Virtuverse

Discussion in 'Other games and gaming' started by BruuD, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Last night I inspected the first 20% of my final picture archive. A few thousand pictures. Many screenshots from Project Entropia. "Holy crap!" I thought. "What a bad quality of graphics!"

Frankly spoken: I will never return to this game or clones of it. I saw so many better things meanwhile ... for free or for a one time payment below 100 €. I enjoyed breathtaking stories and incredible pictures in 4K, really wide worlds and VR-experiances. Meanwhile I am able to run my own projects in VR. Either erotic things or architectural and mechanical issues.

Once I wished MA would develop the "Howling Mine" to the center of their universe. It had so much potential: smugglers, drugs, night clubs, tuners for vehicles and weapons, pirates, illegal materials and components, illegal PvP arenas, betting shops, luxury apartments, tattoo studios, dance bars. Kinda mix of Blade Runner, Serenity and Star Wars IV. Alas ... they missed the chance. As usual. Reason enough for me to quit finally.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

I've still not been there. But then again, I only got as far as "starting" even on Arcadia and, other than that, I've only been to CND (original), Monria, Rocktropia, Caly and Next Island. Cyrene and, the mine, the Arc moon and Toulan remain total mysteries to me.

If only pressing left still moved you left... instead of some random direction - then I might still go.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Yupp! Add Virt-A-Mate and improve it. That would be the point I would have a closer look. ;-)

5. Not sure if Virtuverse were having a dig at EU there with the RCE element not being a game in itself but yes, the money elements in EU were at first it’s lure but ultimately its downfall (for all kinds of reasons that I’m sure you know and I can’t be bothered to list/repeat them).

So, if alpha and beta are playable for free I think I’d like a little look.

6. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

I don't think they are having a dig. From what I've seen they are handling all the Entropia related questions with great professionalism and are (understandably) repeating some very fair and reasonable answers. I think they believe that while Entropia were the first to try something, it doesn't have to end with them and their way. There is no reason why everyone can't have a go any more than there would be a reason why we couldn't have more than just mario games as a platformer for example.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tass

Tass Administrator

Any update on this?

8. Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 2
  9. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Please don't delete them

10. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

11. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

12. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

What for should I keep them? Most of them are just screenshots of globals and HOFs. The important pictures were archived in extra libraries already. LOL! Thousands of globals of ~53 PED (mostly Atrox up to Stalker) and in the end "globals" of 15 PED from slightly smaller mobs. ***roll eyes***

And I'm pretty sure, this new VirtuVerse won't be better. Vice versa: it just starts ...

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  13. [​IMG]
    for an alpha it sure looks good. (With my survial Energy sniper, too many Vs in virtuverse already I guess). I am pretty sure I am not supposed to be able to climb these mountains either.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Tass

Tass Administrator

Cool!

Any other first impressions anyone?

15. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Anything landscapey or that captures something that isn't in entropia any more should be kept. But sure "messy" pictures with hofs and what not chuck em.

Although I did like some of... was it... unionova's blog that had old loot pics in... back when loot was items and ped rather than stackables.

16. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

I probably have access but TBH I've not really got my life back in order since returning from Singapore. I'll take a look though in October hopefully.

• Like Like x 1
  17. In a moment of weakness I tried to register for Virtuverse but kept getting error messages so gave up (probably a good thing).

Next I resolved to finally log into EU and try to remap the controls.

However after updating with all the latest updates the client loader spools and doesn’t launch the game.

Again probably a good thing.

• Hussked Hussked x 1

18. Exactly.

When I learned one thing about these clones, that showed up now and then, always promising the land of milk and honey (or in some cases, never showed up) you will always expect to play Entropia...or something even better...and you and me fell for it.
    The better one must arrive one day ! ;D

Enjoy the similarities for some time...but you will get bored and dissapointed...and best thing is, you are even prepared and are actually fully aware of it. Yet you install it, hoping to find (something better then) Entropia...again and again and again.

The future was here already. In 2004. It was epic. FUMA ! ^^

• Like Like x 1
    • Hussked Hussked x 1
  19. Yes Mc and that’s what we each signed up for, wasted time and money on and for most of the 15 years since then, certainly since VU 10, have been consistently screwed over by greedy, incompetent people.

I managed to log in to EU today, move around a bit, even managed to fire a gun!

Was frustrated that I couldn’t use my mouse as before.

Experimented further, my avatar control was completely lost again as I found my virtual self dancing in various camera positions as I struggled in vain to get back into first-person mode.

No doubt this is, in no small part, due to my lack of patience in reading up on the new controls system and maybe MindArk will invite me to Gothenburg all expenses paid to show me how to adapt the controls.

At the very least I’m certain they will have made a high quality, in depth YouTube video with their tech people going through exactly how to remap the controls such that the playing experience was as close as possible to before it was changed.

But I can’t be bothered to look for it because, of course, the game isn’t worth the trouble.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Even after a remap and several patches, I still find myself spinning in circles constantly or finding forward moves me left of backward. 1st person is unplayable because my armour/gun keeps buzzing into view and wobbling about jerkily constantly. In 3rd person still no ability to aim head to look in a certain direction then move camera to view avatar (head returns to default pos).

Control still a fucking mess let's be honest.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.