Calypso Gateway (Old)
Please note: Calypso Gateway has been completety reworked (as of VU ???). The content discussed on this page is not availale anymore. The page will be kept for historic reasons. For up-to-date information please refer to the new page: Calypso Gateway.
Calypso Gateway is the place on Planet Calypso where all new arrivals begin the game after leaving Genesis. It was introduced in Version Update 11.2.2 / Content Release 2010.3. Calypso Gateway was open house for 1 week after its launch to gives all existing Entropia Universe players the chance to experience the area. Now the only way to access Calypso Gateway is creating a new account and finishing the avatar creation session. The only way to leave Calypso Gateway is by the Teleporter which features only two directions: Port Atlantis and Treasure Island (Since there is no way to return to Calypso Gateway it is highly recommended to finish all the missions at Calypso Gateway before leaving).
Calypso Gateway Guide
If you get tired take a break near the cars that showcase some of the fine transportation Calypso has to offer.(-> Vehicles)
Any questions? Can't get that blueprint to work right? Ask one of the advisers (ya I know that may not be how you spell it but there are many languages and cultures here and that is how the gateway advisers were asked to spell it)
You can see us there often dressed in blue answering your questions. Here is one of the more famous of the advisers that I managed to get a picture of.
Head off to Port Atlantis and when you are there you might just see an adviser there too, only on the planet we use are regular avatars and have our regular names. When we are working we are dressed in the same blue you will see us in at the gateway. Oooh look it is Zar again.
Recently the Community Advisor Program has been set up. Community Advisors are a group of veteran Entropia Universe players dedicated to helping new players. For their 'work' as Community Advisors they use special avatars that are restricted to Calypso Gateway. You can ask them any questions and they'll try to answer them and help you however they can. The Community Advisors are:
- Community Advisor Aandar
- Community Advisor Alice
- Community Advisor Faye
- Community Advisor Fishface
- Community Advisor Fox
- Community Advisor Ion
- Community Advisor Jot
- Community Advisor KP
- Community Advisor Serica
- Community Advisor Stave
- Community Advisor Wed
- Community Advisor Zar
Main Building Map
(This is an ImageMap. Move mouse arrow over the map to get more information. Click to browse to the page about the topic.)
Where to find what
- Televator: The Televator connecting Floor 1 and Floor 2 is located just a few steps straight South from Calypso Gateway Teleporter at (69755, 69825, 226).
- Calypso Hunting Office Official: On Floor 2 at the desk East of the Televator or Southeast of the Calypso Gateway Teleporter at (69762, 69824, 224).
- Calypso Manufacturing Office Official: On Floor 2 at at (69762, 69827, 224). (moved after open house)
- Calypso Mining Office Official: On Floor 2 at (69762, 69829, 224). (moved after open house)
- Dr. Melinda Clark: On Floor 2 at the green benches Northeast of the Televator at (69778, 69837, 224).
- Genesis Star Representative: At the Genesis Star booth on Floor 2 but down the stairs North of Calypso Gateway Teleporter at (69760, 69873, 223)
- Omegaton Representative: At the Omegaton booth on Floor 1 at (69756, 69792, 119). Use the Televator to change floors.
- Chikara Representative: At the Chikara booth on Floor 2 but down the stairs North of Calypso Gateway Teleporter at (69751, 69873, 223).
- Carstein Sand, veteran: At the bar inside the lounge South of Calypso Gateway Teleporter and Televator at (69755, 69786, 224).
- Crafting Machines: On Floor 2 but down the stairs North of Calypso Gateway Teleporter at (69758, 69870, 223) and (69758, 69870, 223).
- Teleporter Operator at (69759, 69847, 225). (Added after open house)
- Calypso Gateway Teleporter at (69755, 69851, 225)
- Berycled Puny: Around and south of the center on the beach (69812, 69394).
- Caudatergus Puny: Around and west of the center (69268, 69650)
- Tripudion Puny: Around and south-east of the center (69988, 69234)
- Revival Points: Revival Points are located at (69743, 69752, 111) and (69746, 69912, 217). You can make you of them to return to the main building.
- Eugine Renault: At the Northern exit of Floor 2 at (69752, 69890, 223).
While "Open House" there were 14 missions available at Calypso Gateway.
