What happened at this time

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by nexus7, Dec 9, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Just a bit of trivia here...
    Look at the time now. Make a note of the corresponding year.
    Example 00:35 = 35 AD; 01:00 = 100 AD; 09:50 = 950 AD; 15:45 = 1545 AD and so on.
    Enter 'what happened in year '9999' into a search engine and look at some of the results.
    Then post-up the time/year on this thread plus any events, etc, for that year. Just three or so will do. That's basically it.

I'll start. The time was 16:05 when I looked, so year 1605. In 1605 there was The Gunpowder Plot by Guy Fawkes, Pope Leo XI and Pope Paul V became the 232nd and 233rd pope respectively and there was the Battle of Kircholm.

2. 1955 (I looked at my local time, MA+2) was the year McDonald's, Scrabble and Guinness Book of Records were born. Albert Einstein died and Winston Churchill resigned (for the last time).

3. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

20:25
    • The FAA will have been implementing a new system of GPS called NextGen that will be fully functional by this year
    • Possible Chinese manned mission to the Moon
    • Masdar City is expected to be completed

4. EwoK

EwoK Southern Fortress Engineering

This really got my attention. Love the idea......and the irony of it being built in one of the Gulf states.

5. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

well the Gulf states realize that their oil will be gone in a few decades, so they have to think of something

6. This made me realize that anything between 20:13 and 24:00 doesn't really work unless it's BC. But nice find Razer :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.