Forum Thread complementing this guide: Mentoring Guide
Latest Forum Threads
Find more in the!
Entropia Universe features a Mentoring systems that allows players to form a mentor-disciple relationship.
Mentoring in general
- In order to become a mentor you have to have an account for at least 6 months and you have to have at least profession level 15 in any profession.
- A Mentor has to register to become a mentor.
- A disciple can find a suitable mentor in the mentor registry.
- A disciple can kick a mentor at any time, and a mentor can kick a disciple. The disciple progress will be lost, but you can restart the process again with a new mentor.
- The disciple's skill progress is based on the sum of the skills: Anatomy, Geology and Engineering. The starting progress is your current skill when you start. You also have to get three achievements: Team hunt with your mentor, Disciple mining and Disciple manufacturing.
- A disciple will have the opportunity to rate the mentor when graduating.
- Both mentor and disciple get gifts if the disciple graduates successfully.
- Disciples and mentors from the old system will automatically be converted to the new implementation.
From the disciple's perspective
- Your Mentor should speak your language
- Your Mentor should live more or less in the same timezone or at least be online when your are
Preconditions to become a disciple
Preconditions to become a disciple general:
- You must not be registered at the Mentor Register
Preconditions to become the disciple of a specific mentor:
- Your mentor has to have an account for at least 6 months
- Your mentor has to have at least profession level 15 in any profession.
- Your mentor needs to be registered at the Mentor Register
- Your highest profession level needs to be lower than your mentor's highest profession level
Note: Even if you have been a mentor already, if you retire from mentor register you can become a disciple.
Finding a mentor
|Mentors||Disciples|| You can click the map markers to see further information and links to the user pages in a pop-up.|
For further info about the map (fx how to get yourself on the map) please have a look at Mentoring Map.
|Mentor||Country||Languages||Basics||Hunting||Mining||Crafting||Other Areas||Home Planet||Teaches on Calypso||Teaches on ROCKtropia||Teaches on Next Island||Teaches on Arkadia||Teaches on Cyrene|
|Antonioliveira||Portugal||Português; English; Français; Italiano; Castellano; Deutsch (nur ein bisschen); Svensk (bâra en bit)||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Planet Calypso|
|Artrat||United Arab Emirates||English and Afrikaans||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||No||No|
|AxeMurderer||Saint Vincent and the Grenadines||English||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Trading, Calypso, Skype: axemurderer7||Planet Calypso||Yes||No||No||Yes|
|Yes||Yes||No||No||Can also give basic hints on Mining and Crafting.||Yes||No||No||No|
|Bruno Brunex Miguel||Belgium||Portugues|
If I don't know it I want to learn it! Teach me yours?
|Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||How to thrive in Entropia.||Planet Calypso||Yes||No||No||No|
|Darkpepe||Germany||German and English||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|DeadEyeJay||Canada||English||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||I have been playing for around 10 years. My knowledge of the game is vast. I have mentored several top Entropia avatars such as;
Paris Dub Hilton Tyrone Cobra77 WonderUllish Zenct Free
|Freedspeak||United States||English||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Planet Calypso||Yes||No||No||No||No|
|Jason Jay Carr||England||English||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Planet Calypso||Yes||No||No||No|
|Jaywalker||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||I had a strong interest in animal taming under the old system, and look forward to it's return. I am currently a member of a Mothership (MS Noremandie) Crew, specialising in repair, but also doing occasional gunning.||Planet Calypso||Yes||No||Yes||No|
|Jennson||Germany||German and English||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Mentoring economic Aspects of the game, general ettiquette|
English and other Scandinavian languages are understood
|Karl Cullinane||USA||English||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Planet Arkadia||Yes||No||No||Yes|
|Lone Wolf McQuaid||United States||English||Yes||Yes||No||No||Planet Calypso||Yes||No||No||No|
|Lykke - Cyrene||Denmark||Danish||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||Planet Cyrene|
|Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Understanding the game economy, how to profit or lose less, how to avoid noob mistakes, getting TelePorts...||Planet Calypso||Yes||No||No||No|
|Major Force||Australia||English||Yes||Yes||No||No||Planet Calypso|
Swedish and Norwegian
|Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Tradeing, Anit-Scam, Tier, space, etc. etc.
Most of the time, I am in space.I frequently visit Calypso and Arkadia.
|SashaSD||United Kingdom||English||Yes||Yes||No||No||Are you in need of guidence and help, I am happy to be your mentor. I have over 4 and a half years experience and love to help genuine players.
Having a bit of fun when guiding people is a must!I am not crafter or miner but can offer limited advice on those subjects, I am however a hunter and armour collector and can offer in depth advice and possibly cake.
|Softhart||USA||English||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Craziness, pet ownership, how to dis-rail forum topics,||Next Island|
English and other Scandinavian languages is understood
|Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||I´ve been here a long time and if i can´t answer your question i bet i know someone who can. =)||Planet Calypso|
|Yes||Yes||Yes||No||wiki stuff ;)||No||No||No||No|
Disciples Progress and Achievements
To see your progress as a disciple Right-Click > choose "System" > choose "Mentoring".
For graduating you also need a specific amount of skill gains represented by the accumulated sum of skill gains during the phase of your discipleship in the following three skills:
- Anatomy (mainly acquired by Hunting)
- Geology (mainly acquired by Mining)
- Engineering (mainly acquired by Manufacturing)
Which means you can either concentrate on just one or two of those as well as doing all of them. It's your choice.
Precondition for graduating is also the completion of the following achievemnts:
- Disciple Hunt
- Disciple Mining
- Disciple Manufacturing
When graduating you receive a Graduation Gift automatically from the system. Gifts might be planet-specific.
From the Mentor's perspective
Preconditions to become a mentor in general:
- you have to have an account for at least 6 months
- you have to have at least profession level 15 in any profession.
- you have to register at the Mentor Registry
- Right-click >>> Choose "System" >>> Choose "Mentoring"
Preconditions to become the mentor of a specifc disciple:
- Your highest profession level needs to be higher than the disciples hightest profession level
- The disciple must not be registered at the Mentor Register
Mentoring Panel and Achievements
The Mentoring Panel is showing a list of your disciples each with a progress bar and the achievements each has reached.
Your disciple needs to complete all three Achievements to graduate.
How much is needed to graduate
- Hunter Face Guard (M) Mentor Edition
- Hunter Face Guard (F) Mentor Edition
- Hunter Foot Guards (M) Mentor Edition
- Hunter Gloves (F) Mentor Edition
- Hunter Gloves (M) Mentor Edition
- Hunter Harness (M) Mentor Edition
- Hunter Shin Guards (M) Mentor Edition
- Hunter Thigh Guards (F) Mentor Edition
- Hunter Thigh Guards (M) Mentor Edition
- Castorian Survival EnBlade-3 Mentor Edition
- Corrosive Attack Chip III Mentor Edition
Links, references, contributors, categories