Calypso Gateway Crafting Tutorial (3 missions)
- Calypso Gateway Crafting Tutorial
Calypso Gateway Hunting Tutorial (5 missions)
- Calypso Gateway Hunting Tutorial
Calypso Gateway Mining Tutorial (4 missions)
- Calypso Gateway Mining Tutorial
Calypso Gateway Single Missions (2 missions)
All of them have just 10 HP.
(This is an ImageMap. Move mouse arrow over the map to get more information. Click to browse to the page of a specific section.)
Calypso Gateway was open to all existing EU players within the first week after its launch.
The Calypso Gateway Teleporter is located at (69755, 69853, 225). It was initially on the map.
To go there you had to be within the Calypso system (from ROCKtropia did not work). You had to choose "Calypso Gateway" in the Planet selection dropdown menu (menu item Calypso Gateway was not available on ROCKtropia]).
From Calypso Gateway Teleporter you can only tp to Calypso (not CP, CND, or ROCKtropia).
Content Release 2010.3 Highlight Images
Images from MSM article
- 1. Exploring Calypso Gateway (part 1 of the review on entropiaplanets.com) as of July 2, 2010
2. Exploring Calypso Gateway - from another angle (part 2 of the review on entropiaplanets.com) as of July 3, 2010
- Official press release as of July 7, 2010:
|Planet Calypso Builds Area for New Players
Calypso Gateway gives beginning colonists a place to call home GOTEBORG, Sweden, July 7 /PRNewswire/ -- First Planet Company, developer and publisher of the largest real cash economy MMORPG, announced today a revolution in the way new players can access Planet Calypso. Calypso Gateway gives beginning colonists a...
|dedicated location to start out, get missions and learn about the game all in a safe environment.
Planet Calypso is known for its real-cash economy, grand scope, lush visuals and a very steep learning curve. Enter Calypso Gateway, the new content release from First Planet Company, which features an innovative starting point for newcomers. For many years those arriving on Calypso have started their new life on the busy streets of Port Atlantis, left with nothing but their bare hands and an orange jumpsuit. They have had a world of possibility to explore but at the same time the experience can prove daunting and overpowering. This new addition to Calypso changes all of that.
The Calypso Gateway is a secluded area consisting of an arrival terminal located on an island. It is the first point-of-contact with the game, after the avatar creation process. Calypso Gateway features several introduction missions to orient new players and make sure they have vital equipment. Newcomers will be able to engage in hunting, mining and crafting, using the equipment given. The tutorial-like mission structure allows players to learn about Calypso, the Real Cash Economy model and the way the basic features work. The Gateway is a place where newcomers can interact and learn, without many of the distractions found elsewhere on Calypso, as the area is off-limits for all other colonists. Once players take the one-way teleporter to go to mainland Calypso they can never go back.
First Planet Company is the developer and publisher of Planet Calypso, the largest real economy Massively Multiplayer Online Game in the world. Players have the ability to participate in a unique virtual world where they have no monthly costs. Its innovative real money economy uses a virtual currency which has a fixed exchange rate with the US dollar. This allows players to deposit and withdraw real funds for their adventures on Calypso or in the real world. It is also the first MMORPG to use CryTek's stunning CryENGINE 2 for amazing graphics and physics. Planet Calypso is the oldest planet in the Entropia Universe and is free to download.
Planet Calypso is a free download available at the game's website, www.planetcalypso.com.
About First Planet Company
First Planet Company AB is a subsidiary of the MindArk Group. First Planet Company AB develops and markets Planet Calypso, a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG) based on the Entropia Platform, and is part of the Entropia Universe. Set in a distant future, the planet Calypso is home to an expanding human colony struggling with the natural and economic elements involved in establishing their new civilization.
For more information on First Planet Company (FPC) and Planet Calypso please contact us at the numbers below or go to our website at http://www.planetcalypso.com
Copyright © 2010 First Planet Company. All Rights Reserved.
- Planet Calypso schafft Erweiterung für neue Spieler (German), on presseportal.ch as of July 7, 2010
- Planet Calypso Builds Area for New Players, press release on wallstreet-online.de as of July 7, 2010
- Planet Calypso Opens Gateway for New Players, on gamersdailynews.com as of July 7, 2010
Forum on entropiaplanets.com
Calypso Gateway (Forum section on entropiaplanets.com)
Links, references, contributors, categories