Anyone using a joystick to fly/space travel in Entropia?

Discussion in 'General Entropia Universe Discussion' started by Wistrel, May 3, 2012.

1. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Just wondered if anyone else has done this? Or would want to?
    MA still not put any support in by default it seems - doesn't look like its on the road map either :(

2. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

It was mentioned by an MA representative when he gave a tour of space before space was opened. So they have plans for that somewhere down the line...

3. Nope, but a joystick would be better than using a mouse. Still don't know why we can't use the arrow keys though, then you wouldn't need a joystick.

4. You can use a joystick to fly a vehicle in atmosphere, but in space, I don't know of any way to turn the vehicle, since that requires mouse input.

5. The X-Box 360 USB game controller that has 2 joysticks works well all you need is something like pinnacle game profiler to map your buttons and joysticks it's what I use and works very well

6. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Looks like the pinnacle website has gone. I was using joy2key for a very good "planetside" solution but it isn't powerful enough for a space solution. I'm working on another idea for this. Tests so far look like its going to work pretty well when I finish it.

Sorry I'm a bit of a nerd when it comes to Joysticks haha I think its cause we couldn't afford what we needed for one when I was a kid.

7. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

hey thats an impressive looking front page! Must be a good product if you have managed with that.

re: my solution. It's getting close to complete now and wowee is it fun! Was adding in mouse look functionality to the pov hat tonight - really helps with a sense of where you are and what is around you!*

Wistrel

PS even added a funky robotic voice for control mode switching :D

*ok "space" largely but I've been mainly test piloting the new control system round Next Island Space station going in and out of the poky bits and what not so yeh tend to use the mouse look to see where the planet, mo ships or space station are.

• Like Like x 1
  8. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Would you consider writing a guide on what you did for us, Wistrel? :)

9. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Hey VF. Ideally I'd like to make something available for people if there is interest - would be nice to make something available for the community if possible/time allows.

Not finished yet though and the program is a mess (I'm learning as I go). Making something that people could configure themselves might be a lot more work.

Was thinking maybe once I'm a bit happier with it, I could produce a sort of diagram/form thing people could fill in, that depicts how they'd like controls set up and I could make the modifications and send them something.

Its a gradual thing though. The fun is really in the making :D

Wist

10. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.