Planet Calypso News: Trapping monsters inside the new Cyclops Depths

Discussion in 'Planet Calypso' started by EP-Newsbot, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Trapping monsters inside the new Cyclops Depths dungeon is considered an exploit. Intentional abuse of the disabled anti-trapping logic will from now on be punished.
    The anti-trapping logic will be activated in the next Platform Update and will be applied to all instanced areas.

Source

Further information:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  2. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

[​IMG]

Ghee, I wonder what collective punishment our MA overlords will impose this time, rather than addressing the actual issue.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Tass

Tass Administrator

So looks like @Menace got a temp-ban for trapping!?!

It's sucky creature AI and inappropriate design that causes the issue, how about fixing it? And why not allowing trapping and make it a feature? Like team hunting is a feature. There should be more options for killing creatures, more strategies for hunting besides playing item stats vs mob stats forever. Standing right in front of a mob clicking it by the dozen, 1000s and 1000s of mobs one after another, that's not exactly exciting gameplay rich in variety.

4. Kitty

Kitty Catnip is my kryptonite!

Super short ban, I saw him ingame yesterday.

5. Well I messaged MA and told them that Kitty would miss me if they kept me outta game too long. :P

Menace

• Like Like x 1
  6. Funny situation... I just got banned from PCF for a month for flaming/insults cuz I posted in a couple "I'm selling out cuz I'm pissed off with trappers" sales threads... Basically I stated "Yeah right... we all know no-one's gonna quit. You're all just taking the piss." Anyway.... good old forum rule 5.5 - Trading Thread Abuse. Now here's the real kicker... They banned me for breaking that rule in threads that are against rule 3.8 "Threatening to quit or leave".
    Fucking wanker that Neomaven is I'll tell ya. lol. When the 80k spider ATH hit (that was via trapping) years ago, Neomaven called for MA to "foster a fair environment". Too bad he didn't think along the same lines with his stupid forum.

I'm still actually expecting MA to turn around and perma ban me for the Marcimex trapping TBH. I've basically cycled my PED card down to 0. Sold off my gear and cycled that away. Maybe after Christmas if I'm not perma banned I'll start playing again... who knows.

Thing is... I'm really at the point where I don't care. If they perma banned me I'd just wait for something new to come along. Negative side to MA perma banning me (or anyone else) for trapping means that they allow the playerbase to influence their policing tactics which is really bad. They may not perma ban me but it wouldn't surprise me if they did.

Menace

7. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

Here's hoping they don't perma ban you Menace, and this forum is a much better place to be anyway, that's why I intentionally requested 711 to deactivate my account at both PCF and EF .. won't ever post at those forums again, ever ... for many reasons.

Relax here, follow what few rules there are, and enjoy yourself - the guys and the membership is great.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.