VR...

Discussion in 'General Entropia Universe Discussion' started by mastermesh, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Just turn, go away and don't forget it ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Haha it became a verb :D I'm spending too much time McCormicking these days :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

4. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Has anyone tried a VR park? i.e. a place where you can walk around in a big space in VR with a group of friends. You all wear backpacks with computer gear on. They are pretty good fun I've been a few times.

5. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Not yet. But I expanded my VR-space at least from 1,5 to 5,0 sqm last year by moving from my small cabin to our dinner room ;-)

I think that ACTVR's solution, theProphet mentioned, could become a good alternative. My friend just tried to check out the main stringer of our Do X-project with his Oculus Quest. Finally his house was to small and he would be in need to go outside on the road in front of his house to inspect this 23 meters long part. Here is a picture with a pinup:
    upload_2021-3-9_1-29-22.png
    There is still a problem with the hight. Climbing upward or even use stairs will be difficult to simulate. I know this from inspecting our whole project: the Lady is nearly 10 meters tall. Passenger deck at the hight of 2,1 meters and crew deck at 4,1 meters:
    upload_2021-3-9_1-51-32.png
    You may have a look at her either on a flat screen or in VR:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wKPDzpksqJLc8vRN_b5oMvD8BTfQ4Mnz/view?usp=sharing
    You'll need the free "SimLab VR Viewer" to do this:
    https://www.simlab-soft.com/technologies/simlab-showroom.aspx?locale=en
    In desktop mode you can hit "M" for menu and choose "Flying Mode". In VR you can teleport to passenger deck and crew deck or even upon the wings.
    I used this ability to check out the works of 30 students who work at the bulkheads this year. It was really helpful to be able to inspect their works in 1:1 in VR.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

I am still impressed by Bethesdas move of "Skyrim SE" to VR. It is possible. So what ...?

7. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Looking like a very impressive model! Simlab VR viewer looks interesting... but it sounds like it only works with their own 3d creation software and I'm kinda Fusion 360 married now. Can stuff be converted? It might be fun to view massive versions of my creations for a laugh haha. I remember A while a go I tried using unity to create something in VR. I made a room with a giant picture of grumpy cat on the wall haha it was quite intimidating!!

8. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

It is just a viewer. To make such VR prensentations you'll need SimLab Composer VR. Costs a few hundred bucks. There you can import several native data formats like Rhino or SolidWorks. But you can export your data from Fusion as STL, OBJ, FBX or several other formats and import them into Composer. Composer itself is not really good for building scenes. It just prepairs scenes from other programs for VR.

9. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

eeh sounds like effort. I've been meaning to get VR set back up again some time. Thinking of trying to prioritise this week as there have been 7 station attacks and I really want to try flying into a flamey station in VR. Think that could be seriously awesome to experience! (or possibly rather vomitous as previous flamey stations have seen me quite frequently get hit by large floating debris)

10. I've been loving the quest 2 except for the Facebook shenanigans

11. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Well, I have to admit that I don't understand what your writing means. My translation service doesn't help much :-(
    But my offer to you is to prepare some of your Fusion 360-models with SimLab Composer for using them with a VR headset. You could upload them to my NAS and I would make vrpackages from it. If you are interested in just send me a PM.

Yesterday I bought a 3D model of a Caterpillar D11R - one of the biggest bulldozers worldwide. I imported it to SimLab Composer immediately. Thats really crazy!
    upload_2021-3-18_2-35-39.png
    Screenshot with my favorite Pinup
    I plan to make a model kit in 1:10 or 1:25 and print it for real life. But it is very impressive to stand in VR in front of this giant machine.
    I own a 1:50 die cast model since years. It is so small but its weight is more than 1 kg ;-)
    upload_2021-3-18_3-1-25.png
    At least I was able to inspect the model at 1:10 in VR:
    upload_2021-3-18_3-53-57.png
    Such an option is really helpful.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.