Xmas Canley - Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Entropia Universe Discussion' started by fubar, Dec 5, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Could you define "kill"..."valid kill?"
    I assume these "kills" must occur in either a PVP zone or a Octagon

Ed: Go find the 'rules' post, it will explain everything ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2008
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Anna

Anna Master of the Universe

Re: Xmas Canley

Also, the vendetta must have a break tomorrow since we do the beacon or i would kill everyone

Ed: see the rules about 'pax'

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2008
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Re: Xmas Canley

So may disputes, I'm a sad Jesus :(. Been away just one day partying with Dad on his day off and I come back to argument and dispute. Be excellent to each other.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Anna

Anna Master of the Universe

Re: Xmas Canley

STFU noob :mad::mad::mad:

5. Re: Xmas Canley

Good calls Phunksta.

As I said in the -REP; Grow up.

• Like Like x 8
  6. Re: Xmas Canley

Haha sigh, and I get a -rep back with the comment "Noob"...

OK, sorry for being off-topic. Back to Canley!

• Like Like x 8
  7. Re: Xmas Canley

I'm sorry Anna, I am sure there is no St. Fu noob. I have meet the saints and he or she is not amongst them. Pehaps it's a language thing :).

• Like Like x 5
  8. Re: Xmas Canley

Suffering in the defense of another, this does you credit. Thank you.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Re: Xmas Canley

Thanks for all the commentary Jesus, I needed the laughs!

But, as this thread is for the Canley event, perhaps starting a new one for comments would be a good idea.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Ok I've split out the 'general' discussion about Xmas Canley into this thread, so the main thread is for kills, and discussion of kills, bounty, rules etc.

There is still LOADS of bounty to play for, I can't believe that is going to go unclaimed?

• Like Like x 4
  11. Zack

Zack Uber Sweater

Who do i need to kill to get biig bounty? :)

12. The current stats are in the first post of the kills thread.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Zack

Zack Uber Sweater

Burgerman, watch your steps, im coming for ya :D

• Like Like x 6
  14. Some discussion about the 'blocked view' rules, for future competitions.

The EU game engine is really bad at making feet meet the ground, and I often find I'm wading 'through' the floor. Perhaps we should have an exclusion for 'feet only' blocked?
    There is the choice of using a scoped weapon in these circumstances which I think is good and should remain - perhaps we could accept a head OR torso shot as a kill?

• Like Like x 7
  15. Excellent points Phunksta :).

When I first wrote the rules I decided to make it as difficult as I could for the assassin, the idea being to make people think about what they were doing and give the victim a chance to escape or retaliate.

The absoluteness of the rules makes it easier for everyone to know what works and what does not. If we allowed feet to be blocked then we need to define where the foot ends and the leg begins.

I would say that if an assassin makes a hit in an area where an avatars feet are in the ground then they have chosen a poor location to make the hit and deserve to fail :).

I did consider the torso option when I looked at using a scope but decided it made things too easy on the assassin and that an edge shot on the torso was less likely to kill than a head shot.

Those things said, I am more than happy to change the rules to accommodate the wishes of the players. After all the point is for the people playing the game to have fun. So please comment on this people.

The series of disputes has caused me to re-read the rules and there are definitely areas that need improving so please feel free to include other points in this discussion.

In the process of re-reading the rules I have discovered I made an error of judgement when it comes to Una's kill of Moon. The rules do state that when an avatar does not show their full name in the selection box then the only weapon that can make a valid kill is a scanner and Una used a knife. I am not sure if I should correct this in the Xmas Canley thread or let it stand. What do you think Phunksta?

• Like Like x 3
  16. Zack

Zack Uber Sweater

Well in real life if i want to kill someone i wont wait until i see his feet

• Like Like x 3
  17. Just the whites of his eye huh?
    :rofl:

Any I think that should continue to be the case, it's a good premise :)

good point, but I think 'judges discretion' wins here. There should probably also be a distinction between 'feet in the ground' and 'standing behind a hill.

Yes thinking about it yours is simpler

I think we'll have to stick with 'good kill' on this one. The whole 'full name' business has been really nerfed by MA lately, so I think as long as there is reasonably no confusion that it's the wrong avatar, these kills should stand. In most cases we know what the ava looks like, if there is any question we could ask for a screenie from the victim to confirm appearance etc.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2008
    • Like Like x 4
  18. Zack

Zack Uber Sweater

Good point. Maybe new rules should mention this

19. Why would the victim willingly help to resolve the dispute in favour of the assassin? :D

Erach.

• Like Like x 4
  20. good point ;)

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.