<google uid="C02" position="none"></google>
| <addthis /> |
Latest Forum Threads
<rss max=3 filter="monria">http://www.entropiaplanets.com/forum/monria.238/index.rss</rss>
Find more in the!
Originally Monria was auctioned as a newly discovered moon to a group of Entropia Universe players lead by "Modified Akoz Power" for 150,000 USD in early April 2013. During the development process it was given its setting based on the Cthulhu Mythos and finally released on 5th of November 2013.
This is a first look video of a player exploring Monria just about an hour after its release:
Main page: Monria story
You can read the full text of H.P. Lovecraft's original Call of Cthulhu short story here: The Call of Cthulhu (short story).
Exodus part 1-3 ("audiobook"):
|Exodus part 1||Exodus part 2||Exodus part 3|
|"Over time, information was recorded about Cthulhu and a great historical document had been created. Kept throughout the ages, and passed through many hands, it had been continuously updated by the priests who were in charge of maintaining its accuracy. However, over the years and centuries, there had been many races and cultures who attempted to obtain this manuscript both for good and evil purposes. It was rumored that some of the information within its pages would enable a person who could interpret its ancient secrets to gain mastery upon the world of man. The recovered accounts revealed by the priests of the Church of Cthulhu and its followers are included in the document and lends insight to their experiences attempting to give a glimpse into their calling.
||13 June 2345 Broodham, Massachusetts SE to an area known as Arkham, Massachusetts.
When that final disappearance happened, there was a time when all seemed to return to normal. People stopped visiting the church and the manor and all was quiet for a long time.
One especially dark and cold wintery day about 15 years later a stranger came to town and was asking about the missing boy saying that he had information regarding the whereabouts of young Archibald. He was informed that the boy’s parents still lived in the estate up the road and if he wanted it could be arranged to have him escorted there and someone would take him to visit the family.
It was there that Mayor Gasper stopped telling me his story and paused for a moment. Looking very nervous, he then said he must excuse himself and attend to Town business. With that he turned and went back to his office building. No matter how much I attempted to meet with him or get him to share more of the story with me he would not render another interview with me saying that he already told me too much. He did say that if I wanted more information, I should go see the Crimson’s Manor and maybe I could find out more from inside the house.
|20 June 2345 Investigating the manor house of the Crimson’s
She left quietly one night, never saying goodbye or leaving any information behind as to where she was going. We just never saw her again. All of her things were gone and we assumed that she just left one night and went back to Princeton. We never tried to contact her again and just hoped for the best.
He then asked me to do him one last favor. I assured him that I would do anything I could. It was just then he reached out and handed me the crescent ring. He said I know you’re curious about what is happening in the church but I don’t think you’ll be able to get in without a good reason. Take this ring and hand it to the priest. He will know it’s from me and he will let you in, whereby, you can ask your questions and hopefully find the answers that you seek. Perhaps, you will be able to share those answers with me, so I to can find the peace of mind I am searching for. After which you can return the ring to me and then be on your way, however, you are welcome to stay if you choose to for a night or two.
How to get to Monria
Monria for new players
Monria is free-to-download and to a large extent also free-to-play.
To play Monria you need:
- a computer meeting the system requirements
- an Entropia Universe account which you can create there: https://account.entropiauniverse.com/new-account/?ccode=affimoon130501
- the so called "Client Loader" which you can download there: http://install.entropiauniverse.com/affimoon130501.exe
After the Client Loader is installed it starts to download the actual game content, once the start area is downloaded you can start your journey in the game at Genesis (Planet Calypso) and from there follow the Monria beginners flow:
Monria for established players
As an established player of Entropia Universe you can access through the Monria Space Station TP. From there you can go to various TPs on Monria, however, it's absolutely recommended to start your journey on Monria at Monria Hub.
