Vehicles .... or not?

Discussion in 'The Black Hole' started by Lykke TheNun, Jun 22, 2010.

1. John BD

John BD Subwoofers rock.

hey you 2, get a hummer and play in there :naughty: :rofl:

2. MistressArwen

MistressArwen Smile, makes someones day

Even if you pay me 100K peds to get in one I wont do it :)
    Well, my mom got a car, dont ask me how, and she took me for a short spin in PA. TBH I didnt like it and dont think its realy that cool a thing. Pretty much overrated boys-toys.

But if FPC impliments anything like this:

i will personally jump at the chance to buy one no matter what they may cost:) No obstacles in the air to collide with when races are held using a virtual GPS system to map out the course.

I submitted a suggestion via the FPC support department regarding estetics on Calypso and space age society vehicles. I know whatyouall might say, like speakin to a inanimate dead budha statue. I suppose, but perhaps better than doin nothing at all.

3. Anyone else then me who cant go to Twin to use the traders since the cars arrived? 9/10 times I crash while there, lucky if I can get the trade done first.
    If any traders read this please change place as I'm sure you would get more business done without the lag...

And also PA and the camp, everywhere it's vehicles I seem to get major problems. SO please the car owners can you keep away from the starter areas, dont need more beginners quiet just because they cant run the game :/

And I never crash otherwise, sure usually get the red warning in twins but that just gets ignored by me and nothing happens. And true my PC isn't top of the line but I think it would be more then enough to run this game on medium/high settings while I normally run on high/v.high (and I bought it this year, wonder how people with a year older pc can handle it if it wasn't top of the line when it was new...)

On Topic: when Marco said on EF that there would be craftable and lootable vehicles I thought he ment hunting loot ofc, so out I went to hunt trox/ambu right after the VU to try and get a discovery, instead of being forced to beg beg beg for it. But seems it was ment as crafting loot as Frank said after the release in some post :(

4. MistressArwen

The other day I stood in twins spamming chat a bit asking the cardrivers to leave cos of ruining twins. I was ridiculed and laughed at by many of the immamture kids with cars and some said they were afraid of mobs causing decay on their new rides. I said there is a very big planet and wide open spaces to drive your cars. A lot that helped :(
    Now if we had flying antigrav cars in the air all over the planet this problem would be solved completelly dont yaall think?

Crafting: Try crafting simple stuff like filters and springs, I got me a BP soon after doing exactly that. If you want it, I will hand it to you for free if u want, its a (L) bp btw:)

• Like Like x 1
  5. MistressArwen

2010-06-25 21:37 :bowdown: Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,
    Thank you for taking the time to submit your suggestions. We really appreciate this kind of feedback and have forwarded your comments to the responsible team.
    We are unable to say whether or not your suggestions will be implemented, but please stay tuned to the News section and Version Update Content Lists on the website.
    Kind regards,
    Entropia Universe Support:thumbup:

:beerchug::openmouth::woohoo:

6. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

Sorry Mistress :) That is SO copy-past reply ... But I sure hope they will look at it!

7. MistressArwen

For a moment try and immagine the possibilities in crafting various components and stuff relating to Antigravity Fly-Cars with Map built-in H.U.D. embedded in the windshield and beautifull view of calypso from a unique new angle, whilst on autopilot programable GPS system. Thrilling new experience as a whole implimentation and I am sure feasable.

Also less congestion of vehicles of various types at certain places. Estetically correct feature to the air-scape surroundings of a high-tech advanced and modern Colonized society evolved over millenia.

For example those uge platforms at Fort Ithaca, could be used as Parking with a built in lift system to the ground level. Foir/entrance exibitting statues, Atrox-art, perhaps a guide-greeting point. Nice.

Immagine the movies bambuco can make. Just a thought lol. I realy believe this as a full feature in EU would trully proppel the game in many ways.

Also attached to support-case, exept for the Bambuco bit.:coffee:

8. MistressArwen

2010-06-28 14:07 - Entropia Universe Support:

Hi Arwen,
    Thank you for taking the time to submit your suggestions! Feedback from participants is always appreciated. We will forward your suggestions to our design team for evaluation.
    Kind regards,
    Entropia Universe Support

9. Lykke TheNun

aww you got one of those "rare" replies .... :thumbup:

10. MistressArwen

Realy? That rare?:dunno:

LOL Would be kinda funny when after the next VU we have antigrav cars that can land on the Fort Ithaca platforms. i shall be seriously impressed for one ;) And no more of those outdated farcry 2 humvees poluting our surroundings and Universe.

