We're all losers in the end.

Discussion in 'The Black Hole' started by Bizarrick, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Bizarrick

Bizarrick Otherwise Engaged

Revenge is bittersweet...

I saw an Athenian Tunic selling at 5 PEDs with a buyout of 130 PEDs.
    I bid on it and thought, because of it's cool texturing, that I might be easily outbid so, I decided to contact the tailor and ask whether she could make one for me in exchange of PEDs and services.

She outright said no because tailoring and texturing Athenian Tunics costed more than it was worth. That specific tunic costed her 120 PEDs and the highest bid at the time was a mere 16 PEDs.

I knew I was going to be outbid, but I wanted to make sure I had a small chance in the last few minutes. A bidding war ensued and I had to give in at 30 PEDs (yes, I'm a poor fashionista).

Next day, oh the irony, the winning bidder was auctioning at 20 PEDs with a buyout of, yeah, 30 PEDs. Obviously, he didn't even like it nor did he appreciate the actual cost of the garment. I bid, believing myself doomed to be outbid again.

Next day, oh joy, I won the bid! But, I was dismayed to find out I had no pants to wear with that Tunic (they can be tucked in and used as tanktops). Well, at least I wouldn't look out of place at the Zeus Club in SL. Not that I would know anything about that... :whistle:

[​IMG]

So... yeah... we all lose.

2. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

How is it that you lost when you bought an item below cost price? saving yourself 110 peds is loosing? :headscratch:

3. Bizarrick

Bizarrick Otherwise Engaged

We've lost a would-be enthusiastic tailor who lost quite a hefty amount of PEDs (not her only Tunic in auction).
    I did not only lose my first bid but have a restricted use of a perfectly good Tunic.

It's not all about money, George.
    It's about irony. Can't you taste it? It's dripping all over! X-D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.