Wiki Updated - Mobs

Discussion in 'EntropiaPlanets Wiki' started by Bernz, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

OH and ...

... I'm about to make a site for *materials* though that one is a :curse:and will take me long time to finish up

2. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

I added all the icons to the skill table, but I'm still missing some, because I simply don't have those skills (the red crosses). So if anyone can email me a screenshot showing those icons, that would be great.

email = entropia-at-deurloo-dot-net

I prefer the skill icon to be the big icon in your skill screen, look at pic to see what I mean.

[​IMG]

3. RAZER

Was wondering if you guys could use this in the wiki:

== text ==

this makes some sort of chapter and you can edit only that piece of the page. It makes things a bit more easy to edit and you don't have to scroll through all those tables to get to the spot you wanna be. I think I'll add them to the pages I edit, just for my own convenience and I just thought maybe you guys would wanna try it to.

Look here for an example:

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/Ambulimax

• Like Like x 1
  4. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Great tip :) Thanks for that.

5. aH. It's easy as == that == ?

Did not know. Did not try or search for it enough I guess.
    Thanx for the tip. I will remember.

6. RAZER

yep easy as == that ==

== this == makes a paragraph
    === this === makes a sub paragraph

it shows up in the content list like this

1 content
    2 more content
    2.1 even more content
    2.2 more
    3 last one

7. Table of contents will show up only if you have at least 4 paragraphs, or include _TOC_ to force it to show up
    (or was it __TOC__ ?)

8. RAZER

OK didn't knew that, leaned something today :)
    thanx.

9. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

I added some more base tables. Item durability, which can be reference from all item pages, and skill/professional ranks.

Not entriely sure how to group these yet, but we'll figure something out.

Also, seeing we now are pulling in lists of expiring auction items, I'm going to see if I can look into having pages with their names created automatically. They obviously exist in the universe, and I'll try and see tomorrow if I am able to write a small script that we can run on a nightly basis which will poke around the wiki database and see if an article with the itemname exists yet.

Should be pretty useful if that would work, and would save everyone lots of time creating new pages.

10. Make a list with "missing items" and let users create the pages when they click on those empty links - no need to have pages when there is nothing on it to be displayed, or do you want to use a fixed template to init them, like... let's say "TT value, durability, yada yada..." ?

11. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

The latter would be ideal. Just no clue how to do that, and perhaps impossible, due to the great variety in items.

Perhaps your suggestion of a list would work well :)

12. Just INSERT page_name=<mynewitem>, page_content=<pagetemplate in wiki code as shown in the editor> doesn't work? The template could be already filled with the TT value (auction value/amount - well, at least for stackables, amount > 1)...

Care to PM me the results of a "SHOW COLUMNS" from the wiki table(s)?

13. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Hang on. Item templates already exist? That's new to me :)

But yes, for stackables, the tt would be possible to calculate. Other items not, but then we'll have to add that manually. I'll manage the SQL query (I'm pretty fluent in SQL, though mySQL does need a bit of a translation from the MS flavour of SQL I'm most comfortable with), but in the meantime, if you're interested, here's a link to the wiki datamodel.

14. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

I finally got around to add a link back to entropiaplanets.com. It's in your personal tools (the menu at the top-right), as the left-most option.

15. The "yet to write item template" ;)

For automated page creation see here

Edits & Creates are the same, so you might test this with a testpage first...

While it is intended to access/edit/create pages from outside of your server, you can try to modify the $_GET array and include the api.php - depends a bit on how the POST data are read, $HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA could be changed, reading the xml structure from php://input will force you to do it the way it was meant to be made: via http.

16. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

I updated the page for Aetherex, and in the process made some minor changes.

I move the headers for the tables above, and used sectioning as earlier described by RAZER in order to make paragraphs out of them.

Added a button to the editor, that allows you to directly embed a link from our own wiki into your article.

To see how it works, try previewing a post you make using the tag below. You can also find it as a button above the editor.

[noparse][/noparse]

17. I'd just like to point out that i have started to make the mob names INTERNAL links (in double square brackets) rather than external links(single square brackets, full wiki URL), this way it will show pages that don't exist yet in red - we should stick to this for all other pages,as it is the recommended syntax that lets the wiki notice when pages are missing and start the editor when you click on them

Syntax:

Internal link
    [[Boorum Male]]

External link (Path in red, display name in blue)
    [http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/Boorum_Male Boorum Male]

Please note that it is not neccessary for internal links to give a page name with spaces " " replaced by underscores "_", the wiki does that automatically for internal links.

18. I have changed the full hex colors in the table (i.e. #FFFFFF) to their short equivalents (#FFF) to lower the page size: i had trouble updating more than a couple of mobs at once, very likely due to page size, but not only for that reason...

As every cell has 2 color attributes (font & background) and like 15 cells per mob, this is a helluvalot of bytes saved.

I recommend the use of short colors wherever possible!

PM me if you have questions.

19. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

On the overall mob list, I removed all the colours after receiving a report that a user could not edit the page. This seemes to have helped in decreasing sizes dramatically.

RAZER has been busy adding pictures to the MOB entries, and I've been a busy bee putting in all the descriptions, name explanations, maturity and loot for most mobs up until those starting with a K.

I might do a few more later today, but will have a short break for the time being :)

Seeing I automated the process of collecting the data, there might be some inaccuracies. Feel free to correct them when you encounter them. I am aware my code is not running 100% accurately, but it sure as heck beats doing it manually, and this way, the foundation is at least there.

20. RAZER

added some more pics and even came across some mobs I had never seen before (TskTsk and Skipulor) this Wiki stuff is kinda fun. Maybe I can finally remember all the mobs names after this, so I only have to try to remember where I can find them all. I was on my way before VU10, but after that I got confused again.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.