Which planet would you like to direct?

Discussion in 'General Entropia Universe Discussion' started by Tass, Mar 12, 2012.

Which planet would you like to direct?

1. Theryon Wars

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Planet Toulan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Planet Cyrene

7.1%
  4. Planet Arkadia

7.1%
  5. Next Island

50.0%
  6. ROCKtropia

21.4%
  7. Planet Calypso

14.3%
  1. Tass

Tass Administrator

A little bit of an intellectual game.

Imagine you would have the chance to become Creative Director of one of the planets and you would be granted enough budget to develop the planet however you like within the framework provided by MindArk.

Which planet would you choose?

Maybe you even would like to tell us:
    - Why exactly that planet?
    - And what would you change?

2. Calin

Calin Due for an Ultra-Uber Loot.

I picked Rocktropia so I could get rid of all the silly stuff and then change the names of everything to not sound stupid.

The original concept sounded kinda cool to me, but the cool seems to have totally ended there.

3. narfi

narfi Lost

I have to say, I enjoy playing too much.
    The mystery of not knowing, the hoping and dreaming, the expectations and broken dreams, the planning and re-adjusting plans, trying to adjust to each change before it destroys me.

I almost didn't vote, but I chose Next Island.
    Taking over a directors position, ego would want you to be able to make the biggest and most drastic changes in a way to make yourself the 'hero.'
    I think this is most acheivable with Next Island in its current state. Although they are making progress lately, and I like the consistant updates they are doing, I really think that one of their main 'selling points' is Time Travel, and that is not being utilized at all.
    NI has the potential for a multitude of themed destinations which would be a lot of fun and draw a lot of different types of players together for a common goal.

I know the budget is tight, but you have to play big to win big. Hire, contract, buy, whatever it takes to get the mini-maps inplace for at least the originaly advertized time travel destinations. (amazon and ice age) (Greece is already there) Even if there are no missions and the mobs drop only a minimal loot table. (actually a minimal loot table would be better to start out)

Ice Age loot table.
    Low lvl mobs drop. Low to mid lvl limited weapons and armor that can be used there.
    Mid lvl mobs drop. Low to high lvl limited weapons and armor that can be used there.
    High lvl mobs drop. Med to High lvl limited weapons and armor that can be used there. Some UL versions of all lvls of armor and weapons in rarer loots.

Same for the Amazon. oils and hides can be included, but no new types of loot untill bps are ready for them.

This will allow for a self sustaining (if simple) economy for the full range of players to atleast visit for vacation and a reason to participate.

Once that is established, then introduce the manufacturing line (including needed loots)

Im sure there are holes in my ideas just like there are holes in what most of the PPs are doing, each is trying a different approach and its fun being on the players end trying to figure it all out and make the best of what appears to be issues and problems that arise from them.

narfi

4. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Wisker Fish

Since both RT and NI are spoken for, I would like to try my hand at space. I know it's not on the list but it is a "planet" in itself. :wink:

I am seeing a vast amount of oppertunities that can be realized there. Ships, astroids, wormholes, outposts, Robot take overs, mining, hunting, pirates, knights, and a plethora of other ideas that fall into the realm of what I listed. :thumbup:

Second choice, Caly.. :yay:

5. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

Well, if I had the choice I would probably not manage any of the planets but start one myself. I have a few cool ideas for a planet that could come to life if I indeed had the funding and the time.

• Like Like x 1
  6. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

I was going to list my ideas for each planet but decided against it.

The truth hurts and I don't think I want to say anything else apart from the truth (as I see it). The community and pp's just couldn't handle it...

• Like Like x 1
  7. I would choose Next Island and undue those Robots, bring back the monkeys, the island huts, get rid of the containers and make it back into what it started to be. I just saw the movie "Journey to the mysterious island" and I would add alot of what I saw in the movie. Creatures we think as big become small and visa versa. Tropical ruins. Maybe concentrate more on the items and bps before missions and quests. Also would have had more of those before bringing on Ancient Greece. And also make sure there is more communication with players :)

Hire the ppl responsible for creating the Island to start with and if that includes ND then ban him from branding anything :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Wisker Fish

LOL :woohoo:

9. I went for Planet Calypso as it was the first and so is a test-bed for the whole of Entropia. If I was Creative Director, I would open-up manufacturing by allowing original equipment/item design as well as (not instead of) just repeating existing designs. This would also include estates.
    Creature/creature and creature/avatar interaction would be more realistic. There wouldn't be non-PvP areas and PvP areas. Instead there would be policed areas and non-policed areas... There wouldn't be 'forced' quests or missions. Instead there would be other professions that you could do as well as the current one's. NPC's such as auctioneers, technicians and others would be changed to terminals. That's basically it...

10. Tass

Tass Administrator

The result of the poll is a little surprising so far, isn't it?

I chose Next Island too. I think it is the planet with the most potential for 2 reasons:

1. Theoretically it has an intrigueing story and setting that unfortunately doesn't really unfold in game yet. NI could have 100s of story-driven missions and little challenges making it more adventurous than the other planets. It could be really outstanding (and also attract more of the "power casuals" (lol) they actually want to address).

2. Time travel. I think that's the most underrated feature in game. The option to travel to another location with a completely different setting incl. creatures, items, vehicles, etc. Just imagine you cannot take your skills with you, that would be perfect. Each time travel location could be a mini MMORPG itself. Unfortunately this feature is utilized very little.

I'm sure Meg could get NI on track. Looks like they are lacking the resources (money, but where did it go?).

11. Well maybe there is more money on the way. David posted this yesterday

btw admin, I didn't get a notification of updates to this thread.

12. Tass

Tass Administrator

Mh... selling what? Debts?

Loosing control to an "investment group" doesn't sound great, either.

Well, gl Next Island, you need it.

13. Yeah was still confused myself. I thought he was the one who owed it but he says he never owned it, so why is he the one going after more funding?

14. Theres only one planet for me. ROCKtropia could be such a good planet if nthey stopped and paid attention to what playe say what they want.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.