Scam alert

Discussion in 'Entropia News' started by EntropiaPlanets, Aug 1, 2013.

1. UPDATE: Report by @Lokia (31 September 2013)
    Unfortunately I cannot consider the "major issue" as solved. I must consider this to be even worse.

Before: Accidently accept summons while on a hunt or mining run with loot from just that run on me.

Now: Accidenly accept summons while trying to trade loot from 5 or more runs.
    Source

UPDATE: VU 14.3 (24 September 2013)
    Entropia Universe Version Update 14.3 addressed this issue:
    • Spaceship summoning dialog has been adjusted to prevent accidental acceptance of requests. A cooldown timer has also been added to the summon interface to prevent spamming.
    It's still not perfect but can be considered as "solved".

UPDATE: MindArk's statement 06 August 2013
    Known Issue: Spaceship Summoning

An issue has been reported by many participants relating to abuse of the spaceship guestlist and summoning systems. We would like to reassure everyone that MindArk's support and development teams are aware of the issue, and it will be addressed in the next release.

Until such time, any participant found using the guestlist/summon system to loot other participants risks sanctions being taken against their Entropia Universe account, including temporary or permanent account termination depending on the severity of abuse.

We appreciate your patience while we work to improve the spaceship guestlist and summoning systems.
    Source

There is currently an ongoing incident taking place threatening the property in your inventory.

The ploy:

1. You are being added to the guest list of spaceships.

2. Then you are being summoned to one of the spaceships.

3. You get killed and items in your inventory get looted.

How to prevent it:

A summon message looks like this:

[​IMG]

Never ever press the green check mark button if you don't know and absolutely trust the person sending the message.

Since displayed names can be changed please make sure you know the combination of person sending the message and name of the vehicle to be summoned to.

If you get numerous summon messages for no obvious reason please take screenshots and file a support case: http://account.entropiauniverse.com/support-faq/contact/file-a-support-case/

And please share this information!

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2013
    • Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

MindArk has expressed no interest in reimbursing people affected by this.

http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/f...mmonfucntion&p=3148509&viewfull=1#post3148509

3. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

Maybe it is time for other PP's to react to this.

So Kris, David, Jon, Ed, Kim ?

4. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

5. leeloo

leeloo cOloRmAnIaC

Owwww... I usually put all things in storage before entering space but those SUMMON message can pop up quite surprisingly and while in a dense hunt .. ppl could click the green button by accident :-(

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Tass

Tass Administrator

So this is to be considered "Solved" then?

7. leeloo

leeloo cOloRmAnIaC

at least it is at the upper right corner now , where all the other request appear too

8. Yeah right where my team and trade requests show up, have misclicked more often in the new area thinking it was the team or trade request I am expecting than in the whole 2 years of it being middle of screen.

9. Tass

Tass Administrator

So it still might not be perfect but let's consider the major issue solved. I've updated post#1 accordingly.

10. Unfortunately I cannot consider the "major issue" as solved. I must consider this to be even worse.

Before: Accidently accept summons while on a hunt or mining run with loot from just that run on me.

Now: Accidenly accept summons while trying to trade loot from 5 or more runs.

Which situation do you think feeds the pirates more?

11. I will admit that pirates are not sending me summons, and part of it is my own fault for working with multiple mothership owners and privateer owners, but since the change I have notice that legit summons from actual services have to often send more summons since someone almost inevitably will miss the timer countdown as they put stuff in storage. This is just another way that it is worse than before, but at least the pirates have stopped abusing it for now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.