Virtual Embassy inside of "Project Entropia" (2006)

Discussion in 'General Entropia Universe Discussion' started by McCormick, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Maybe some of you missed the fact, that the Maledives created a virtual Embassy inside of 2nd Life, followed by sweden.

Ole Vaisberg (from company "X", a subsidiary of the Swedish Ministry of Foreign Affairs) once planned to create a Virtual Embassy inside of "Project Entropia"...I thought I would add this for historical reasons...lol.

Together with the Dotman / China stuff that never happened, more crazy stuff can be found.

Mindark even used the original concept text files (Odysseus Probes) to impress china back then...

http://www.crd.gov.cn/ozxing/
    (use waybackmachine)

embassy.jpg

Embassy in the virtual world

Sweden officials said on the 26th that Sweden will set up an embassy in a three-dimensional virtual community that simulates the real world. This virtual embassy also has a three-dimensional effect, but it does not issue a visa. The head of the Swedish Institute, Ole Vaisberg, said: "We plan to establish an embassy in PE, mainly as a door to Sweden (provided externally) information." The Swedish Institute is a subsidiary of the Swedish Ministry of Foreign Affairs The main responsibility is to increase people’s understanding of Sweden around the world.

People in the virtual Swedish embassy cannot apply for passports and visas from there, but they can understand the procedures for applying these documents in the real world, and they can also obtain various information about Sweden like they do from a real embassy.

Sweden may be the first country in the real world to formally establish a virtual embassy in a virtual community.

"The Entropia project is not just an online game. As gamers, as a "citizen" of the virtual community, they can operate a three-dimensional virtual courtyard, interact with people and engage in "economic activities." Some real-world companies have settled down, including sportswear manufacturers and car manufacturers, where they have opened online stores. In addition, there are also some “residents” who call themselves “ambassadors”

embassy 2 2nd life.jpg

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

That's actually a kinda fun idea. I didn't know about that one though, must have passed me by. I remember the X-fire building and the planned CRD thing and those silly round buildings at the spaceport... probably more daftness I missed.

Was there a zoo (of mob statues) at one point?

3. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Yes, there was a museum of mobs, with a few mobs inside it

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.