1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Entropia Universe boss fights and instances videos

Discussion in 'General Entropia Universe Discussion' started by Tass, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Tass

Tass Administrator

We've started a project to record boss fights for YouTube, for fun and for documentation. We have almost 300 boss fights from various games already. Also we've just started recording instance runs. From EU we only have a handful of vids, so let's change that :)

Unfortunately EU in general doesn't not really follow the mechanics of epic story-driven quest chains and instances with exciting end bosses but still some instances & wave events have them.

So here's the deal :)

Wanted: Videos in acceptable quality of the following:
    • complete wave events
    • complete successful instance runs
    • complete mission chains with bosses (meaning the mission chain must have a boss successfully beaten in the video)
    • complete longplays of non-EU games
    • complete boss fights of non-EU games
    • possibly other games or gaming related videos
    • the video don't need to be new, it's fine if you have them lingering around on your YT channel for years already
    Also wanted:
    • extensive review-like introductionay articles to any game
    • the articles don't need to be new, it's fine if they were published already years ago
    Reward per video or article:
    • free ad in our new ad system for 1 month (200-300 views/day, the system in total, not necessarily a single ad)
    • your YouTube channel or a channel of your choice featured on our 2 YT channels (500-1000 views /day)
    • your Live Streaming channel featured in our streams directory and in our sidebar when live (100-200 views/day)
    • 30 PED extra for the first, 20 PED for 2nd, 10 PED for 3rd exclusive high quality video or article (technically and content-wise) every month
    Things to consider:
    • if you kill bosses, run instances and such anyway why not record it and get something extra!?
    • acceptable quality starts at 720p, 30fps, 3000kbps
    • you can upload the videos to other channels too but for non-exclusive videos there are no extra PED rewards
    • for regular contributors there's more, for example free games, donation links, etc
    • the offer has its limits of course, if someone has 1000 videos we cannot just drop 10000 PED in rewards :)
    • be part of a bigger project with 10+ contributors, 2000+ uploaded videos, partnered Twitch channel etc.
    Boss fights playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFXG3BI19O5rea1eIz9NZGbJ-zXxVd_id

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  2. There's an event on calypso atm with bosses at the end.
    They have special powers, like the ability to inhibit healing

3. Tass

Tass Administrator

Ah, great, anyone wants to record a boss fight or two?

I'm not ready for this yet, and not ready for high level bosses in general. I'll start with wave events soon.

4. Tass

Tass Administrator

5. So I read this and think to myself o my that will be interesting! So I subscribe to the utube channel and start watching those epic exciting end bosses... but gave up after 3rd clip. Out of sheer boredom. Everyone to their own, apparently, and I still agree EU bosses could use lot of improvement.
    Anyway, here's one Zombie Kong video

6. Some quite good ones on Cyrene in the new instance

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

You could ask MA staff to have a punch up and film it?

8. a lot of Dark Souls bosses are missing; Maybe I can complete them?
    Or did I miss some video's?

9. Tass

Tass Administrator

Well, actually, we miss all Demon Souls, Dark Souls and Bloodborne, except those from The Old Hunters DLC. Although the idea to record boss fights for documentation is pretty old we did start just now, long after Dahlia did DS1 & BB, and those live streamed and then uploaded to YT are far from ideal.

So... yes! Any contribution would be awesome! Best possible quality, best no cam and no audio comment, just boss fights :) Since you are a fan of the series I guess those would be perfectly executed :)

10. Tass

Tass Administrator

And 10 months later we have 220+ boss fights already. Still just one from EU :sad1: Anyone interested in recording EU boss fights? (or actually bosses of any game). Thinking about tiny rewards, like 10 PED per instance/wave event/mission chain.