To get to Monria you might want to embrace the joint free-travel offer of Monria and EntropiaTransport.com: http://entropiatransport.com/monria-special/
Monria maps and locations
Map page: Monria maps - Map thread: http://www.entropiaplanets.com/threads/monria-map.10812/
|Cave 1 Teleporter||(?????, ?????, ?????)||Monria||In Game|
|Cave 2 Tunnel Teleporter||(36870, 23652, 102)||Monria||In Game|
|Cave 3 Tunnel Teleporter||(36245, 22285, 176)||Monria||In Game|
|Cave 4 Tunnel Teleporter||(35037, 21404, 87)||Monria||In Game|
|Cthulhu Tower Teleporter||(?????, ?????, ?????)||Monria||In Game|
|Cthylla Tower Teleporter||(?????, ?????, ?????)||Monria||In Game|
|Main Crater Teleporter||(?????, ?????, ?????)||Monria||In Game|
|Monria Hub Teleporter||(?????, ?????, ?????)||Monria||In Game|
|South Crater||(?????, ?????, ?????)||Monria||In Game|
|West Crater||(?????, ?????, ?????)||Monria||In Game|
Monria Hub is the location recommended for starting on Monria. Besides a Teleporter it features NPCs with introductory and additional missions, 4 premium shops, terminals (incl. society and ad), access to storage, auction. Monria Hub was previously introduced as "Lunar Command Center".
- Two (2) Lunar Habitats, each with 50 apartments and 5 shops. These apartments and shops are individual estates which can be traded to other Entropia Universe participants.
- Eight (8) subsurface caverns filled with unique creatures and rare resources.
Church of Cthulhu Cultists
- Four (4) hunting quest chains, one for each creature.
- 4 premium shops in Monria Hub (formerly known as Lunar Command Center)
- 5 shops in each of the both Lunar Habitats, meaning a total of 10 shops
- 50 apartments in each of the both Lunar Habitats, meaning a total of 100 apartments
Inspiration: Sanzhi abandoned residential complex
There will be 2 mining resources exclusive to the moon. Ore : Malacrite Enmatter : Zoldenite
Moon estate history
Moon estate sold
The auction ended and the winning bid of 1,500,000 PED = 150,000 USD was made by Modified Akoz Power acting for a group of investors.
Moon estate bid history
21 March 2013 - 04 April 2013
- 1,500,000 PED, start bid, 21 March 2013
- 1,500,000 PED, Akoz Modified Power, ?? March 2013, winning bid
Moon estate in auction
21 March 2013 Entopia Universe moon estate is available in auction for a start bid of 1,500,000 PED = 150,000 USD.
Moon estate FAQ
05 March 2013
Q: If I deposit funds and bid on the moon auction, will MindArk forego the withdrawal fee for unsuccessful bidders?
- Yes. The withdrawal fee will be waived for all participants who make an individual deposit of at least $25,000 between March 1 and April 4, 2013. The withdrawal fee waiver will apply to an amount equal to the total deposit amount made during the fee waiver period.
Q: What about deposit fees?
- MindArk recommends that parties interested in making large deposits into Entropia Universe use the bank transfer deposit method. The only fees associated with this deposit method are those charged by your own financial institution; MindArk charges no fee for deposits made via bank transfer.
Q: When is the moon estate expected to be released?
- After the auction is completed, MindArk will contact the Moon Operator to discuss overall design aspects of the moon estate. Depending on the specific details from that discussion, the moon estate is expected to be released late in Q2 or in Q3 of 2013.
Q: Will it be possible to add additional features and/or expand the moon estate?
- Yes. Further development of the moon estate beyond the initial specification is indeed possible, and can be proposed to the MindArk team once the auction is completed. Note that any such added features will be subject to MindArk approval, as well as additional development costs.
Q: Can the Moon Operator use its own team to develop the moon estate?
- No. All initial and future development will be performed by MindArk.
Q: Will the Moon Operator be required to sign any agreements or documents?
- Yes. The person holding the account of the Moon Operator will be required to sign MindArk’s standard Marketing Partner Agreement, the Moon Operator Agreement, and a Mutual Non-Disclosure Agreement.
Q: How will revenue from the moon estate and marketing partnership be paid?
- Revenue will be paid out monthly to the moon estate deed holder.
Q: Are the revenue share percentages negotiable?
