Why don't other planets have events?

Discussion in 'General Entropia Universe Discussion' started by nexus7, Mar 19, 2013.

1. On a seemingly regular basis, other planets in EU for some reason do not have events, unless you count the odd 'spoof event' on Rocktropia during the festive season... So I've been wondering why is this? I considered the possibility that maybe it's because there are not as many AV owned LA's as there are on Calypso, but then you don't have to be on an AV owned LA to run or host an event, so that can't be the reason, so what is it? Is it because other planets have smaller player bases or what is the reason...

2. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Maybe not all of them got their event areas yet? Arkadia said in their release notes that they would get event areas last VU.

3. narfi

narfi Lost

A majority of the events on calypso are run by or sponsored by the land area owners.

The current event system is too expensive for an event coordinator to break even/profit through the system itself.

The exception to this being very high stakes events with huge prizes and ticket fees where the event creation cost becomes more negligible.

4. No I agree, they don't seem to have official designated event areas like on Calypso which is a bit odd as you'd think they would have, but I've seen many good areas as such where you could run events unofficially - so I've always wondered why players haven't tried doing this. My guess is that other PP's have smaller player bases which could be a factor.

5. Current LA owners on Calypso seem to have a bit of a monopoly on events - and I don't mean this in a negative sense - but it is one of the reasons I started this thread. I feel that it would be a good thing if other planets did have events or at least much more of them as this would even things up a bit - would bring other planets in EU more into the limelight...

I've never had anything to do with an official event through the event system but I take your word for it that it must be expensive. Maybe it would be an idea for ppl wanting to try events to run them unofficially; not through the event system and just using the in-game ad system for promotion...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.