11. Tass

Tass Administrator

Alrighty, approaching 250 boss fights, still just one of EU. So here's the deal :)

Wanted: Videos in acceptable quality of the following:
    • complete wave events
    • complete successful instance runs
    • complete mission chains with bosses (meaning the mission chain must have a boss successfully beaten in the video)
    • complete longplays of non-EU games
    • complete boss fights of non-EU games
    • possibly other games or gaming related videos
    Reward per video:
    • free ad in our new ad system for 1 month (200-300 views/day, the system in total, not necessarily a single ad)
    • your YouTube channel or a channel of your choice featured on our 2 YT channels (500-1000 views /day)
    • your Live Streaming channel featured in our streams directory and in our sidebar when live (100-200 views/day)
    • 10 PED extra for exclusive, high quality videos (technically and content-wise)
    Things to consider:
    • if you kill bosses, run instances and such anyway why not record it and get something extra!?
    • acceptable quality starts at 720p, 30fps, 3000kbps
    • you can upload the videos to other channels too but for non-exclusive videos there's no 10 PED reward
    • for regular contributors there's more, for example free games, donation links, etc
    • the offer has its limits of course, if someone has 1000 videos we cannot just drop 10000 PED in rewards :)
    • be part of a bigger project with 10+ contributors, 2000+ uploaded videos, partnered Twitch channel etc.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Amber Knightley

Amber Knightley I see dead people.

10 PED is not a lot if you want exclusive content, then I might as well upload to my own youtube channel.
    However I like the idea and might consider.
    What I have so far laying around on my computer atm is me finishing an instance, although not the entire instance, just the hof swirly more or less :) would that be interesting?

• Like Like x 1
  13. EU does not support boss fights.
    We don't have tankers, healers and buffers, just only damage dealers.
    Even if someone could work as tanker game mechanic do not allow it as mob claim himself as stuck so cant be damaged.

• Hussked Hussked x 1
  14. Tass

Tass Administrator

Well, 10 PED is not a lot. But there are a couple of things to consider.

This is by far the best running boss fights video on our channel, so compared to that 10 PED for an EU boss fight is a lot :)
    upload_2017-2-22_19-21-50.

The whole project is eating a lot of money already, there's just not much left to make the rewards much bigger.

The current 10+ contributors are recording exclusive videos 'for free', in addition they contribute to the costs, and make things like rewards possible in the first place.

Regular contributors decide over the monetization of their videos on the channel and would receive 100% of the ad revenues. But only if there's something substantial to split, to avoid spending hours with tracking pennies of which 90% would be eaten up by transaction fees anyway. Actually there's nothing to lose for regular contributors :)

It's not a commercial project, just fun and documentation, 100% of possible revenues not taken by or not attributable to single contributors would go back to "the community" in form of free games for video, rewards, giveways, etc. Currently all of these things are paid by the core contributors anyway.

However, if you just remotely consider recording videos I'm sure we get something done :) If you do it for your own channel anyway then you can only win by contributing the videos to the project too and receive the non-PED rewards.

Just finishing and swirlies is not enough, should be at least a complete successful boss fight, best a complete instance with all the boss fights.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Tass

Tass Administrator

Right, of course in EU we don't really have roles, defeating enemies in EU mostly means standing in front of a mob and click it till it's dead. It's a little unfortunate that a game's payment model rules out any form of exciting gameplay.

Yet there are bosses. As defined in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boss_(video_gaming)

Also, we can do instances and story-driven mission chains too :)

16. Only Husk and maybe Kong are mobs witch cant be defeated by single team.
    Also MA only recently added possibility to create chat channels witch can be used for union of societies as command line to coordinate epic battles where many societies participate (100 to up to 2000 players at once ).
    We don't have such hard bosses.
    Well we don have servers able to sustain that.
    An example from old game if not older than EU

*in video you can also see few of various pets and summons witch fight or buffs - ie witch are useful and efficient almost as players so is not like in EU

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    • Hussked Hussked x 1
  17. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Isn't there one of the Huusk fail somewhere?

Talking of the Hussk? What happened to the ability to like, huusk etc? It appears to have gone west again?

• Hussked Hussked x 3
  18. Tass

Tass Administrator

It's there, on the right below the Reply button, maybe faded a little bit too much, becomes clearer when you hover a post, and even more when you hover the icons. But right, we should improve that :)

• Gratz Gratz x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Yes, it work lol

• Hussked Hussked x 1
  20. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

ahhhh NOW I see it!