Two Steps Away From Death's Door . . .

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by MindStar9, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Glad to have all the help the TS channel is going to be a big help thanks again :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. woot count down is on for more then just Cyrene! Next week is a big week :) lots of things to distract and laughter does wonders! Sending lotsa feel awesome vibes your way!!! The MSR Party Central room looks great... oh the laughs that will go on in there :rofl: Looking forward to it. Big hugs from Calli!

• Like Like x 1
  3. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

Yes, laughter is definitely medicinal, and we can use all we can get. :biggrin:

Thanks for the awesome vibes ... those travel through the universe rather quickly ya know ... and if they move fast enough, the receiver will instantly go into PoGo mode upon impact. :yay:

I like the "MSR Party Central" TS server too, and the banner that Syer made for us. There's going to be total chaos in more than the PvP ring. :tongueout:

Big Hugz backatcha Mz MSR Party Girl. :hug:

4. TimUnleashed

TimUnleashed Southern Fortress Engineering

What an incredible story this has been.

Congrats MS9, and thank you for sharing the journey with us all. I'm so glad you're on the other side of the hill now and all fired up.

There's so much woot to be had now!

• Like Like x 1
  5. MindStar9

Thanks Tim, and yup ... the WOOT is not in short supply for sure, and there's going to be some special WOOT going on this Friday. :biggrin:

6. Huge congratulations on all your progress MS9, its inspiring to see you coping so well :-)

• Like Like x 2
  7. MindStar9

Thank you very much Pirx, but when you have such support from family and friends as I do, as well as an awesome medical team, then it makes it a lot easier. :thumbsup:

I think escaping death's door had something to do with it too :wink: ... an experience like that makes one quite grateful, not to mention feeling blessed.

I think it adds a whole lotta magic to the spirit as well, because there's nowhere else to go but up and better. :biggrin:

Oh, and being excited that Cyrene is on the horizon was a plus too! :yay:

8. MindStar9

NEW UPDATE

Just a quickie note that I had a visit with my primary doctor on Wednesday where they drew blood to run a gazillion tests again, and I'm hoping to get the results soon with regard to where my levels are all sitting now.

I also saw my GYN/Oncologist Surgeon on Thursday for the first follow-up after my surgery in January, as well as completing the radiation treatments. She received all of the reports while I was going through the treatments, and the awesome news is ... that we'll never have to deal with this again, because it's totally gone. :thumbsup:

However, in circumstances like this, I need to have a follow-up exam every 3 months for 2 years I think, and then every 6 months for 3 years, and then once a year after that. I don't care, as long as I have nothing else to deal with. Although, my pitbull primary doctor is still going to have me go through other normal/routine exams that I haven't had yet, so not quite looking forward to those. I'm her miracle patient, and she wants to keep it that way.:tongueout:

Hope everyone is doing well in their own life cycles. :smile:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Wisker Fish

:clap::thumbup::woohoo::yay::hug:

10. narfi

narfi Lost

• Like Like x 1
  11. MindStar9

I could be wrong, but I think I see a trend happening here! :biggrin:

A rolling stone gathers like-mindedness?

A ripple effect?

Am I liking this? :yay:

• Like Like x 1
  12. TimUnleashed

TimUnleashed Southern Fortress Engineering

WOOT. Damn woot.

• Like Like x 2
  13. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

Did not react to your last couple posts, but I was there supporting you of course. Very happy to hear that you beat that green laser machine and are now happy and healthy again (well you have always been happy it seems even in not so fun times).

The check ups, well they are needed for a while, but if that's the only thing you have to do to stay healthy then I'm sure that's not a problem.

Anyway, keep us posted with the future stuff and checkups.

oh, and say HI to your mom from me :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. MindStar9

Yes RAZER, you've been with me all along, whether here, on Skype, or in the game, so thank you very much Hon, it's appreciate. :hug:

Keeping a positive attitude and a good sense of humor has always been my way of coping with less than optimum experiences, besides ... humor in and of itself is quite medicinal and helps the bad stuff go down a bit better.

The 3-month checkups for now is all I have, and that's no thing at all. I enjoy seeing my surgeon because she's so awesome. The same with my pitbull primary doctor who's keeping a close eye on me ... love her immensely. It's nice to have people looking out for you.

Mom is finally heading back home the end of this month after being here since January 10th to be with me while I went through everything. She only missed 2 of the radiation treatments, so we had plenty of time to share. It's been wonderful having her here for sure.

I had to laugh when Mom talked to you for the first time on Skype ... when I told her your name was RAZER, she said ... "he must be sharp then" xxxlaugh.gif ... she just turned 87 on April 26th and still sharp as a tack, witty, and crazy funny at times. She's been the best Mom our whole lives, and while tomorrow is Mother's Day, we celebrate her every day. :thumbsup: She says hello back RAZER. :hug:

I say thanks to everyone's friendship and support, it's meant a lot, because it's been quite the trip, but then you didn't know that it's been a year since this all started, so I'm just happy I came through it ok and I'm here to appreciate what's next.

I now have the MSR Jukebox to jazz up. :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Wisker Fish

This is just the beginning!! :dancinggirls:

• Like Like x 1
  16. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

:dancinggirls:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Wisker Fish

:afro: :jump::tiphat::biggrin:

18. MindStar9

:biggrin: ... lots of emotes gone wild in this thread lately, gotta love it. :thumbsup:

Well, I finally got my test results back today, and I'm quite happy overall:
    • hemoglobin level is now at 12.5 and my doc is ecstatic
    • my cholesterol is only at 141, which is perfect
    • everything else came out in the normal zone, which is great, except ...
    • my sugar level is a little high and we have to work on that
    For the next 30 days, I have to consume a high protein, low-carb diet and continue with my exercising to see if we can knock down the sugar level. I'm not diabetic, but I'm on the course toward it if I don't get it under control, so my focus is definitely going to be following the doc's orders and turn this around.

Means I'll be on my treadmill more, and my shopping is going to take on a different strategy, but I'm ok with it. After everything I've been through, I've been on track to get back full health and I'm not stopping now.

However some of my energy will be used to send good vibes to my sister-in-law who's in the hospital and prepped for surgery early in the morning to remove a tumor on her brain. It seems the car accident she and my niece were in a while back where a guy rear-ended them while they were stopped at a red light caused some testing to be done and they found it.

Mom is with her because she's not leaving to go back home until May 27th (I think), and of course, I'll be there for her to, the same she was there for me. That's what family and friends do, be the best support they can in time of need.

Which is why I want to take a moment to once again thank all of you who traveled this journey with me thus far, because it really helped to be able to share and write about it, no matter how silly I got at times, but that's my mask.

I hope this finds all of you well and enjoying yourself in our universe ... it's definitely a special universe ... it's where I found all of you. :hug:

19. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Wisker Fish

:beerchug: :cheer::thumbup::yay::hug::grouphug::biggrin:

20. MindStar9

GOOD NEWS ... my sister-in-law came through her surgery just fine and there's no cancer, so that's a real blessing. She was in surgery from 7:30am to 3pm (my time of course), a VERY long time, but then surgeries like this are rather delicate.

I have since discovered that certain of my own side-effects are not completely gone yet, so I have to back off the fiber for a little while longer, but now I'm on more of a high-protein, low-carb diet, so that changes everything anyway.

It's all good, because the end result is better health all the way around. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the continued smilies ... sometimes they speak louder than words! :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.