The Eggs of Entropia are here! Auction for the first 2 of 5 eggs: Planet Arkadia & Planet Toulan

Discussion in 'Entropia News' started by EntropiaPlanets, Aug 1, 2022.

1. [​IMG]
    Enter the Entropia Universe!

The Eggs of Entropia are here! Auction for the first two of five eggs: Planet Arkadia & Planet Toulan!

Owning one gives you…

Opportunities to achieve affiliate status with Entropia

Companions that will hatch from the egg for the player

[​IMG]

Learn More

Entropia Universe x NFT.io

To celebrate the first utility collection on NFT.io, we’re up to our old tricks — and that means free NFTs!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2022
  2. Tass

Tass Administrator

Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

OK this is interesting... the person (Entropia Universe NFT Collection) who bid on the Toulan egg earlier has cancelled their bids. It's now gone back to no bids. It's a bit dodge... same person bid on the Ark one, waiting till they were outbid, then cancelled the bid. OK no biggie as the min bid had to be met but still. If this continues as the sale goes up to higher prices it's going to be a bit nonsense if folks are bidding high then walking.

As an aside, I was looking through their NFT collection earlier out of curiosity... some weird ass stuff in there. The only one that actually looked nice was this one IMHO.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
  4. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

PS said bidder was also clearly dreaming of riding their (heavily armed) Atrox off into the sunset XD

[​IMG]

5. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

No worries. There's bound to be some mysterious bidder to come to the rescue at the very last moment, right before also this scheme proves to be a dud.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Tass

Tass Administrator

Very interesting indeed. So friend A bids just above the current highest or reserve, friend B bids extraordinary high beyond any sane value, then cancels last seconds and friend A gets it for relatively cheap. Please tell me that the platform is not screaming for abuse that loud.

7. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

It does seem that way... at least so far... looks like sale ends Thursday late so we'll know the comedy on Friday. Doesn't seem to be much interest in Toulan so far. From what I've read about NFT launches apparently these days if they are to go well you need mass advertising, and a long run up and also a discord community to whip up a frenzy among the fankids. It doesn't look like they've got any of this.

My prediction is that Ark and Caly will sell but not the others.

8. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

I think someone is going to pick these up for a bargain. They are in fact more valuable than in game Land Areas

9. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Why would they be more valuable? There's no pet yet, and who knows how long one has to wait for it, or what the specs of the pet are? And don't forget the affiliate access is by no means guaranteed either.

It's all just a big bet and hoping MA will follow through. Should I point out their track record of following through on delivering promised things?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. San

San

At least it seems to be somewhat more than a mere affiliate program, which would be strange to even imagine paying such money for.

I dislike the noncommittal wording, "Opportunities to achieve affiliate status". Does that mean you're not even guaranteed to get it if you buy this... thing?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

They are more valuable than a LA because of how the income is calculated. You only have to refer a few big spenders from other gaming communities or big gamblers. This game has many advantages over pure gambling like slots. Its a case of referring the right people. Plus when it comes to selling on the NFT egg the new owner builds on previous owners work. So it can easily be more valuable than a LA, considerably more valuable.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

The issue I can see is that there's hardly any incentive left for untapped big spenders to join. EU is not fun to play. It's not exciting either. It's a pure grindfest, and an expensive one at that. Uber gear probably is cheaper than ever, but that is a direct result of the markup having disappeared, and thus removing the ability to profit at a steady level.

I literally see zero reason why anyone with lots of disposable income at their fingertips would even consider playing. Old blood is leaving, and so is 98% of whatever new blood is brought in. In order to keep the pyramid scheme going, you need a constant influx of new people, and MA has failed to bring that for well over a decade. I'm frankly amazed the company is still around at all.

For the price to play EU for a few hours, you could literally buy dozens of other games that will offer far better entertainment value, and where you'd be treated with a lot more courtesy than in EU.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

That's how I read it. Whether or not one gets approved is at MA's whim. They could actually deny everyone's request.

I have no clue what the official affiliate program actually yields or requires, but there's not been too many links given out. I happen to know someone who has been trying to get one and has consistently been ignored/brushed off by MA. They obviously feel that the ability to market their shitty niche product is a very exclusive opportunity only to be shared with the most elite of ass-kissers.

Judging from the video posted earlier, StevieB seems to think he runs a very effective Youtube channel that promotes EU, but even he does not have an affiliate link.

The wording of the Egg press releases sort of sounds like these affiliate links function more or less like a Planet Partner agreement, but without all the hassle that comes with being granted a planet partner status. There hasn't been one of those in about a decade, and judging from the active playerbase, the PP program wasn't exactly a major success either.

The fact they are auctioning off 1 egg per planet (except ROCKtropia apparently) makes it sound as if the new affiliate link will be tied to a specific planet partner. The original concept of Planet Partners was that the PPs generated new content (that MA could mess with at their leisure, while eventually getting the intellectual property to ideas and assets constructed by the PP), and the PP would have to do their own advertising and that would be how they'd get money (50% of the revenue generated by a player acquired by said PP, if my memory serves me well).

What happened instead was that MA favored the planet they initially sold to a third party, who quickly realized they were duped, and which is/was/has been run by the son of the founder of MindArk. This, to nobody's surprise, ended up in said son being able to cherry pick from ideas suggested by PPs, claiming them as his own (Kim isn't exactly a genius).

10 years later, numerous failed ventures further, the PP program is dead (several planets were taken over by third parties (BIG Industries, who you will see again in this post), failing to even keep the lights in the original studios on), we saw a failed mobile game, numerous failed sales attempts to generate press releases to rival the good old days, a failed attempt at a VR conferencing tool, a failed attempt at launching a ICO (assisted by Shaun Klein from BIG Industries), and I'm sure I forgot a whole bunch of other failed ventures.

MindArk is desperate to keep the lights on, and this entire scheme (backed by Shaun Klein from BIG Industries) is exactly following the MindArk playbook. They are attempting to capitalize on the blockchain (far too late, and it adds zero value), NFTs (which have already been proven to be a bloody scam), they are trying to capitalize on this at the very moment the entire fad died down, and they use very dubious methods and carefully crafted lingo in order to try and appeal to an audience with more money than common sense.

And still there are people defending these crooks.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Poetry! It's a shame @Jamira isn't still on the art scene to parody that one with a mock egg advertising poster. Can just see it now:

MINDARK PRESENT

A very exclusive opportunity only to be shared with the most elite of ass-kissers

And indeed the rest sounds about right too. Didn't know Klein was from BIG... so this is the chap behind the NI revival. It really annoyed me that they kept it so under wraps. I tried asking in the past and they were very cagey on FB about who was steering the ship. Everything I've heard has been from the rumour mill. At least in the case of Toulan and Monria we all knew it was MS9 (DME) and co. A bit of honesty didn't hurt there.

15. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Just checked... even the Ark egg has been "unsold" now so it's standing at no bids for either. Also MA have started a second NFT giveaway here: Entropia Universe NFT Collection From what I vaguely remember, there have been more entries than the first one... can't remember though really.

16. Tass

Tass Administrator

Entropia Universe x NFT.io Giveaway #1 Gleam.png

17. Tass

Tass Administrator

In case you are thinking about participating in the giveaways of the "highly exclusive and limited" location NFTs:

Source: http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/Entropia_Universe_NFT_affiliate_eggs

Last edited: Aug 5, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

19. Tass

Tass Administrator

Typo... it's 2022 of course

20. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Anyone know what the first 2 eggs went for in the end? The new ones seem to be 1.5 and 1.95 or something at the moment.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.