TheThing sucked into ROCKtropia's Orbit

Discussion in 'Entropia News' started by Lykke TheNun, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

RT-news.gif

ROCKtropia scores deal with
    Universal and the movie prequel "The Thing"

TheThing.gif

Today it was announced that ROCKtropia signed a deal with Universal Studios to present a new cold themed destination based on the movie "The Thing" which was developed as a prequel to the original movie made 30 years ago and will be released in theaters on October 14, 2011 just prior to Halloween. The planet will only be accessible via teleporters on ROCKtropia.

The original 1982 movie, also entitled "The Thing," was directed by John Carpenter and starred Kurt Russell. The movie received several nominations like Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror Films, Best Horror Film and Best Special Effects - and it was voted to contain one of the scariest movie moments of all times (the scene where Kurt Russell is testing everybody's blood to determine which members of his crew had been infected by the Thing).

Now, almost 30 years later, it will be exciting to see if they are able to recreate the atmosphere of fear and horror. One thing is certain, the expectations are high and the 2011 version promises to be equally spooky.

"The Thing" prequel movie trailer:

The official website for the movie: http://www.thethingmovie.net/
    Read more about the movie here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0905372/

ROCKtropia

ROCKtropia was the first planet after Calypso to be released into the Entropia Universe on April 6, 2010. Most known for being a ROCK planet - and especially for introducing Mötorhead into the virtual Universe. The planet is inhabited by Wolves, Zombies, Dragons and Vampires mixed in a world with parallels to Hollywood and music.

Later on, ROCKtropia expanded with even more content like clubs and DJ's and today, the planet also contains a prison from where NEVERDIE in his virtual life and history had to break out - and lately the planet also opened up the Gate to Hell, where you might or might not meet the Devil himself.

Further information

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Tass

Tass Administrator

3. Yeah, Lykke you mentioned planet also. But from the latest news I heard its just a destination in Rocktropia. ??

4. Lykke TheNun

Well, we didn't have much time to make the news ;) and I too was a little confused. Mindark first wrote it was a planet. Now they changed their first announcement!

Let's just call it 'Orbit' (like we did) :D and then we can change it when we have some inside info about what it REALLY is :)

5. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

OK so we have SEE that has a contract with Universal Studios for a few movie planets. Now SEE is out of the picture for EU and Rocktropia gets a contract with Universal Studios for this planet, area, something, whatever...

Is it me or is this getting confusing.

Oh very nice for ND, RT and EU that a big movie planet, area, something, whatever is coming with the cash that it brings ;) and October 14th is pretty soon (I assume that the planet will be launched with the movie).

6. LOL I think I will call it "um yeah" until we get some info :)

7. Krrk

Krrk Too Old, Too Cold

I'm worried.

8. Lykke TheNun

lol I'm done being worried! I'm actually excited. A lot can be said, but it's never boring :clown:

9. narfi

narfi Lost

The spark is back :) I like it

10. The John Carpenter version of "The Thing" was actually a redux of 1951's "The Thing from Another World", which in turn was an adaptation of John W. Campbell's "Who Goes There?". The original work was published in the late 1930's.

Interesting to see some sci-fi coming into the universe, but right now there are robots to fight. Excuse me while I slip into my 6a plates...

11. Lykke TheNun

I'm there now and I have a lot of fun. It's a long time since I enjoyed the game this much. Really cool made and exciting new environment. Also, the details are great.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I am very impressed. First cross promotional marketing effort I have seen in 6 years in game that I think will benefit the movie and EU. I am guessing Neverdie Studios designed it. Props to ND and his team. :)

P.S. - Throwing us out in the snow with no clothes.....cruel joke.... lol

13. Tass

Tass Administrator

Does that mean you create a news article with all the facts and images for the ones who can't/don't want to go there? :rolleyes:

14. Lykke TheNun

Here's a little pictures :) first of my 'virgin-trip to space and then a few from The Thing. There are a lot of awesome things to discover up there - but I don't want to be a spoiler ... the most exciting thing is the game play with the missions ...

8.png

9.png

10.png

11.png

12.png

15. Lykke TheNun

And here from when I go from the cinema on RT to The Thing ...

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

You can see a little bit of 'The Thing' behind me ... :P

6.png

7.png

16. I agree. Best fun I have had in awhile. But then it came to an end when my fap died and couldn't find another one to use :(

17. Lykke TheNun

wow that was exactly my problem too :( then I went through Hell ...and that was cool .. not cold :p

If you didn't yet, I can recommend you to explore the New Harlem and the missions there. I think they are quite fun and refreshing compared to a lot of 'let's-kill-1-mio-mobs-missions' :)

18. Yeah, I already did the Harlem missions. That bouncer at the bar is a little sensitive. Didn't appreciate my smart ass comments.....LOL

After he finally let me in I did a little pole dancing with the girls, and I must say....I was HOT! :)

19. narfi

narfi Lost

I put a bunch of shotguns in my Booth at the city of dreams for under auction price if you needed some for the Arctic.
    I still haven't had time to go yet, hopefully this afternoon when baby goes down for nap I can concentrate on it :P

narfi

20. How about some faps :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.