VU 14.3 Creature Issues

Discussion in 'Entropia News' started by EntropiaPlanets, Sep 26, 2013.

How should information like this be handled?

1. Information like this should be made available in a place like the Client Loader.

15 vote(s)
    93.8%
  2. It's ok to post information like this somewhere in a long thread on one forum.

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. VU14.3 Feffoid Physical Model.jpg
    "This is what the phys proxy of the Feffoid looks like right now, there are some obvious gaps where you will miss if you shoot. Most creatures have similar errors, some better but most a lot worse. We are in the process of fixing these as fast as we can." - Kim|Calypso

Attached Files:

2. Why is one box red?

3. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

So, doesn't look like I've missed much of anything then, yes? :dunno:

4. EwoK

EwoK Southern Fortress Engineering

Thats the sweet spot...you shoot it there you get an instant HoF :sneaky:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. If they keep this hitboxes ...maybe sweat will go up... I see that is almost impossible to sweat some creatures. If creature moves arm/leg or bow to hit and your target does not go with the hitboxes you lose concentration because of No target. . You need 100% target body to sweat/damage !

6. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Female Feffox at that time of the month? :dunno:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Wisker Fish

I see, so aim for the nuts! :speechless:

8. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

I love that the first "behind the scenes" development screen shot posted in a decade is done so on the sly. Amusingly I think its the same creature too.

9. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Honestly why is this stuff kept so damn secretive. Would it kill them to do a development post along the lines of:

"So we've had a problem with the shot detection system for a while in that the model of detection we use is based on ..... and therefore we often find the problems of.... and .... and sometimes .... To solve this our new system was to do .... which I think you will agree should have created a much better experience. Unfortunately ... happened resulting in .... This was because .... which happened because .... We will be fixing it by ... which should result in .... as soon as possible. We thank you for your patience and understanding"

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Unfortunately all we got was the "resulting in" picture out of that lot. A step in the right direction but a little context goes a very long way.

11. Yes, you missed being in there and experiencing the crap! Isn't it great?! :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

Like I said ... good on me. :biggrin:

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. LOL! MA are a disaster they can't even get all the boxes the same colour. Looks like something from lego land.

14. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Here's a small animation showing a MA bug fixer in action:

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

MA Bug fixer addresses a minor bug:

[​IMG]

16. And the possibilities are:
    1. Ram raid gone wrong
    2. Overworked and fell asleep at the wheel
    3. Instructional video on how to demolish a warehouse in a few seconds

17. A real mind bender

18. Tass

Tass Administrator

"Updated" doesn't necessarily mean "fixed"... Actually "updated" could even mean it's worse than before.

So the question is: Are the release notes ambiguous or are there still issues?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. narfi

narfi Lost

I have just been hunting Ambu, and for them they are as easy as before the big vu issues, however I am still having some issues with crashing, and I beleive that some mobs are still more difficult with the new hitboxes.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.