Wow.

Discussion in 'Next Island' started by Corey 'GreyFox", Jan 1, 2011.

1. So I post a thread trying to get people to visit NI on the PCF and it gets locked in less then 24 hours. People post,slandering RT and NI and it's allowed to stay on. Man I am pissed(and venting atm). I know PCF is a Calypso forum but seriously, to allow insult without allowing praise? Call this a booze induced rant(I wont blame you if you do, I am half tanked atm)It was originally an Entropia forum, turning it into a Calypso forum and forbiding anything good about other planets to be said on it. Come on, I'm drunk right now and that looks stupid.

Thank you for enduring my drunk rant.

2. Leo

Leo

Your welcome ;)

3. Drunk or not, that's simply how things are. It might have started like an entropia forum, but that was back when it wasn't a universe but simply a planet, Project Entropia. It is NOT a democracy, it's a business. Slandering their competitors is normal practice, but advertising them... is not. And neither is it condoned by MA, who want every planet to be independent, with only the minimal population movements between them.

Think of it like this. We're all enjoying something they chose to disregard. Joke's on them...

4. To be honest this isnt about business. This is about people acting like jerks. Calypso's community isnt exactly the friendliest community on the net, if you get my drift.

Saying that slander and negative attitudes is about business and is a normal business practice is not accurate, and it should not be said as it only encourages that kind of behavior to continue. Sure people may claim this is slander against Calypso, however please take into account before you pass judgement --- I have been saying Calypso's community is a negative hellhole since I signed on the game. The platform is whats kept me interested. By and large the community has been more of a liablilty than a source of encouragement.

Thats just my perspective though. You dont have to share it.

5. The community and the people that own the forum are two totally different entities. Moderators have to enforce the rules that are set by the owners, especially when those are against their respective interests.

The slander and the attitude towards everything different than Calypso... that's 100% the 'friendly' people.

I just honestly wonder what their attitude will be towards Ozi when Arkadia goes online, and what pretense they'll use against that planet.

6. Ya I know what you mean Manny.
    Booze tends to turn me into a "fairness" cop. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.