Planet Cyrene: Unofficial Teaser Video

Discussion in 'Planet Cyrene' started by Ed 3 - Cyrene, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Hello everyone, here is a link to an unofficial teaser video of the game I quickly made. It's a very short set of clips but you will get a sense of what we have been working on. This is on my personal Youtube page since the official trailer will be posted on the Planet Cyrene Youtube page. Marry Christmas!

• Like Like x 9
  2. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

Love it Ed ... thanks for giving the community a teaser! :thumbsup:

Just in case people haven't figured out the link (because links don't automatically show up), you have to click on the word "here" in order to get to the video. Perhaps Peter can do something about this to make it easier to spot links.

Catch up with you soon Ed. :smile:

3. Well as if I wasnt ALREADY intreged by MS9's writings which I am very much that makes me want to be ready to depart for Cyrene as soon as it launches and I will be ready looking forward to launch date

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

Looks great :)

Nice x-mas 'present', Ed thank you! And happy holiday and new year to you, your family and the C-Team!!

I love the movie credits too :ninja:

5. Thanks for the teaser and thumbs up. Can't wait to see the official 'extended' version :D

6. Bizarrick

Bizarrick Otherwise Engaged

Cool! ^_^

7. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

Pretty cool Ed, thanx !!

8. Tass

Tass Administrator

First moving images of Cyrene! Thank you for a nice Christmas present!

Taking notes...

- Zelodoth Alpha
    - Janus looks big
    - Mature Rhino Beetle
    - Q1 2012 (most accurate timeframe we got so far)
    - Mature Horned Bird
    - Plains Skyshatter Robot (flamethrower roasted?)
    - Big Jellyworm? (hard to read)
    - Fenris Regulator

9. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

Indeed Tass I think it is Big Jellyworm, got the screenies already on my computer, but I will wait with posting them here so people will need to watch the movie first :)

That Rhino Beetle looks pretty cool and L6 so not to hard either for a Mature one.

Needed to laugh when I saw the last bit to Ed, credits I mean
    "Edited by: a computer"
    "Written by: HAL" (I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that)

Probably a little typo: Arc Soilder Turrelion Smuggler, and did we see that thing in the video?

Oh and Ed those dead lifts on that other video hurt my back just by looking at them :)

10. First thank you for the warm responses, very kind of you all. It makes me want to share more. I must say again this is just something I quickly put together and that the official video is done by a real pro named Mr. Rod and it will be much more detailed/pro, followed by an extensive ad campaign and marketing. Hal (my computer) and I can just only do so much = )

What I was not able to show (yet) are our new gameplay systems as well as all the great custom interactions we have made with the existing systems provided. As time gets closer and closer, Mindark has been revealing new and revised systems. These are the systems that we needed to launch and get Cyrene where we wanted it to be at launch. EU as a platform will become more amazing for all Planet Partners as we pick and choose what systems we decide to focus on (thereby separating the planets even more but keep within the same platform). Exciting times are ahead!

As for Tas, The video is short but the name of the Jellyworm is Bile Jellyworm.

On a side note, I must say that being an unofficial video and all, names are subject to change and the levels of the creatures do not reflect the final levels that will be in place (this was just on the test server to check out the behaviors). As for the credits they are indeed just made up and I filled in the fields on the Mac iMovie template. Although Kris Altergott did help...a little...well not much... OK he picked me up late at night at work and and called me a few names (it all helps out though I am sure).

This video was made for all the fans who have been keeping up with Cyrene (as I promised to keep you informed along the way with sneak peeks and behind the scenes previews) along with my friends and family so they can see what I have been up too. It is definitely not meant for the general public, so hope this cleared up anything I might have made confusing.

Happy Holidays everyone!

11. MindStar9

Thank you for taking the time to respond Ed, it's really appreciated, because I know how extremely busy you and the C-Team are right now. Your update gives a more indepth understanding of not only what took place with the mini-teaser video, but addresses the question asked (elsewhere) about having a marketing and ad campaign in place at launch.

I also enjoyed the humorous part of your post ... poor Kris ... I'll have to catch up with him on Skype to get the REAL details of just what happened during the process of video production. :biggrin:

My excitement with Cyrene continues to grow, and I'm anxious to experience the game play systems that are being focused on - because vicariously living and having adventures on the planet through writing and info you have shared with me is going to get old :tongueout: - well, not really, but I have a meeting with the Senator once we go live, so I have plans, ok? :sneaky:

Can't wait to also get busy in game with events and activities, so hopefully time will pass quickly. :yay:

12. WoW i love this teaser the mob and landscape are cool, bad thing is no new vehicles included in this teaser
    I"m looking forward to it :D

13. how has nobody else mentioned that it says Q1 2012?!!!!1111
    That means the next 3 months? As super cool as all the mobs where that's the most exciting part of the video to me.

14. MindStar9

:biggrin: ... that's about all I can give ya! Oh ya, and this too! :yay:

15. Will be fun to explore Cyrene when it launch :)

16. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

@Ed this reminds me of a saying , "No good deed goes unpunished"

17. @George not sure what you mean.

18. @George lol, No no, I know what the saying means, I am just wondering why anyone is going to get punished :android_borg: (this emoticon is placed here on the grounds that I really like it).

• Like Like x 1
  19. Tass

Tass Administrator

Wikifying them?

About to set up a Cyrene gallery page.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.