EBN: THE CDF NEEDS YOU TO HELP CRACK THE CODE

Discussion in 'Entropia News' started by EP-Newsbot, Apr 3, 2013.

1. [​IMG]

EBN: THE CDF NEEDS YOU TO HELP CRACK THE CODE

Jermaine Johansson: “You’re watching Entropia Breaking News. I’m your host, Jermaine Johansson.

Today’s top story: Decrypting the Encrypted Spatial Units.
    Yesterday, CDF Ground Forces Commander Brigadier General de Souza joined us to ask the colony for help in finding robot spatial units, which would lead us to the whereabouts of the RX. Since then, several spatial units have been handed in to the CDF.

Now, the CDF has issued a statement saying that they need our help to decipher the code in the spatial units. Time is of the essence, so every able-brained colonist is needed. The following data has been extracted from the found spatial units:

ENCRYPTED SPATIAL UNIT ALPHA & BETA

1 1 0.2857 1 0.8571, 1 1.8 1 1 2.25

HJOQU, IMQVC

WARNING: ENCRYPTION FAILED
    PROTOCOL ALPHA
    CTR. COORD: 784MISSINGNO, 819MISSINGNO
    RADIUS: 1152
    ABORT PROTOCOL
    PROTOCOL BETA
    90 DEGREES, 1ST QUADRANT
    DISTANCE MULTIPLE: 8
    EXECUTE PROTOCOL

ENCRYPTED SPATIAL UNIT OMEGA

7 9 0 625 32, 8 64 64 16 3125

(EFADB) + B, (GGCAD) + A

WARNING: ENCRYPTION FAILED
    PROTOCOL ALPHA
    PATROL PERIMETER
    1st COORDINATE - FOURTH QUADRANT – 30 DEGREES
    2nd COORDINATE – THIRD QUADRANT – 60 DEGREES
    END AT INTERSECT
    EXECUTE PROTOCOL

Yikes. That’s more than this reporter can handle. Let’s hope that someone out there can figure it out. It’s about time we pay the RX a visit. Get cracking!”

Source...

----

Further information

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2013
  2. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

I would like to go on record in saying, that despite my love/not-so-love relationship with MindArk, I'm giving 2 :thumbsup: to their recent efforts with the Robot Wars and the Egg caper. They have really stepped up to the plate with regard to reintroducing storyline, as well as making it far more interesting and inspiring to become engaged in current events.

Also looks like they might have hired someone new to do the writing and editing, because I'm quite impressed with the presentation so far - unless it's one of the temps that are sitting in while staff is out with the flu. :tongueout:

Really good storyline is an element that invites player participation, even if the mechanics might be the same, and getting the community to work together on cracking code promotes a united front.

I don't think the wash, rinse and repeat cycle will ever change when it comes to getting from point A to point B, but the engagement has the potential for perhaps enjoying more bang for the buck, and maybe even lessen the level of complaining - not sure, so don't quote me on that. :biggrin:

I just wanted to give credit where credit is due, now if they could only ... :rolleyes (2):

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.