Q: Can the Moon Operator sell shares or deeds?
- There will be a single deed for the moon estate. Group ownership or further revenue sharing will not be supported.
Q: Is the moon part of Calypso or any other Planet Partner?
- No, the moon is its own territory, just as other planets.
Q: Where is the moon be located?
- A mysterious wormhole was recently discovered in local space. Exploration of the other side of the wormhole revealed a strange, planetless moon. A space station is under construction that will stabilize the wormhole and allow travel between local space and the region of space on the other side of the wormhole, where the moon was discovered.
Q: Will there be a teleporter to or from the moon?
- All access to and from the moon will be made via the wormhole space station, which will allow avatars to enter the wormhole, transporting them directly to the Lunar Command Center.
Q: Will the subsurface cavern areas have hunting and mining taxes?
- There will be no hunting or mining taxes on the moon estate.
Q: How large will the subsurface caverns be?
- Approximately 1.5 times the size of the asteroid space resort domes.
Q: How will mining work in the subsurface caverns?
- The caverns will use the indoor mining logic system, which results in a lower search radius and larger finds.
Q: What size will the apartments be, and how many item points will they have?
- Apartments will be medium-sized compared to existing apartments in Entropia, and will feature 150 item points.
Q: Will the moon creatures have their own loot items?
- The loot from moon creatures will be a mixture of familiar items and resources and completely new items. Those new resources will be used for manufacturing other new items unique to the moon.
04 March 2013 Jon Jacobs registers the domain EntropiaMoon.com
Moon Sale Details
01 March 2013
Announcement of moon sale
01 March 2013
Original press release
01 March 2013
30 January 2013 Entropia turns TEN:
Next week, MindArk will be announcing a major estate auction, quite different from the traditional land area model. All we can say for now is that the estate will feature some previously unknown alien lifeforms...
20 December 2012 State of the Universe Address 2013:
"Also in celebration of ten years of Entropia, there will be a major estate announced for auction at the end of January, with a completely new management/revenue model. More details will be released as the anniversary date approaches."
Links, references, contributors, categories
- Official site: http://www.monria.com
- Forum section on EP: http://www.entropiaplanets.com/forum/monria.238/
- FAQ: http://www.entropiaplanets.com/threads/moon-estate-faq.8795/
- Post-sale article: http://www.entropiaplanets.com/threads/moon-sold-for-150-000-in-entropia-universe.8997/
- Announcement http://www.entropiaplanets.com/threads/newly-discovered-moon-to-be-auctioned.8781/
- Thread: http://www.entropiaplanets.com/threads/major-estate-2013.8662/
- Thread: http://www.entropiaplanets.com/threads/next-big-estate-sale.8590/
Moon sale media
- 22 April 2015, http://www.entropiaplanets.com/threads/monria-a-top-entropia-universe-destination-is-now-for-sale.18641/
- 04 April 2013, http://www.entropiaplanets.com/threads/moon-sold-for-150-000-in-entropia-universe.8997/
- 04 April 2013, http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/04/04/entropia-universe-players-buy-the-moon/
- 04 April 2013, http://www.hypergridbusiness.com/2013/04/moon-sale-brings-in-cash-marketing/
- 04 April 2013, http://www.mmogames.com/gamenews/19701/entropia-universes-moon-sold-for-150000/
- 05 April 2013, French: http://www.jeuxonline.info/actualite/39669/joueurs-entropia-universe-decrochent-lune-150-000-dollars
- 05 April 2013, French:http://www.mondespersistants.com/news/entropia-universe-une-lune-vendu-pour-150-000-dollars:26245/
- 05 April 2013, German: http://playmassive.de/mmo-news/id45159/entropia-universe-mond-150-000-us-dollar-verkauft.html
- 09 April 2013, http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/123163-Virtual-Moon-Over-Entropia-Universe-Sells-For-150-000
- 20 April 2013, Russian: http://la2informer.ru/novosti/v-entropia-universe-igroki-priobreli-lunu.html
- 13 November 2013, http://www.freetoplay.tv/news/monria-revealed-as-the-moon-purchased-for-150000/