I'm looking to contribute..

Discussion in 'Entropia Community' started by Thryde, Feb 10, 2014.

1. First off, I realize this may be a bit of a strange post..

I am a total newbie in this game, but during time at work, I have a lot of free time that I want to use to contribute somehow..

In my total time of three days playing, I've researched and read a lot of forums but most of everything I've read are outdated and from years ago, so I figured if there was something I could help with, I should sign up..

So does anyone know where I can be most useful, in or out of game?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. narfi

narfi Lost

Helping on our wiki here would help tremendiously.
    I will point tass to this thread so he can give you some ideas.

3. I'd love to work on the wiki! What do you need done? I'm searching now for a To-Do list or something along those lines..

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Welcome Thryde :)
    We have some experianced longtime colonists at the planets and forums. But even the elders (7+ years ingame) will tell you that they don't know everything about this universe. One of the first steps to become familar with the basics could be to ask for a mentor. Another good method is to join a beginner friendly society. (Note, that you can leave a society whenever you want. So no risk if it fails. Same with mentors. You may kick a bad mentor.)

You may also have a look for Alice's Guide. It's probably a bit outdated, but still very informative and written compact.
    http://www.entropiaplanets.com/threads/my-current-and-longer-absence.11069/#post-65553

5. Thanks for the link Jamira! I will definitely be reading that!

@Spawn So I should avoid you as a mentor?

6. My mistake, I read your post wrong. I read orcish, not ok-ish :banghead:.

Am I mistaken in thinking you are Storm Spawn Bootcamp?

7. No no, its my mistake! And I've added you in game.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. No problem! I'm located in China, so I'm opposite most people in timezones..

Will finding a mentor near this time zone be feasible or am I on my own?

9. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

Hey Thryde

May I ask which planet you are on right now?

As Narfi mentioned we can use help in the wiki department for sure. To be honest we have been slacking there a bit. What we did in the past is make 'projects' of pieces of info on the wiki, like 'project TP's' etc.

When a few of us on different planets help out we can have a lot of info in the wiki pretty fast.

I'll send you a PM to discuss a bit more.

10. Hey Razer, I'm currently on Arkadia, but I am free to move where I am needed most.

11. Tass

Tass Administrator

The thing is, what would you like to do most? There are people writing news articles, live streaming on twitch.tv and/or recording videos, working on the wiki, and more.

Personally I think the wiki is a good start, specially the general EU guide on the wiki: http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/Entropia_Universe_Guide

For example we have quite some info already on the newbie flow for Planet Calypso: Genesis >>> Crystalline Cavern >>> Calypso Gateway >>> Camp Icarus >>> Port Atlantis

Would be great to work on something similar for Planet Arkadia (so far we only have this: http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/Planet_Arkadia_New_Player_Experience), possible page could be http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/Planet_Arkadia_beginners_guide

12. Tass

Tass Administrator

Or maybe just the other way round...

What would you consider valuable info for new players? What do you think should be absolutely up to date? How was your experience in EU so far?

13. Actually, I could write up the beginner missions for Arkadia, but I wasn't initially born on Arkadia. Anything before spawning onto the planet (like the Gateway for Calypso), I have no access to, that I know of. I could possibly create a new account just to record all the beginning missions then ditch the account..

That's actually an excellent way to think about it. First I would explain how the economy works in plain English and not TT or MU or all the other acronyms (took me a while to figure out what they meant).

Then I would explain the skills system. What is Newbie level? What is Master level? Are there numbers involved like other MMO's? What are points versus ranks? (Finally found a chart that explained how many points go into a rank and how many ranks there are and what 'level' you had to be to achieve them)

That leads into the professions, and what skills are associated with professions and what professions do.

These were the basic questions I had in the beginning, and found a friendly player that explained it all to me.

Other considerations are finding a society early, one that can help explain these things, or explain events (I still don't understand), or space flight, or mentors, etc. Much of the outdated info I found was in regards to sweating. Some said that you had to charge up concentration? Then aim and collect. Others had wildly exaggerated prices (someone really pays 6PED for 1k? I think not).

Anyways, I have so many ideas that can be written out about this game, but finding the proper format is the problem.

• Like Like x 1
  14. EwoK

EwoK Southern Fortress Engineering

You dont have to be born on Ark to do the new player missions mate...just hunt around the forum for the coordinates of the start point and you can run the missions on Ark just like you are a new player

15. I ran through them already, so if I were to write up an intro guide, I'll have to create a temp account to record it properly.

16. RAZER

You are not allowed a second account I'm afraid. It could get you banned from the game.

17. Right. Beginner Arkadia missions are off the table for me then.

18. RAZER

yep that's one thing about this game, no second avatar or account

19. EwoK

EwoK Southern Fortress Engineering

have you done them already?
    If not you can still do them with your current account, just go to the Start area on Ark and they will open automatically for you....At least that is what happened when I went there.

20. Yeah I did them already. I was finished with the beginner missions on Calypso and a friendly player said I should do Arkadia missions, then gave me a ride there.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.