ROCKtropia: Virtual World War - 40 Acres & A Mule

Discussion in 'Entropia News' started by GeorgeSkywalker, Nov 9, 2011.

1. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Virtual World War - 40 Acres & A Mule

What follows is an article recently prepared for publication at an unspecified date. With the recent news on Calypso Land Lot Deeds the contents of this article are a little less of a mystery as it would seem Rocktropia will have some kind of Land Lot deeds given away as prizes for some in game mission. For those who have not managed to get a Land Deed in the current auction madness and mayhem this may be another opportunity to grab a piece of virtual land. Needless to say in future other planet partners may have similar offerings. Perhaps soon we will all be farmers...​
    ~9/11/2011​

virtual world war.jpg

Regular Rocktropians would find the above picture very familiar and have seen it posted many different places but what does it mean?

What follows is my own outlook on the poster. As such it's nothing official and my theories and ideas may be completely incorrect.

When I first looked at the poster I immediately thought of a Land Area as a prize. Ker ching my eyes saw dollar signs and I was mesmerized. Then it occured to me they can't give a land area to everyone wouldn't make any sense.

So I stopped thinking about it. Hoping someone sooner or later would post on a forum what it's all about. Sadly after many months nothing has materialised. So I started thinking about it again. I recalled when I first visited Rocktropia there was some npc that mentioned something about winning a war but my memory is hazy. I tried <***** rated classified ***>, so no surprises there.

After visiting various npc's for missions I was unable to find the reference. My conclusion it may have been referenced as part of a mission that I've allready completed.

My current theories are the poster may be linked to the Zombie mission chain, National Guard mission chain or even the Prison mission chain.The most likely candidate being the National Guard mission chain. This mission chain starts here:

At an npc hidden around the corner from an obvious tp. BAMF Headquarters tp located here:
    national guard.jpg
    (ex prisoners may recognise some of the items on the table)

One of the conditions to start this mission chain is that you should have no other active mission. There may be other conditions like the requirement to have completed the zombie mission chain beforehand. Perhaps someone else can confirm other requirements.

Apart from mission chains what else could it be? To my mind it may be reference to an upcoming feature like dungeon instances which may be used on Rocktropia for a merry mayhem style competition with similar prizes, actual Land Areas. Speaking of prizes, the prize may even refer to a dungeon instance of a farm. Where you have your own virtual property as a dungeon instance. This I have to admit seems outlandish.

Whatever the poster refers to I have to admit it has me intrigued and I for one am looking forward to this mystery eventually being solved. Possibly sooner rather than later.

What are your theories on it? Do we have any detectives willing to unfathom the mysteries of Rocktropia?

Update:
    After writing the article I asked NEVERDIE if he had any comments and low and behold I got an intresting reply. Holy moly are we in some deep ^^*$£% :-)

Here's the full quote:
    ~NEVERDIE 31/10/2011

Attached Files:

2. narfi

narfi Lost

Thanks George! I am curious about what this is about as well.
    It is fun seeing what unfolds with the seemingly scattered storyline, and will be interesting seeing how it starts tying together.

narfi

3. narfi

narfi Lost

Sorry double post due to crappy internet.

4. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

MA stated that the land area share thingy would only be available to PP's with sufficient members. It could be RT is close to/under the threshold. So get people to come to RT and maybe they can start allocating LA's?

A Theory

Wistrel

5. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

It's also possible they have met the criteria to launch this but have not got around to setting up the missions and finalising the details of how they would want to go about it. Gaining land lot deeds through missions would I suspect be only a small part and dependent on other systems arriving e.g. dungeon instances. The remaining shares may also be auctioned. We have to remember many players have started on RT but migrated to other planets. So RT may in fact have contributed a lot to bringing in new players which would work in their favour.

Given that the population of players on RT is in fact small due to their players migrating it probably is wise for them to hold on to launching this system. Once they have a fully functioning economy it may be a different story.

For the time being I know their national guard mission chain is either bugged or more likely not been completed because once I got to a particular stage the npc I am told to go to does not talk to me. I asked ND about this he gave the impression they had not completed setting up the missions from that stage rather than it being bugged.

6. Yes i am aware of the National Guard for some time. I also belive you run into a dead end while doing the mission. I have read some where recently about how some one suggested two years back about players becoming citizans and having passports for their home planet. Also mentioning if the planets having a war amoung each other. My be this has been in pipe work for some time. I also heard TODD menention some thing about a up comming zombie event at the recent prize event on Rocktropia. I my self am planning on doing free noob zombie hunts on monthly basis. This i hope will keep more players on ROCKtropia and help the communtiy grow. Althougth we both know with so many bugs (missions, shops, etc) and with another planet comming out soon its very hard to keep the communtiy growing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.