Virtual property ebay?

Discussion in 'Other games and gaming' started by Phunkygeeza, Feb 15, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Interesting article found via slashdot today:

On virtualeconomies.net

my :twocents:

Perhaps this will open the door to a fairer currency exhcange system. Currently gamemasters have a monopoly on the exchange of currrency in and out of their economies.

This is hardly unfair - most countries do this too.
    It's hard to see however how it is possible to prevent in-trading of currency and it offers a useful ability for those with a large in-game bank to trade it to RL currency without the charges, and in MA's case the loooooooooooooong wait.

Ultimately of course competition is good all round. MA offer the cash card as an alternative to a basic withdrawal. Personally I found the charges on this RL account disproportionate to those available on the high street - I'm unsure how this compares in other countries. Perhaps this kind of service will push them toward an easier and cheaper alternative?

2. i think MA should make it easier to withdrawl money from EU cause they advertise it like it is the easiest thing todo but from what i hear it isn't

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.