Entropia News: Triton Industries Shares

Discussion in 'Entropia News' started by EP-Newsbot, Dec 1, 2023.

1. Invest in Triton Industries – the Sand King's Realm

A new listed company is coming to Entropia Exchange: Triton Industries, the owners of Triton Island - the home of the Sand King! Triton Industries shares will be available starting Tuesday, December 5, 2023, at 12:00 UTC!

Buy Triton Industries shares via the Entropia Exchange (accessed by right-clicking on the PED card), which allows participants to acquire shares in virtual companies and receive revenue in the form of dividends from estates or land controlled by those companies.

Details about the Shares

Price

• Starting price per share: 15 PED
    • Total shares: 500,000

The shares will be listed in two batches. Batch one of 250,000 shares will be listed on the exchange at 12:00 UTC on December 5, and the second batch of 250,000 shares will be listed twelve hours later at 00:00 UTC.

For the first day, each share in the batches will be offered at a rate of 15 PED. Every other day the pricing for the two share batches will progressively decrease by 1 PED until reaching the minimum value of 10 PED. It's worth noting that these reductions will occur at different times throughout the day, so remain attentive to seize the optimal pricing opportunities.

Revenue

Revenue is generated from activity on the 64 square kilometer area of Triton Island. The revenue represents 50% of Planet Calypso’s planet partner revenue for all activity on Triton Island.

Dividends are distributed on Mondays at 00:00 UTC. The minimum dividend payout is 1 PEC per share. If the payout per share is less than 1 PEC, the amount is carried over to the following week’s dividend until the minimum 1 PEC criteria is met.

Tradability

Triton Industries shares will become tradable between avatars in the Version Update currently scheduled for mid-Q1 2024 (approximately three months from initial availability) or when all have been sold.

[​IMG]
    Triton Industries and Triton Island

Triton Industries are subcontractors of Omegaton Industries and own all rights of ore prospecting and hunting on Triton Island. Triton Island is a popular destination on Planet Calypso.

You can access Triton Island by teleporting to Jameson's Reach or Naval Station Triton. The Oasis is located in the middle of the desert landscape, populated by the creature class Rextelum. The Rextelum was previously thought to be extinct before Governor Jameson's expedition found a healthy population located on the Island. This creature class is currently the largest arthropod known to science, and it is speculated that its sheer size keeps it safe from other aerial predators on the island. Colonists frequently visit Triton Island to challenge the largest Rextelum creature, “The Sand King”.

Inhabitants on Triton Island

• Rextelum
    • Sabakuma
    • Aetherex
    • Allophyl
    • Tantardion
    • Tantillion
    • Cersumon
    • Atrox
    • Trilomite
    [​IMG]

Seize the opportunity to invest in Triton Industries Shares today and earn dividends!

Source

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

1PED says more or less nothing sells till the 10ped day.

It's a shame that MA didn't offer to run it all the way down to 1PED... that might have been interesting, i.e. allow the investors to assign their own value to it. As it is, all the indications are on PCF that players think this is an annoying joke, conjured up with almost zero effort/time spent, simply to attract some more deposits in an attempt to combat the falling share prices of MA. And of course there's no option to dump them when the reality of the "investment" is revealed. At least for some months. Certainly bugger all chance they will all sell, any more than AG shares ever fully sold.

Tempted to buy one for the comedy, on the other hand, 10 ped of ammo might be a better "investment".

I really wish MA would stop calving up the CLD's share of the pie. Surely to this point the revenue from the island would have contributed to the CLD payouts? It somewhat sucks that MA keep taking out areas of the planet, especially areas where there are big ticket mobs that likely generate the big Benjamins, and trying to re-sell them and thus devaluing the CLDs.

"I'm altering the deal pray I do not alter it further"

Wistrel

edit: I should be fair and say I assume the NTI was never covered under CLD and presumably was owned by Deathifier. That it got transferred back to MA and they sliced it up for sale seemed fair game... Chunking up an pre existing part of the game that should have already come under the banner of CLD's though is damn dirty in my view. "We giveth... and we doth taketh away"

3. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

As I understand it these sales do not impact CLDT as the funds paid to "shareholders" comes from MAs share of income.

4. San

San

Where do you see evidence of that? I've searched in the official statements but may have overlooked it. It is however among the questions causing most antagonism on PCF, so others are also not seeing it.

5. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

I'm not sure so I may be wrong. The fact that this question I think was asked on pcf but I don't think answered is concerning.

There is this they said on announcement:
    "Revenue is generated from activity on the 64 square kilometer area of Triton Island. The revenue represents 50% of Planet Calypso’s planet partner revenue for all activity on Triton Island."

in this thread:
    https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/index.php?threads/triton-industries-shares.297427/

Which to me suggests it's coming from the 50% side of Planet Calypso revenue which is MA revenue. The other 50% is CLDT revenue. They could have been more clear about it though and directly stated its coming from MA revenue.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

There seems to be some speculation that this might be the case now on PCF... but I'm not sure if this is true or just wishful thinking on some players' part...

"The revenue represents 50% of Planet Calypso’s planet partner revenue for all activity on Triton Island."

A planet partner share isn't MA's share. It's the Planet Partner Share. Caly was owned by FPC then they folded and MA sold half the PP share to the players as CLD's IIRC? So CLD represents 25% total revenue of Caly.

Guessing PP share might mean it comes from the other 25% i.e. the bit that pays (MA) for the upkeep and development of Calypso.

Would it really kill them to draw a frikkin pie chart to make this crystal?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.