Where is the love?

Discussion in 'About EntropiaPlanets' started by IluvBread, Mar 30, 2010.

1. I wrote like a 5 page essay about "Why are there so little people using the tracker"
    But I deleted it and figured I'll just make a "too long didn't read" version out of it.

Basically, you use the forum, why not use the tracker as well?

2. narfi

narfi Lost

What tracker? What Forum?
    I use both forums and use both tracker clients while playing.

narfi

3. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

Not sure what you mean either Luv :)
    Our tracker is fairly new and so is the forum. After releasing the tracker, more people joined and indeed they are using the tracker. We can also see, that a lot of people are 'keeping' track on the tracker site. We actually find the amount of people tracking and watching the tracker is quite good when knowing how young it is :)

But indeed, more people using it is definitely a goal. And with the new features ... I'm sure we reach it :D

4. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Last time I checked, we had 23 people running the client. Like Lykke said, with the upcoming next release of the tracker we expect there to be much more.

We still have some trouble with the data tables at this moment, due to a bug in our algorythm, but a new mechanism has already been planned, and we will reload all data when it is finished. All data tracked by the clients is available, so the reload will expose all data as it should have been exposed, and more reliable than now (where we run fixes afterwards to try and remove duplicates due to the MA servers not being properly synched, and thus different servers sending mixed data).

In the meantime, I'll just keep building some of the front-end functionality in preparation so it can be tested and possible errors solved. Also, feel free to PM me with suggestions for features you would like to see in the tracker. I'll then toss them up for discussion in our technical group.

5. Oh fuck this world then! :(
    All I've ever seen has been maximum 8 people using the tracker.
    A few nights ago I even saw 2 and 0, so I forced a socmate to join and I logged in just to get the tracker number to 2.

Arggh, how could I have missed the high numbers and only seen the low ;_;

6. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

Ah, you meant simultaniously. We have 23 total people tracking, but indeed, more coverage is always nice. When the next version is released, we are fairly certain more people will use the client, as we're adding functionality that would be useful to pretty much any Entropia player.

7. It's 24 total clients by now - but yes, we expect this number to increase shortly, after all, the current tracker version does not even offer additional functionality yet, like auto-screenshots - this will change. A lot.

:nunchucks:

8. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

This SO reminds me of ...

9. : DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    That song is the best :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.