Entropia Universe boss fights and instances videos

Discussion in 'General Entropia Universe Discussion' started by Tass, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Tass

Tass Administrator

Ah, unfortunate, so I'll just grab the Twitch files, and if no Twitch files available the YT files, ok? I assume the YT vids are exported to YT from Twitch.

Possibly you are not aware of this, with OBS you can stream to whatever platform and simultaneously record to HD in much better quality. The recorded better quality vid then can be uploaded to YT and to Twitch. Iirc Twitch Uploads are forever, unlike streams of unpartnered channels.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  2. I stream with geforce experience . The card can stream full hd. But I have an 8 year old quadcore pc. Pc simply crashes on full hd.
    So the gfx are 720p. Sorry about that. New pc is not on the list atm. New bathroom first.

3. Tass

Tass Administrator

We did this in May, thanks to crazy efforts of several team members and also thanks to this contribution by @Spawn :

4. Tass

Tass Administrator

Starting in July this has been added to the package of rewards:
    • your project (Twitch or YouTube or Website or ...) featured in one of our gleam competitions
    So stop sweating, instead start recording videos and writing articles :)

5. I can only stream.in the winter.

6. Tass

Tass Administrator

For the sake of completeness, this is one we got:

7. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

I saw this title and imagined David and Jan duking it out in an arena

8. Tass

Tass Administrator

One more we got, The Pit playthrough:

We need more. Record instances, record bosses, it's relatively easy. Let's expand this beyond designated bosses of quest chains and instances, let's expand it to the top regular maturity of high level mobs, let's says Atrox and above?!? Or is Atrox too demanding already?

9. Tass

Tass Administrator

We are 10 longplays away from 300, so for the following 10 quality longplays we'll give away 1 Humble Monthly to every contributor.

10. Tass

Tass Administrator

And done. Longplay No. 301 is already an exclusive from Humble Monthly. In Roombo: First Blood you assume the role of a vacuum cleaner robot home alone defending the house against burglars, it's very bloody and really great :)

11. Tass

Tass Administrator

And one more we got, the Merry Mayhem Assault instance:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Tass

Tass Administrator

14. Tass

Tass Administrator

Here's a list of games for which we have free keys for recording boss fights. The list is long and it keeps growing, if you join us you can actually play for free for the rest of your life, and if the plan works out you'll get paid for playing in the future.

Priorities bold.

Some games only have a couple of bosses, in that case an all bosses compilation would be best. Some games are relatively short, in that case a complete playthrough video is an option.

