Using scope on grass areas = unplayable ?

Discussion in 'General Entropia Universe Discussion' started by McCormick, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Id call my PC powerfull enough to play any current game.
    (i7 Quad Core, GTX 670, 6gb RAM)

The overall gameplay of Entropia (very high) is smooth.

What I experienced is, that large grass areas (in Entropia) affect video performance beyond fun. And if I use my scope...it becomes close to unplayable.

Am I alone with this feature ?

2. Grass has always been a fps killer in EU since VU10 for me, you're not alone.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Wasnt there an option in one of the *.inf files to disable grass ?

I mean, in "Safe Mode" there is no grass either and it has been a great help locating mobs around you :)

And I know MA wouldnt like me for editing the inf files ;)

4. I've always had some issues with dense grass areas - tends to confuse my gfx card so that things get a bit blurred or fuzzy esp' in areas with very long grass.

5. But it's not as bad as when I started in 2006 when my AV was a bit short as there was nothing in the AV setup to gauge the height by. I wasn't much taller than the length of a malber plasma annihilator so could barely see above the taller grass areas and I looked a bit funny when I was firing up at say an allophyl.

6. Hehe, but you dont know about an *.ini file of todays Entropia maybe ? ;)

I remember someone wrote about it once...Etopia ? I know it was against the EULA...but hell, it is unplayable...

7. I don't even know what an *.ini file is ;) I'll google it...

I found this - .INI files are plain-text files that contain configuration information. These files are used by Windows and Windows-based applications to save information about your preferences and operating environment. "INI" stands for initialization.

8. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

I think it used to be possible to change some cryengine settings in the vu10 release. There was a guy who did a "mod" and put on youtube where he improved a lot of stuff like detail levels and extent of shadows so we don't get the weird holes we often see.

Then MA started mushing all files together I think so not so many options for editing. I still have the old install though in case anyone wants to poke around. It used to be possible to pull out models and things from it I think. Someone posted some screen shots of them in sandbox before the game went live iirc.

As for grass. I've found some issues in certain areas but other areas are perfectly fine! Sometimes the "bad" areas are not even that detailed. Zychion was bad... I can only assume it has something to do with how they imported the models.

9. I always thought that items in different areas were imported differently as well. Around Fort Argus for instance you have lots of variations in terrain and I never have any probs there, but in another zone like the grass areas near Chuggs Hideout I get a lot of lag. Maybe there's more blades of grass per virtual square metre or something...:dunno:

• Informative Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.