ROCKtropia: Happy Birthday ROCKtropia

Discussion in 'Entropia News' started by EntropiaPlanets, Apr 6, 2013.

1. It's ROCKtropia's birthday today!

Exactly three years ago, ROCKtropia was the very first planet to be added to Entropia Universe.

Lemmy1.jpg

The launch of ROCKtropia was somewhat disappointing to some, as initially it lacked features, and mostly came across as a gigantic version of a land area. The main difference was appearance of the terminals, buildings, terrains and creatures, but there was no unique features that made the planet stand out.

However, over time the team from NEVERDIE Studios managed to give the planet its own identity. Zombies, werewolves and street gangs were tossed into the mix, and locations as the Cathedral, City of Dreams and Zomhattan came into existence.

From the beginning there has been a cooperation with a few artists. One of them being Lemmy from Motörhead who got his own piece of land on the planet containing Lemmy’s Castle and Motörhead Stadium.

[​IMG]

There has also been an competition for players to create a 'videoclip' for the song "Let it Rock" by Kevin Rudolf.

Additional releases brought us HELL and the Prison, and a set of missions that managed to feel uniquely different from the standard Calypso quests.

The community seemed to have mixed feelings about ROCKtropia, with some people loving the unique feel of it, while others stated it was not their cup of tea. Friend and foe were caught off-guard, though, when NEVERDIE pulled "Hunt the Thing" out of his sleeve.

Hunt-The-Thing.png

Featuring a roughly 2 hour long quest-line on a mini-planet modeled after the scenery of The THING movie, it seemed as if it showed a completely new way of putting features of the Entropia Platform to use, and the general buzz in the community was one almost exclusively singing praise.

In its three years, ROCKtropia has shown us that despite the initial limitations they faced, where specific functionality was simply not available to them, if one uses their imagination, the platform allows for content that makes it feel unlike anything experienced in Entropia Universe before.

NEVERDIE revealed that there is another movie-based project in partnership with Universal Studios coming up, and of course ROCKtropia will at some point feature streaming video and audio, as had been the idea from the get-go.

We're waiting to see how we'll be surprised next.

Happy birthday ROCKtropia, and we will raise a glass (cocktail, of course) to you tonight!

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
    • Gratz Gratz x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. narfi

narfi Lost

Hard to beleive its been 3yrs already.
    I'm still having a ton of fun on Rock and calling it my 'home' for the last 2.5 of those 3yrs.

Looted an Improved Embra C1 in a werewolf instance today, so even more reason to celebrate #3 !!

• Gratz Gratz x 2
  3. Yes, three years - time flies. Gratz to JNJ and the R team for keeping it going. I think some of the street and road locations had a great deal of thought put into them and some of the mobs are good as well.

4. I hated RT at first, but hunt the thing was awesome. Hope the next years will bring many exciting things.

5. AxeMurderer

AxeMurderer Master Of Entropia

Gratz to ROCKtropia.
    I actualy feel nostalgic about some of the creatures I killed there.

6. MitchyMoo

MitchyMoo Captain

GZ RT happy birthday!

Love that place, he's my tribute I made a few months back now:

• Like Like x 1
  7. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Same here. I checked it out the first day it launched, and very quickly decided it wasn't for me. I left, and didn't return until HTT was launched. I checked that out, wrote a quick review of Hunt The Thing, listed all achievements and missions, and then stuck around on ROCKtropia. I actually had a lot of fun with the missions there.

I'm looking forward to see the new movie-theme mini-story NDS comes up with. Will definitely pay it a visit.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Yup! I'm a fan too. Must be nearly due for a revisit there some time. I'm looking forward to the next movie tie in too. The Thing was ace! Defo the best use of the missions system to date I think.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. :)) Happy Birthday Rocktropia, ty for all the great times i've had in 3 yrs, I owe it to RT for the high pecentage of Acheivements 59% :D, 2 yrs there full time did that, great missions great mobs, and a regular visitor these days. I look forward to many more good times, ty Neverdie and staff @ ND Studios.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.