Unread posts, but none there?

Discussion in 'About EU Chronicle' started by Erach, May 30, 2008.

Tags:
  1. I'm currently seeing:
    Welcome, Erach.
    8 Unread Posts since your last visit.
    But when I click the link I see:
    Sorry, there are no new threads to view.
    What's going on here? Are there posts in bits of the forum I can't see? soc forums maybe?

On a related note, I often see the box in the bar say no unread posts, but the box in the middle of the homepage saying there are some. But a search shows none. Odd.

Erach.

• Like Like x 8
  2. Maybe that is an effect of the new canley event kill reporting section.
    But not sure :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 5
  3. I suspect you are correct, there are currently 9 posts in that forum.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Bunny

Bunny Vampire Bunny Inc.

When our fantastic moderators ban people and delete their threads the numbers you are talking about still show their post as unread even though they are no longer there, and sometimes it is just plain wrong hehehe. :D

• Like Like x 7
  5. Phoenix

Phoenix Esquire

That box is actually the one to tell the truth. I've noticed that quite some time now. A good way to remove the middle box's wrong count after seeing all posts is to "Mark Forums Read" using the appropriate link. :)

EDIT: I just noticed that the upper box also shows wrong value... uh oh! Phunkstaaaa!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2008
    • Like Like x 4
  6. I think Bunny's hit the nail on the head here - it's just often wrong LOL

The home page one does come from a different piece of code than the bar one - the bar one should be the correct one as that comes from vBulletin's main code.

I guess the canley Kill posts are confusing the hell out of it LOL. Poor EuC.

• Like Like x 6
  7. I know I have unread posts but I don't even have the writing to say. I have:
    Welcome,Tigeress.
    You last visited: Today@

Where is the link to my unread posts:confused::bawling:

8. Currently I am using the link on the Home page next to my avatar picture to do that, hope that helps :).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.