What Is Your Opinion

Discussion in 'General Entropia Universe Discussion' started by Bunny, Apr 26, 2008.

Tags:
  1. hmmm,

Itto mentioned the amount of deposits... and I read Una's post afterwards.
    So I have to say that I deposited a lot more than Una (if Una is telling us the truth, which I belive he did) but I never, never and never had such HoFs like Una.
    And for I'm a regular depositer (because I see EU as a hobby, and for a hobby you spend money from time to time) I think I had it more than twice that I deposited and a few days after there was a big convention or other MA support act.

2. My thoughts are :
    I had alot of theories in the past , for me all , except one goes wrong.
    From my experience wrong is :
    - more deposit more loot : as for me the returns (allways in % of tt value for easier compare) didnt differ much regardless if i deposit 10$ or 400$ a day. Only your chance of getting something is higher if you are more active with the fatter pedcard.
    - You should hunt the right mob at the right time : This is more the effect than the reason. If you get good returns than you think you hunt the right mob at the right time at the right place. If the returns are bad you are not hunting the right mob at the right time at the right place ;)
    - You have to use the right gear : same as mob/location/time thingy. Sure if you burn more peds through your equipment the return is higher (in value not percentage)
    - loot comes in waves : yes i think there are waves which are adding to your base return
    - loot is skillbased : imho the biggest myth. For me it looks like that the return goes down with higher skills.

What i think atm :
    You get at least a specific percentage of your input back (base return) and this percentage is different for avatars. I think the base value of this is generated at your birth and didnt change alot. Different values for different professions. I´m not sure if the single avatar has a influence on this value . Also this percentage is changing on general changes (MA turns the knob)
    This is the reason (in my opinion) why you hear from always the same ppl who can make profit on any profession. You will see (in my vanity) that some names appearing day by day in the HOF list (magically the same who declaring profit and bitching the ones who are not lucky as whiners), some of them are proud to tell that they never deposited or have done some low in the beginning. That is a simple psychologic trick for both sides; the lucky ones cannot imagine that the return can be different than that of themself, and will always fight to tell the ones who are unlucky that they do something wrong or get arrogant and call for stop whining. The unlucky remains in the illusion that better returns must be possible for them. If you rethink it longer the conclusion is always that its not possible for all to profit , not near to get even!
    Also you can see over a timeframe that there are some of the same names coming and going and reappearing weeks or month later again to hide some times later for a specific time. This are for sure not the choosen ones , because it would be not logical why they didnt continue to spamm the HOF list all the time.

All in all things have changed alot in the past 3 years at least for me and will change in the future.

• Like Like x 5
  3. @Stratos: for sure one of the biggest factors in all "loot discussions" are psychological
    after all PE is a game and filled with gablers of all kind.
    And a common criteria for all gamblers, no matter what game, is that when they loose they whine and complains; when they win they forget all about the losses.

Let me rephrase a few things from my earlier post:

By deposits\comittment to the game, I dont mena only using your CC to pour in some $, what i meant is when you invest your $ futher into the game like buying appartments or other valuable items. We know that MA keeps track of that from the different "christmas gifts" and such bonus items (the deeper into the game, the more gifts).

By skills differencing the loot; I didnt just refer to the hunting skills for hunters och crafting skills for crafters. The skill been mentioned here, Perception & Serpenity are two of them. There is also the Agility skill that is a complete mystery and cant be chipped out! We also know from earlier that MA have confirmed "hidden skills" that dosen't show.

So Stratos I think you half of the truth in your "random number at birth theory"
    MA have confirmed that Avatars as unique from birth and in combination with some hidden skills (and maybe some visible) that would generate a dynamic checksum that is your "random number" when hitting the loot table (mentioned earlier in this thread)

I love this kind of threds :D

4. I love this kind of threads, too :D:D
    However loot is distributed, I like this game!
    As I mentioned before, for me it is a hobby, not the only one of course. Others are modding cars or spend their spare time (- and money) in other ways.
    With this setting in my mind I drove good with Eu the last years. I had my ups and downs in the game, but who dosen't? EU provides a lot more than the "possibility" of earning money. A nice community (yes, this goes out to all of you:yahoo:), every time you play you can experience something new. And of course the mysteries about loot and other stuff.

It's only Rock'n roll but I like it
    :housejumpin:

5. Bunny

Bunny Vampire Bunny Inc.

Great opinions and comments. Thanks to all that have responded, and thanks also for NOT turning this into a whining thread. I hope to hear from a few more of you on this. Thanks again. :D :tumbleweed: :D

6. Kets

Kets Cranky Old EuC Reporter

Like Stratos, I have spent more on deposits than Una, and yet he far out-HOF's and OUT globals me as well. I did notice that just after I deposit (or so it seems to me and based on the 'What do you look like?' thread my decisions and observations may be questionable to say the least) that I tend to get more globals in both hunting and mining.

7. Kets

Like Stratos, I have spent more on deposits than Una, and yet he far out-HOF's and OUT globals me as well. I did notice that just after I deposit (or so it seems to me and based on the 'What do you look like?' thread my decisions and observations may be questionable to say the least) that I tend to get more globals in both hunting and mining. Maybe

8. Kets

Like Stratos, I have spent more on deposits than Una, and yet he far out-HOF's and OUT globals me as well. I did notice that just after I deposit (or so it seems to me and based on the 'What do you look like?' thread my decisions and observations may be questionable to say the least) that I tend to get more globals in both hunting and mining. Maybe MA feels bad and throws a bone to satisfy the player.

9. Have to say I have not noticed an increase in loot after depositing, there was a time when buying clothes seemed to generate globals but I suspect this was coincidence.

Matching weapons to skills, well the only time I tried this was with a Kesmek Slo, when I got it I was getting the SIB by the time I had burnt it out I was not getting the SIB, whilst I had it I had the worst loot I have ever experienced.

I am now thinking of getting Vass or a Blix, not sure at the moment but I will be able to test this again.

10. I can agree with this, and alot of the 'info' could be in the EU client on one's machine:D - that every now and then, MA downloads updates for. I wonder what they change exactly, appart from the scenery an AV attributes?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.