Entropia News: EU-Avatar-Before-n-After-Contest

Discussion in 'Entropia News' started by EP-Newsbot, Jan 14, 2013.

1. EU Avatar Before & After Contest

One of the exciting features of the upcoming Version Update scheduled for Jan. 22 is a brand new avatar creation system. To celebrate, MindArk is hosting a fun EU Avatar Before & After contest.

Simply send an email with before & after screenshot images of your avatar to screenshots@mindark.com to enter the contest. Entries will be judged on several criteria, including avatar appearance improvement, creativity, and overall aesthetics.

Prizes
    • 1st Place - 4 x Neurobiotic Booster A5 10mg
    • 2nd Place - 2 x Neurobiotic Booster A5 10mg
    • 3rd Place - 1 x Neurobiotic Booster A5 10mg
    ***Each Neurobiotic Booster A5 10mg consumable item increases skill gains in all professions by 50% after being consumed, and lasts for 10 hours of logged-in time. The timer is paused while the avatar who has consumed the booster item is logged out of Entropia Universe. Unconsumed booster items are non-tradable.***

Rules & Notes
    • Entries must be received no later than Thursday, Feb. 7
    • Be sure to include your full Entropia Universe avatar name in the email
    • Limit of one entry per avatar
    • Each attached image should be no larger than 4 megabytes in file size
    • The winning entry images will be featured on the Entropia Universe Buzz page!
    End of official announcement
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Start of EntropiaPlanets add

EntropiaPlanets will sponsor a player's choice awards.

Please post your before/after images in this thread. Prizes to be announced soon, donations welcome.

Rules
    • The competition closes 17 Febuary 2013 23:59:59 EU Time.
    • You can make as many entries as you want but please only one per post to make voting possible.
    • Images need to be uploaded to the post and not be embeded from external sources to ensure they are not changed after the deadline.
    • For the case you win something the full avatar name must be posted in this thread
    Prizes

First prize
    Second prize
    Third prize
    For entropiatransport.com prizes all conditions apply as listed on http://entropiatransport.com.
    For Leeloo's Customization services prizes all conditions apply as listed at Colorful Faith: Leeloo's Customization Services

Voting
    • Voting closes in one week, Sunday 17 March 2013, 23:59:59 EU time.
    • Voting is to be done by selecting the "winner" symbol from the post rating option. The rating bar appears when you mouse hover the bottom right corner of a post
    • You can vote on as many posts as you want, of course in the end the winning contribution has to match the rules above, you can undo ratings any time within the deadline
    • The winner is the one post that gets the most "Winner" ratings, in case more than one post have the same number the earlier one will be the winner
    Post possibly containing contributions to the competition:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2013
  2. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

Was that new avatar system officially announced for next week yet ?

Wonder if I should make one with or without my yellow Ninja Jacket ?

3. Could be.:cheer::jump:

4. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

got my before pics sorted :)

5. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

guess now we know when new avatar system will be here

6. Tass

Tass Administrator

Mh, and please post your before/after in this thread. We'll do a players' choice award.

Note: It's a step forward not using some forum for MA's official competitions. Way to go MA.

7. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Wisker Fish

:D

8. OMG what if I am ugly after the 22nd? :frown:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Tass

Tass Administrator

Don't think you can go further in that direction. :tongue (2):

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. MitchyMoo

MitchyMoo Captain

Sweeeet :)

11. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Wisker Fish

Not likely to ever happen ;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Will webe able to re-create our avatar or will it be just converted ?

13. I'm guessing we will be about to re-create them as we did a few years back. And kind of sounds like what they are pointing out there...

Simply send an email with before & after screenshot images of your avatar to screenshots@mindark.com to enter the contest. Entries will be judged on several criteria, including avatar appearance improvement, creativity, and overall aesthetics.

I can't wait!!!

14. Good luck in the contest.

15. Won't make much difference I'll still keep my mask and hat on :)

16. leeloo

leeloo cOloRmAnIaC

nice free and fun contest! :)

17. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Why exactly would one PP's forum, which is run by a private company, deserve it over other PP forums if the event is an all-universe event?

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

I think it comes down to the fact that PCF was aquired by (ok EF original) SEE and MA re-aquired SEE. MA don't have a forum of their own so are using PCF for want of a better option.

Its just laziness/priorities really I guess.

19. On developers notes #4 they mentioned the new trailer with a new sayah king actress...and a preview of the new avatar system...for early november 2012...done by Planet Arkadia Team...

I guess it will be released after the 22nd january then ? :p

20. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Are there any rules about where the pic comes from? I was thinking, given the new avatars don't look a lot better than the old ones I might as well use one of my old ava pics! Think this is the best non-photoshopped one I have. Recon I could win with it?? :biggrin:

wistinthing.png
    Coming to a Cinema near you, Wistrel Chianti stars in...
    THE THING FROM OUTER SPAAAACE!!!!!
    (apologies about the slight "underwear situation", it was taken in the "hunt the thing" area and I had a slight issue getting the NPC to give me something to wear for a while... still, guess it goes with the whole "survival horror" thing if the heroine has lost half her clothes!)

• Winner Winner x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.