What do we get?

Discussion in 'Next Island' started by Fox, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Fox

Fox

Hey there!

It is now less then 13 days until we have the possibility to go to NextIsland.

So... What can we expect, dear knowing staff?
    What will be working? Are there TTs yet and will it have the same stuff as on Calypso and RT? Or would it be better to take enough stuff with us for some days?
    Is there a working storage system? Will there be a working TP system?

I know, you don't want to tell us about the "exciting thingies"... But PLEASE, what should we know, if we plan to test your tropical islands and resorts?

As a miner I need to know, if I can or can not store my ores and EnMatters somewhere on your planet before going there. Or if I have to take many bombs and probes with me. Or if I should NOT, because the ores and EnMatter are introduced later.
    In contrary to RockTropia we don't know what to expect. David said, it will be like an Open Beta. But could you give us PLEASE some infos, so we can actually test it? And tell it others? Wouldn't be good, if just the landscape and the buildings are there, but no terminals. That would disappoint many visitors. If we know some details, we could tell it others, so no one would be surprised, if the TP network isn't operational the first week or so.

Thanks in advance for the (hopefully) coming infos! :D

2. Great points! If I travel there and find out stuff isn't workiing and have to travel back to get them thats going to leave a very bitter taste in my mouth. And I see no point in not letting us know.

3. Starting to get a bitter taste already, seems the communication is going to be lacking here as well :(

4. Had a bitter taste of NI from the get go but yeah this doesn't help =/

5. Enzo

Enzo Next Island Manager

We are trying our very best to get everything needed into NI on open day. It also depends on what MindArk can get programed and ready in time..

6. Fox

Fox

That is NOT an answer, Enzo.
    Are you a politician? [​IMG]

7. Yeah we have already had delays, its now 8 days from opening day and no one can say that all things will be working? Come on.:brick::angry: (I knew those icons would come in handy) :mad:

8. Yeah what Softhart said:angry::palm::brick:

9. narfi

narfi Lost

Call me a realist or a pessimist, but I would assume that not everything will be working on the very first day. They aren't advertizing it to the public untill january, but are letting us in to "test" stuff out earlier if we want. To me that means that they hope to have everything ready by january and that anyone wanting to jump in earlier is able to and will likely be able to give feedback on early improvents etc..

maybe I don't have a clue though :P

guess we will know in a week or two,

narfi

10. I can accept if things aren't all working perfectly and letting us test. But come on at least let us know........a little communication goes a long way :)

11. Enzo

Enzo Next Island Manager

Like I said before we will only know what is working and not working then NI is open next week. It all depends on what the programmers manager to get coded and stuff before they have to hit the submit button for the planet to open on time. Now I am not all to sure what you mean by working. I mean of course there will be hunting, crafting, mining. We will have to wait and see come next week. But as Narfi said, this is only a soft opening.

12. /bitch mode on
    As some pictures have been posted today showing (meg some assume) shows her out hunting. So there are people in testing/playing. So there is no reason to say whether or not things are working! As to what your not sure what is meant by working see the OP. All that was asked was if the TP's worked and storage. I am sure we can all agree that of course there will probably be bugs, not everything can be tested for every system. But the OP wasn't asking for all that much.
    /bitch mode off

13. Enzo

Enzo Next Island Manager

TPs, Terminals, Storage, and Auction will be functional. As all were on the ROCK when it opened this year. The basics of this planet will work when open.

And those pictures that Meg has been posting are from the Test Client.

14. Thank you, that wasn't that hard :D

:cheer:

Lets try something a bit harder :)

I read that they are doing a Live showing in LA at 5pm on the 10th............are they going to let us in before that showing ?

15. Fox

Fox

Thanks, Enzo. Now THAT was an answer! :clap:

Was it really that hard? ;)

16. hello admin :)

on the first version of the website there was a ealy registration page.
    if you did that you should get a TP ticket and get a time travel crystal.
    do we still get that?

17. Fox

Fox

Err... Timelight, MAYBE we can get it, when NextIsland goes official next year! But not now. ;)

18. next year? :O

19. Fox

Fox

Yes. Next friday NextIsland will go online, but in an Open Beta. The official start is the third week of January after the CES in Las Vegas.

If you read in this forum, you should have seen David Posts post:

So, yes, for the official start you have to wait 7 weeks. ;)

20. Enzo

Enzo Next Island Manager

What Fox said ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.