Entropia Universe: 1,000 tameless days (and counting)

Discussion in 'Entropia News' started by NotAdmin, May 13, 2012.

1. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

10 days...

2. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

"We expect a shipment soon" :notworthy:

• Like Like x 1
  3. "Did you SEE my kids ?"

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Butch C

Butch C Tamer (FU MA)

With great risk to my personal safety i embarked on infiltrating MA HQ and get out with the plans for taming on paper, but funnily enough there was no one there, never the less i managed to get the secret taming plans that are on paper and after 3 years of no taming and 4 years before that of the promised Stage 2 of taming things sure are looking up for us tamers.

taming_on_paper.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Brilliant! Worthy of Entropia Exposed!

6. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

Looks like we are getting a pain update for creatures as well.

Good find !

7. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Yesterday, it was exactly 4 years ago that taming was disabled.

Apparently MindArk was not satisfied with just 1,000 days of screwing tamers, and now, with 38 days left, has its mind fully set on achieving the 1,500 day milestone.

*slow clap*

In case anyone at MindArk is still wondering why on earth they do not seem to be able to grow their customer-base, this is a major contributing factor. That, and your slot machine is simply too expensive.

• Agree Agree x 1

8. Ahhh the paper!

Maybe MA does not know how to properly advertise, other then the Treasure Island and CND publicity stunts ? (I mean, they ask(ed) us about where to advertise)

Maybe MA does not have enough capacity for their goal of 1 mio. concurrent users ?
    (I mean, one should think, that after more then 10 years of beeing online, we should have been already beyond that goal)

Maybe MA does not want to have a giant userbase ?
    (I mean, look at the way they advertise and where. Its always the users doing the "(fake) vote here and there" and make Entropia become the top ten blah)

Sometimes I wonder about the goal of Bridge Investment (and maybe Benny Iggland?)...

Feel free to enjoy
    Developer Notes #4: ;O
    http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/2012/9/14/Developer-Notes--4.xml

Aahhhh the online campaign...
    Ahhhhh the marketing... (did Klas Moreau already double the amount of participants ?)
    Ahhhhh the real actress called Sayah King...

developer notes 4.jpg

disappointed.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Tass

Tass Administrator

No no no, in 2007 the plans have been adjusted:

Source: http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki...hina_to_Create_the_Largest_Virtual_World_Ever

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. EwoK

EwoK Southern Fortress Engineering

I have only 3 words for this...Laugh Out Loud

:tongue (2):

11. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

27 days left, and according to today's developer notes, taming will not be back in the next two releases.

I propose we hold a party on September 25th to celebrate MA's new milestone in customer contempt.

• Hussked Hussked x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1

12. Excuse me, but what exactly is this taming ?

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. leeloo

leeloo cOloRmAnIaC

I think I had once a pet .. somewhere in storage the deed could be rotting .. I remember very very slightly it might even have had a name .. and a breed .. it must be dry like a stone by now.

I wonder if ever taming comes back, do we get back the food value the pet once had on it? Do you think they still know how much each pet had when they disabled taming?

... poor Smitty .. (my little Exa) .. still hope one day we will see you again and you can meet your little friend Jenny (Soc Mates little Exa) again ..

• Hussked Hussked x 1
  14. EwoK

EwoK Southern Fortress Engineering

i currently have somewhere around 25 pet deeds in my inventory/storage....

• Hussked Hussked x 1
  15. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

Moonie and I years ago were given an Exo Stalker or Prowler (forgot which one) as a gift from Sir Oddbunny, and my brother named him Empire Poop Station, so we nicknamed him Poopie. Moonie has the deed, but like Ms LeeLoo says, we have NO idea what the result will be or what we'll have when they finally DO bring taming back.

However, I happen to agree with Peter about MA not having it on schedule for any releases the rest of this year like they said they would. The little "road map" they gave us in the Developer Notes #6 gave no indication of such.

16. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Well, nothing new there. They also promised to launch it in 2012, and failed.

It'll be a nice opportunity to highlight to new people exactly how safe it is to invest in this "virtual universe" when a party as unreliable/uncaring as MindArk is behind the steering wheel.

More broken promises than some politicians (CND's stadium, was that ever released? TI also was supposed to come with a bunch of stuff that, if my memory serves me well, wasn't delivered until years later, the hangar debacle, randomly moving prime real estate around at the VU 10 update, the list goes on and on), and all the while having people's investments loose more value.

I sometimes wonder if that's a deliberate strategy to ensure MA won't have to payout some of the PEDs locked into player's accounts.

17. They are so dry, you cant even use em as bait for fishing anymore.
    We dont even have fishing inside of this universe.

I cant believe you missed the release of the "Mega CND Sports Stadium" (Feb. 2011) !!!!111 :OOOOOO

Just search "mega cnd sports stadium" inside of this blog :

http://content-of-oblivion.blogspot.de/

It is indeed mega...empty...but mega...well, it is huge...but nothing special...SEE what I mean ?

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

You ever think maybe some sort of protest is in order. Mount a canpaign based on the info in this post to educate all players old and new about the situation. Maybe something like the sit down protest there once was, Maybe we could get everyone to from a massive line somewhere.... lol maybe queueing for oil at the newbie rig. If something got get external interest that might help. Would be good to have the gaming press talking about this sort of thing perhaps...

of course the problem is that this wouldn't help. The press would actually get MindArk free advertising.... even if its bad press.

19. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

The problem is, any kind of mention about protests is a no no with MindArk, and Alpha Geek in the past got himself banned because of trying to start one and broadcasting it at the then EF forum, so I don't think that would go over too big.

What I don't understand is what's the big secret in keeping us updated on progress without giving away any secrets as to the new features. My guess? There's so much going on right now that they don't have enough staff to handle everything. They need a Community Manager who could keep us "in the know" so that we at least have information regarding what's going on, but then I think we all know that they don't readily release information to the general public so easily, which I'm sure made Skam's job a challenge.

They could do SO much to quell the frustrations of the player base with better communication, but I really don't see that happening anytime too soon, and while it's gotten better, it's nowhere near where it needs to be, and that's one of the things that irritates this community so much, unfortunately.

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.