayed. This issue will be fixed in an upcoming patch.
MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved./small>
Un-noted changes, images of new stuff, etc go here
Wiki documented changes
Links, references, contributors, categories
- Previous Version Update:
- Guide: Creating your avatar
- Thread: EU Avatar Before n After Contest
- Thread: MindArk introduces dramatically new avatar system
- Thread: New Avatar Creation System scheduled for 22 January 2013
- Thread: The infamous avatar update....