Will Amethera expand in future?

Discussion in 'Planet Calypso' started by Lykke TheNun, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

I have been examining the maps lately to get the new tp's etc.

The more I look at the map of Amethera here:

http://members.cox.net/bencoyotetd/amethera_cazadoresfurtivos.jpg

The more I believe it will expand to the right side. It doesn't look like a proper ending on a land area to me - It's just going straight down - and it looks like lakes etc. have just been cut off!

What do you think?

2. Goreon

Goreon May the HOF be with you!

I think at some point it will be expanded...

When the need comes for more LA's (community grows) and more investors etc (sure that is MA's goal).

How long that will take.... :dunno:

3. aridash

aridash large throbbing member

it used to be a given, but im not so sure anymore. Planets sort of negate the need to expand Amethera.

4. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

There's already a bunch of new LAs. My main concern is what they'll be used for?

There's only so many LAs that will be able to cater to unique wishes. Already, there's numerous "Trox" areas out there, and there's only so many different types of DNA available.

I'm not even sure if the playerbase at this moment will allow someone who buys one of the new LAs to recoup his/her investment within two/three years. Just because the market price insists a LA is worth several thens of thousands, does not mean they actually are worth that amount of money.

5. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

I think at some stage it will expand. It doesn't necessarily have to have any LA's in the new area. I think they will only expand it once they have a need for new unique mobs and stuff to put in there. I remember Marco or someone from MA mention the reason why they didn't expand it before was due to not having new mobs and new landscape areas to add in there.

On the big scale of things yes I think it will expand and MA probably have some "vision" for it which they haven't shared with us. I don't think that will come about any time soon. They have too much else to do at this moment in time. Once things stabilize and FPC are heavily into developing new content then we may see something happen.

6. Natasza

Natasza Guest

7. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

I think they will expand the land mass on Calypso, but if they will do that by adding more land to Amethera or by adding a new continent (wonder how the storyline for that will go) I don't know.

and there is still some blank area north of TI to

8. Stave

Stave Guest

well all you need to do is look at the oldmaps, its clear they have plans for it.

But with all these new content systems/old systems that are going to be improved that could take some time untill they get back to that.

9. Of course it will expand. Zoom out on the map so you see both Amethera and Calypso... There's A LOT of black space in there. I suspect that it'll all be filled eventually. It looks like area between Amethera and Calypso probably has a lot of water. It would be very cool, eventually, if they make a water continent type of thing... Boats, sharks, even a few mermaids and mermen and their kindom of mutants under the sea... and of course, Pirates!

Rippers have owned the seas for too long...

10. And if you look at the entire map I think there will be alot more expanding aswell as Amethera ....there is soo much room when you scroll all the way out there could be multiple continents in the future.

11. CycoKick

CycoKick Notorius cK

Itll expand, Shame they dont show the whole continent anymore like they used to..

12. Dalida

Dalida Third Circle

It will expand.

But to be honest, that map is not worked too well. Its like a 2 year old played. They put both islands in the same map but it's just copy/paste.

Don't like it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.