The view would be just amazing. Like star Wars, Blade Runner and The 5Th Element. LOL Bruce Willis the cab driver, love that cab not to mention sexy Bruceee:)

Immagine Antigrav Taxi-cabs giving peops tours for peds. Nice!

11. Lykke TheNun

I was being kind of sarcastic actually :D

Anyway, they ARE able to write personal replies! I've seen that yesterday on the very nice support reply I got concerning the auction mistake ^^

12. MistressArwen

And? is this an example or not? Or are you being sarcastic due to it being another secondhand cut&paste job?:dunno:

13. khaos

khaos DnB'addict

I think some things will change with the new support system ;)

14. Lykke TheNun

It already seems like it. Mine was signed with a REAL person (Leslie) and not just 'Support' :)

15. Corrianna Trina Xenophage

Corrianna Trina Xenophage Trained "Psycho&a mp; amp;quot;trop i

Leave vehicles for other new planets. EU is to friggin small for them.

The few vehicles around now already cause too many problems.

Cant trade in Twin because many players systems are not good enough and trades fail due to stress vehicles put on the Radioshack servers MA leases.

Everytime you try to do one of the waypoint based missions some dickweed with a car runs thru the herd you are navigating thru agroing every mob and dumping them all on the walking players since cars are too fast and Mob AI is totaly hosed.

The cars themselves lack creativity not to mention nerfs to avatars to accomodate vehicles.. Agi nerf anyone?

I do think vehicles are a good concept. just not for EU story line. Throwing vehicles in after the destruction of Calypso when the population has never recovered and that far to many old world things are STILL not back yet. I am pretty sure civilization would first look to rebuild basic things necessary for life long before adding resource sucking things like vehicles. Putting cars in EU is like someone putting a high speed bullet train on an island.

• Like Like x 1
  16. John BD

John BD Subwoofers rock.

i luv ehm but rather seen gliders and jetpack style vehicles it just dosnt make sense to have a car in your backpack while walking around.

17. MistressArwen

AWell, Need I stress the need for antigrav cars even more? It doesnt mean MA should remove the roadcars. Let the lower to middle class players use them. But antigrav cars like in Sci-fi Movies like Blade runner etc. now thatll be cool. Mabe expensive but way cool and fits the EU theme perfectly. Let the super ubah rich gamers land on the Ithaca platforms with their fly caRS. I would probably get me a antigrav car and just run a taxi service with it lol. feel like Bruce Willis in 5th element.:D

18. Lykke TheNun

Bah, I tried a vehicle and it is so incredible fun I allowed myself to get one too :D

ROCKtropia seems to be the perfect place to have a vehicle. Up there there's plenty of space and kilometer long roads (the roads are great and reminds me so much about the US). Even in the cities, like New Harlem, there's places made especially for making vehicle race! The old subway area has been open for vehicles so you can race under ground and it's totally cool!!

19. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

I'm on board with having vehicles ... and just to put it into another frame-work with regard to storyline ... (playing Devil's Advocate) ...

Perhaps after the devastation that Calypso experienced, introducing vehicles was a way to give colonists an easier method for getting around to get to places that are being rebuilt.

I also see it as a way for those with vehicles to help others accomplish way points that might not be achievable without enduring a treacherous terrain ... even though I'm all for exploration on foot ... (in role-play mode).

However ... I do agree that Twin seems to be suffering from far too many vehicles that detract from the enjoyment of it being a gathering hub for trade and other activities. People try to interact in the environment in the best way they can with the equipment they're using (everyone doesn't have a top-notch rig), and maybe more consideration should be given in this respect. :dunno:

Over all ... I'm really happy about the vehicles, and I have already had hours and hours of fun with them. I think we needed something like this to up the fun factor ... it can't always be just about hunting, mining, and crafting.

I've experienced some adrenaline-pumping, heart-palpitating, intense experiences in a vehicle ... and that was all while teaching The Nun about the mechanics of vehicle operation. :D

I like the roads of ROCKTropia too ... they make it easy to maneuver, except for the big-ass mobs and street walkers that get in the way now and then, but ... I also plan on exploring possibilities on Calypso as well.

I say it's a good thing ... and I can't wait for the spacecraft and boats. :yay:

20. Well I believe they really should take their time and optimize the game.
    PE has always been low optimized but seriously.. Adding a few extra models to a town really shouldn't have any impact, but it does.
    Why?
    My guess is bad coding.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.