Wednesday the entire staff of Next Island was let go.

Discussion in 'Next Island' started by OZtwo, Jul 17, 2012.

1. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

Seems like Meg reacted on her own post and that makes me believe it is indeed true.

It is mentioned at the NI forum as well, with no reaction of course.

2. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

Have send Meg a little message.
    I would not tell much if I was her, but a little info on the matter whould be nice. Lets wait and see.

3. Not a good sign:cry2:

4. So sad :cry1: is the new additional funding all gone again, I thought NI finally got the money they need to fully develop this beautiful planet. Hope Meg can get a nice new job soon :cheer:

5. Tass

Tass Administrator

Really sad. Thank you NI staff for trying to make the planet work.

Many of us have been afraid of NI failing for quite some time.

I hope the ones really responsible for that mess will get their asses kicked.

Not sure whether that is good or bad news...

6. It may not be that the money's gone, but that the new backers want to bring in their own staff, though it does seem a drastic way to go about it. Without more official comment we will just have to wait and see.

7. Quote from PCF :cry2::cry1::cry2::cry1:

Edit:This quote is outdated

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  8. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

That quote from David was posted on his Facebook a few weeks ago. I have been in touch with NI CGO, and as soon as there's any news to report, you guys will be the first to know.

• Like Like x 1
  9. any new news on this?:cheer:

10. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Nothing official yet, no.

11. Thank god this "one of a dozen Far Cry themed planets" is gone.

But most important...will I keep my chameleon colorator and the NIB pistol with 60m range ? If not, we got a problem fothermucker ! :'D

12. No one said it was gone. :rolleyes (2):

• Like Like x 2
  13. Forget where to find another quote that Mindark said before, if any PP left then Mindark will take over the ownership of the planet like they did on Calypso (SEE)

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  14. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Hmmm this is a shame... I really liked Next island. So far the prettiest planet and the nicest looking items come out too. I was enjoying the missions too and the more light hearted feel it had. I was hoping it would be able to maintain its slow focused gradual development and was feeling it would be a place I would regularly keep going back to as new story/missions were added.

Still, fingers crossed it can be saved.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Ya right, all the axes and swords :)

So, can you still travel to NI or not ?

16. https://twitter.com/davidpost quote from David Post's twitter
    Seems like NI team got fired because of David Post with no money to keep a team to develop NI anymore. Maybe NI will stay as it is now until David Post finally find a new buyer or won the lottery. :cry1: Kind of weird tho, entire team fired NI CGO still reply a thread in July 27th in NI forum.

17. EwoK

EwoK Southern Fortress Engineering

I thought this guy was supposed to be a multi-millionaire? why doesn't he just hire his own staff to do the job?

18. You see this one a few lines down?!? :)

19. I don't get it. But I see this is like finding investors as well. Care to explain more if I'm wrong?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.