Active Players - Accounts - Forum Accounts : All data here

Discussion in 'General Entropia Universe Discussion' started by McCormick, Aug 9, 2014.

1. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

I strongly disagree. I think they should focus on improving the player experience in the core game.

MA tried numerous things in attempts to increase the active playerbase. Android thingy, referal stuff, that thing where you'd connect to FB.

All of those strategies might have had a short-time impact, but in the long term, I doubt they led to many more active players. It's basically leading to development time being wasted on new systems, hoping that enough new people will stick in order to pay off the investment of developing that new system.

I still feel that if they manage to get the newly signed up people to stay longer, or to entice existing participants to drop more coin, they'd have a much better strategy to go forward with.

The dropoff rate of new people is gigantic. At the same time, a large number of the players left in the system without being purged are not spending any more money. Keep people playing longer, and keep existing players to drop more money would mean a higher ROI. And the only way I can see that happening is by reducing the cost to play, as that, and plain boring gameplay ensure I'll log off bored within a few hours.

There's thousands of other games out there, and every single one of them offers better value for money than EU. Change the perceived value for money, and people'd have a lot less problems dropping in some money every now and then.

2. It was working once...then again, the community was never really growing.
    MAsterplan, MAybe ? ;p

• Like Like x 1
  3. narfi

narfi Lost

The android 'thingy' is heavily used by the crafters in the top crafting soc on tracker right now.
    Some systems might be valuable even without bringing in new players if it encourages existing players to cycle more heavily.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Correct. The android thingy was never ever developed to bring in more people.
    It was made for the rich fooks, so that they can cycle even more PEDs at the bus station.

I can only imagine peoples reaction, without knowledge about Entropia, downloading the app, going all..."delete app"...about it, without doing any further google searches, as they cant even log into this app without an account.

It seems like that MA (and/or the investors behind it) do not even want (too many) new accounts, because of their limited server capacity for example. Can you imagine 1500 green dots at Twin Peaks / Port Atlantis ? Just like in other (hack & slay) MMOs ? I bet most of us dont even want that (lag).
    Milking the current rich people seems to be enough for the investors behind MA, even if its all beyond real profit. But hey, pyramid schemes do not generate profit for everyone, so everything might work as intended.

5. narfi

narfi Lost

well those 'rich fooks' aren't necessarily rich, they have just found something they enjoy and spend money on, they are nice guys too and in my soc.

6. Rich fook wasnt meant to be negative at all and I never said that rich fooks cant be nice people too (urban dictionry ftw), but in my opinion, if you spend 500$-1000$ per week on Entropia, you are not only a rich fook, but also someone with gambling addiction.
    (or a rich investor) ;)

The argument, that you can "always" get some of your money back, wouldnt be the best argument here. :p

And according to others, you are doing something (very) wrong...if you are not just investing, that is...or you'llbe called a reseller. I hope you understand what I am trying to express.

And as I wrote above already :
    Milking the current rich people seems to be enough for the investors behind MA, even if its all beyond real profit. But hey, pyramid schemes do not generate profit for everyone, so everything might work as intended.

Just my opinion.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Twin does concern me. It is so bad when more than a handful of people are there. I don't even understand why. Extra memory requirements make sense yes but the data to describe the position pose and get up of an avatar really CAN'T be THAT big (also life got no better with a faster internet connection for me). It can't be a render issue either since I can be in an area with way more mobs than there are avas at Twin and things are fine...

It really is a Mystery

8. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

I haven't been to Calypso in a while, but I could never stay in Twin very long because of the graphics that seemed to have gotten worse over time, especially after VU10. I'm going to need to make a trip to Calypso to put my apt on restricted so that I can sell it, so perhaps Obie and I will explore a bit to get a feel for how things have changed.

The trips to other planets to clear my storage is a farewell tour before I finally get that life. :biggrin:

9. The problem is, MA trying to optimize problems with CryEngine². Thats really an issue.
    Noone left to fully test updates. (have there ever been real tests ?)

Its a farce. Since 2009.

10. Lets say there were an estimated amount of 1.100.000 registered accounts in 2012
    (feel free to compare with my 1st post).
    A growth rate of 110% might even be a true statement by MA then.
    Additional, registered accounts only, of course.

57% increase in the number of depositors ? Steady depositors ?
    Let me introduce you to my imagination now...

So we have like an estimated amount of :
    -ca. 50 "rich fooks" in here by now (lets call em re-sell-investors for now)
    -ca. 200 steady "big time" depositors
    -ca. 5.750 "now & then" depositors
    -ca. 50.000 new "one time depositors" (that probably already left)

All data together = Alltime high in 2013 ? Seriously ?
    2013, the year of the lord...

And I still feel my numbers are way too high...

marketing 2014.jpg

11. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Who knows... it is a big secret and that in itself is all anyone needs to know really ;) Think about it ;)

12. If you explore the universe and its planets, the forums, talking to to other people you meet about this matter, do some research in the past, check the google, doing some math, reading between the lines...

...most other MMOs love to share their registered accounts...MindArk did it for about 7 years as well...so why start to hide this "super secret" now ?
    Dont we all know that MindArks servers woud not be able to handle 1 million concurrent users ? Hmmm ? ;)

13. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

yeh they used to share the registered accounts but other people were sharing active users... I think MA stopped sharing the big number in case anyone asked about the small number... best not to share any number. What numbers? There are no numbers ;)

14. Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  15. Random forum evening :
    random forum evening.jpg

16. Tass

Tass Administrator

EP has an insane active/passive users ratio, a lot of people reading and lurking around, only a few are writing. Don't be afraid, just write write something, people.

According to my secret stats EP has slightly more visitors than PAF, and about half as many as PCF. The others, unfortunately, are not worth mentioning.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. *bump*

18. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

19. Looks like our polish friends cleaned up their database.
    Other then that, I leave it up to you.

forum growth2.jpg

accounts 2016.jpg

20. - Lets SEE what happened to the forums during the fascinating presidential elections 2016 !!! -

forum accounts may 2016.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.