Your favorite video game and why?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ori'sWorld, Dec 16, 2010.

1. My fav! game without a doubt would have to be Another world :) back in the day on my amiga 500! i really liked the concepts! and that the main protagonist "Lester Knight Chaykin" after being transported across space and time has no way of ever getting home and he actually died in the second final chapter of the game...awesome and unforgettable.

.................................................. .................................................. ...............................................

2. For me I would have to say Star Wars Galaxy before the big book of stupid known as the NGE

3. Thorn

Thorn Proud CND Baby

Herzog Zwei for Sega Genesis! Many hours of head to head fun with this one!

4. Neuromancer

Neuromancer Brainstormers Official Brain Glue

My second favorite would be Elder Scroll: Oblivion I was clearing this game for the second time (Argonian assassin) when I discovered EU and online gaming. Great graphics (and weather) at the time but it is a totally quest driven game so it limits replayability.

Favorite game is tough. The original TRON game took up a lot of quarters when I was in university. Deus Ex is great for the story. But if you count the best game as the most hours wasted while I could have been working on the next great novel or expanding my business then Elder Scrolls: Morrowind is my best/worst game.

Honorable mention goes to Clive Barker's Undying for one scene - stepping out of the mansion into another dimension with the lights out, headphones on, and so on.

5. kalanen

kalanen roadkill

Yey! I had that one on mega drive.

Oh the amount of beer, vodka and some other stuff consumed during sessions of HZ and Al Madden football with friends :D

• Like Like x 2
  6. Yes! Oblivion is awesome...i still make custom weapons/maps and other such modifications for it :) and of course* have over 200 mods running!! my game will never end.................and that's good ;)

7. cause its Best

8. kalanen

kalanen roadkill

"When the history of my glory is written, your species shall only be a footnote to my magnificence."

:)

9. MULE (c64), Forgotten Realms Gold Box on Amiga 500, and Neverwinter Nights (PC)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Elder Scrolls Series is my favorite games
    but
    If I have to pick just one of them I probably will say
    Morrowind

Don't get me wrong, I like Skyrim, and Oblivion too

Just my personal opinion I just like Morrowind little bit better

Gold Edition!

11. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

Been a while since anyone posted in this thread, but hey it is a good one. I think my favorite one (next to the love-hate relationship I have with EU) is probably TES Oblivion, as I probably have the most hours in it. On the other hand I have spend days and days playing The Legend of Zelda on my Nintendo 8bit machine and Sonic the Hedgehog on my friends Sega Megadrive.

And welcome to our little forum Atun !

12. Oh very cool RAZER

I definitely love Oblivion as well
    When the game first came out, with the updated Graphics from Morrowind I was
    anxious to get into it. I enjoyed playing through the Minotaur's in that game

I went 2-Handed Sword through majority Oblivion

13. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

OH I also played a lot of Command & Conquer, basically starting with Dune 1 en Dune 2 all the way up to C&C Tiberium Wars. I am not really a fps kind of guy as I am usually pretty bored pretty fast with those, I have always played the strategy games, SimCity, C&C, Railroad Tycoon, Civilization, Age of Empires, Colonization, but also games like Need for Speed from the very first one to a couple of years ago.

Not sure which one of those I loved most, but I think I can tell you which one of the series I liked most.

C&C Red Alert
    SimCity 2000
    Railroad Tycoon 2
    Age of Empires, the origional
    Civilization, don't know actually

• Like Like x 1
  14. I definitely agree with those chosen Series you have there RAZER

but for my personal choice, I chose Elder Scrolls Series to along with the
    ones you have listed

15. For me it was on our first pc at home for sure Stunts.
    Was able to find it on youtube.

You where able to build a track yourself and after pick on of the many cars to drive it.
    Really a sweet game for it's time.

EDIT : found download location : http://www.bestoldgames.net/eng/old-games/stunts.php

Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  16. AMOK on my comodore vic20 was a ton of fun at the time. :thumbsup:

The sim city series for sure.

All time favorite has to be GTA Vice City. I actually own all of the GTA series, but for some reason Vice City still draws me back from time to time. I even have it on my work PC and sometimes play on lunch hour just driving around shooting and rampaging...lol Great stress relief. :biggrin:

17. narfi

narfi Lost

NBA LIVE series on the playstation 2(if i remember right we started on the original playstation, but cant remember for sure) was the only console game I ever got 'really' into.

We bought the new one each year and would run a full season with each of us as one of the teams. Each season/year started with a complete remix and draft, so none of the teams matched the RL teams, and since we we usually ended up with stacked teams, but with 5-6 of us all doing it was pretty evenly matched between us. (though our benches were all starters in rl)

We would pass the disk and save card around every day depending on whos game was up next and we would play against each other when our teams were matched up.

As the season progressed we would have injured players affecting our lineups, and lots of comparing our stats vs the other guys teams.

The playoffs and championships were definitely the big event and consumed full weekends of non stop playing, and more than a few controllers were destroyed by disappointed looses.

18. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Wisker Fish

• Like Like x 1
  19. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Larry and the other Sierra games consumed far more of my time than I care to admit. I've also always been a sucker for the Civilization and Monkey Island series.

Other titles I played relentlessly were XWing, Wing Commander, the Call of Duty series, and more recently I bought a second-hand copy of Red Dead Redemption for about 12 USD, and have thoroughly been enjoying that.

This year I also bought The Last Of US, which is great, and I fully intend to pick up GTA V when it comes along.

I still love the concept of EU, but it won't ever make it into my top list of games.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.