1. Alien Rage - Unlimited
    2. Aurion: Legacy of the Kori-Odan
    3. Binary Domain
    4. bit Dungeon II
    5. BiT Evolution
    6. BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien
    7. Borderlands
    8. Borderlands 2
    9. Blade & Bones
    10. Blades of Time Limited Edition
    11. Bleed 2
    12. BloodRayne
    13. BloodRayne 2
    14. Blood Knights
    15. Bound by Flame
    16. Caveblazers
    17. Chroma Squad
    18. Circuit Breakers
    19. Crashlands
    20. Creepy Road
    21. Cuphead
    22. Curses 'N Chaos
    23. Darkest Dungeon
    24. Dead Effect
    25. Dead Rising 4
    26. Deep Dungeons of Doom
    27. Destiny Warriors
    28. Dinocide
    29. Destiny 2
    30. Drakensang
    31. Drakensang: The River of Time
    32. Drakensang - Phileasson's Secret DLC
    33. Duke Nukem Forever
    34. Dungeons 2
    35. Dungeons 3
    36. Dustforce DX
    37. Etherlords 1 & 2
    38. Enclave
    39. FATE: Undiscovered Realms
    40. Evoland 2
    41. Far Cry 3
    42. F.E.A.R. DLCs
    43. F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin Reborn DLC
    44. Freedom Force
    45. Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich
    46. FTL: Advanced Edition
    47. **Furi**
    48. Full Metal Furies
    49. GOD EATER: Resurrection GOD EATER 2: Rage Burst
    50. Guacamelee!
    51. Gunmetal Arcadia Zero
    52. Hand of Fate
    53. Heroes of Legionwood
    54. Hollow Knight
    55. Jotun
    56. JumpJet
    57. Killer is Dead Nightmare Edition
    58. Killing Floor
    59. Knight Squad
    60. Labyronia Bundle
    61. Legend of Grimrock 2
    62. Lichdom: Battlemage
    63. Lost Castle
    64. Mafia III Sign of the Times DLC
    65. Magicka
    66. Magicka 2
    67. Mars: War Logs
    68. Megabyte Punch
    69. Mighty No. 9
    70. Nazi Zombie Army Trilogy
    71. Nex Machina
    72. No Time To Explain
    73. Nuclear Throne
    74. Our Darker Purpose
    75. Oozi: Earth Adventure
    76. Overture
    77. Owlboy
    78. Pixel Heroes: Byte & Magic
    79. Portal Knights
    80. Postal 2
    81. Prime World: Defenders
    82. Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny Revised Edition For the Gods DLC
    83. Resident Evil HD
    84. Resident Evil 0 HD
    85. Resident Evil Revelations
    86. Retro/Grade
    87. Risen 2: Dark Waters Gold Edition
    88. Risen 3
    89. Rocket Birds: Hardboiled Chicken
    90. Ruiner
    91. Rune Classic
    92. Sacred 3 Gold
    93. Sanctum 2
    94. Septerra Core
    95. Seven: The Days Long Gone
    96. Shadow Complex Remastered
    97. Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom
    98. Shutshimi
    99. Song of the Deep
    100. Sonic Adventure 2
    101. Sproggiwood
    102. SteamWorld Dig
    103. Steamworld Heist
    104. Sudeki
    105. Super Galaxy Squadron EX
    106. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
    107. Syder Arcade
    108. System Shock Enhanced Edition
    109. System Shock 2
    110. Tales of Berseria
    111. The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
    112. The Witcher 2
    113. The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
    114. The Dark Eye: Demonicon
    115. The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing
    116. Torchlight II
    117. Tower of Guns
    118. Toy Odyssey: The Lost and Found
    119. Two Worlds Epic Edition
    120. Two Worlds II Pirates of the Flying Fortress DLC
    121. UnderRail
    122. Victor Vran
    123. Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide
    124. Wizard of Legend
    125. Wizardry 6+7
    126. Wizardry 8
    127. Wizorb
    128. Ziggurat

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  15. Tass

Tass Administrator

Update

Entropia Universe

We've been waiting for the new cam & control system, didn't make sense to record more videos with the old system looking and working differently. New system arrived, so it's a great time to record EU content.

Games list

Some games prioritized, one remove: Jotun. We now have all bosses of Jotun :)

Milestone

We are approaching the number of 800 video game bosses recorded, crazy. So we do a little extra rush. In March there will be an additional reward for boss fight videos, 1 x 50 PED per contributor.

New partnership

We have a new partnership with the Attack Gaming YouTube channel. So the rewards will be expanded, your channel will also be featured on the Attack Gaming YT channel for 1 month.

Special event

On Friday Devil May Cry 5 will be released. Devil May Cry 5 will probably be covered by 1 or 2 core team members. We already have all bosses of the last title DMC: Devil May Cry. We want to have bosses of all other games in the series. So if you bring all bosses of any of these games you'll get as an additional reward one of the other DMC games: DMC HD Collection with DMC 1-3 or DMC 4 or DMC: Devil May Cry. This is limited to this month only.

Rewards

Here again the rewards as of March 2019:
    • free ad in our new ad system for 1 month
    • your YouTube channel or a channel of your choice featured on the following YouTube channels for 1 month:
    • your Live Streaming channel featured in our streams directory and when live in our sidebar for 1 month
    • your project (Twitch, YouTube, website, etc) featured in one of our gleam competitions
    • 50 PED extra for the first exclusive high quality video or article (technically and content-wise) every month
    • 50 PED extra per contributor for a boss fight video in March 2019 only
    • Devil May Cry HD Collection OR Devil May Cry 4 OR DMC: Devil May Cry for all bosses of DMC 1 or 2 or 3 or 4, in March 2019 only

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you have any question please just ask. Recording videos can be relatively easy. For content that easy to reproduce the rewards are really great, don't waste your time sweating ;) And it's a cool project constantly growing. If you have any suggestions please just let us know.

16. Tass

Tass Administrator

We have a chance to get several keys for the newly released Diablo version for modern systems. This game wasn't really on the list and the release was quite a surprise. But we can seize the opportunity and record the bosses and mini bosses of the game. In case someone wants to do some just let me know.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Tass

Tass Administrator

So these were the extras in the rush for 800 total boss fights, limited to March:
    We now have reached 2,000,000 views and 3 Million minutes monthly watch time. To put this in perspective, that's like 250 people playing Entropia Universe for 6 hours each day of a month. One could say we're seeing some success.

To celebrate these milestones we'll just continue the extra rewards from above until the end of April. And also we'll give away a Humble Monthly 1 month subscription with access to ~100 games to the person with the most contributions in a month, every month, starting now :)

Still not enough? Let us know what would be required to motivate you to record videos of the games you play.

• Like Like x 1
  18. San

San

I actually like making longplay videos sometimes, but they're incredibly boring to watch (not really meant to anyway), in a game like Entropia never come to a conclusion, and worst of all in low graphics settings. Maybe more for the idea of featuring music, which would run into issues if published for own monetization. I might like to do instance videos if I had the funds for running them. Not sure if anything like this stuff would meet your standard, or what needed to change that it does?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UComGLW5R0eIDcTKKnbhfRgw/videos?sort=dd&shelf_id=0&view=0

• Like Like x 1
  19. Tass

Tass Administrator

I totally agree that 99.9% of all longplays are boring to watch as a whole but right, they are not meant to. And of course longplays of really long games don't make much sense, a rule of thumb could be YouTube length limit. It's not about entertainment, it's all about documentation, gameplay examples and help for people in various situatuions.

Music shouldn't be added, except for special occasions. It's always a copyright issue. Even without adding music it's difficult enough, for exampe one of our Entropia videos got a copyright claim for containing material from a CD called "Sounds of the Tundra winds" which basically was just background noise. Worst case you don't get a claim but a strike, 3 strikes and the channel will ne terminated, it's no fun. We are luckily big enough already to have access to YouTube partner support with real human beings, so we can solve some issues but not all. Monetization isn't really important because we are trying to avoid anything interfering with the viewing experience like ads on the videos, we rather add affiliate links in the video descriptions although nobody ever clicks them :)

Your video quality is an edge case I'd say. 720p 30fps is the lowest we should accept. The artifacts and bluriness comes from low bitrate I guess. Maybe that could be improved, for example by recording at higher bitrate but lowest possible compression to save CPU/GPU resources, and then add the best possible compression in 'post-production'. That's also how I do it.

Regarding Entropia videos we can do pretty much everything but there should be some basic framework. Videos of events organized in the event system would be cool, videos of missions and mission chains that don't require to kill x hundred mobs, videos of wave events, videos of special bosses, complete playthroughs of areas like Hunt The Thing, and obviously instance runs. As these videos ideally should be excellent playthroughs with a "how-to" approach I fully expect that they need multiple tries, if possible.

My dream would be to have a team for regularly doing instance runs and recording them, with keys/beacons sponsored. In case of playthroughs of player created events it might be possible to sponsor the entry fees. EntropiaPlanets as well as that YouTube projects are money sinks, no income, just expenses, so funding is unfortunately limited and all provided by the "core" people contributing to the project. Ideally the affiliate links and possibly ads would one day rake in enough to fund all the gaming of all people involved with the project, no matter whether they record videos, write articles, administrate wikis or manage guilds or whatever. And in the final step we would all get paid for playing :)

In the 'big picture' the plan is still to merge some old EU community site with EP, then move the whole thing to a new improved server, upgrade evertything to latest versions, resume wiki development, start a society and get new people in, and then I should also be able to organize more in detail, like a team for instance runs. I expect that multiple tries are necessary to reach a good result.

Ok, scope creep. Any chance to try to improve video quality? I can try to help with settings and stuff, also I can do the post production. Any specific instance you want to do but lack the funds for?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Tass

Tass Administrator

800th boss fight published and we'll probably pass 1000 later this year. Unfortunately still just a handful of EU bosses.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.