Translation of the storyline

Discussion in 'Planet Arkadia' started by RAZER, Nov 27, 2010.

1. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

OK so for some reason I translated chapter 1.1 from English to Dutch today and send it to Cyrus so he might be able to use it.
    This of course is a bit of work, so I was wondering if this can't be a collaboration between all of us Dutch people here. If we work together it is not that much work and it might even be fun and help out getting more Dutch people to the game :)

I tried Google Translate at first, but that kinda sucks for large pieces like this, so I decided do do it all by hand. Of course it is not just blindly translating, the story needs to be right to and of course the grammar.

In the next post you can see the Dutch translation.

Tell me if you are interested to join me in translating the rest and if you seen anything wrong with my translation.

• Like Like x 1
  2. RAZER

Chapter 1.1

3. khaos

khaos DnB'addict

Looking nice!
    If I have any time soon (exams coming are coming soon..), I can help you with it ;)

4. RAZER

Dagboek van Milyon Lee

And the next chapter:

Seems Cyrus has noticed this thread to, so if anyone care to help me with this, you will be mentioned as the translator !

5. RAZER

Just let me know what chapter you are translating, so we don't do the same one.

6. khaos

khaos DnB'addict

I'll do 1.4 or 1.5, so we can keep the story going meanwhile.

7. RAZER

cool thanx

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks Razer and Khaos for the effort! Translation is definitely not an easy task. Much appreciated! =)

• Like Like x 1
  9. TimUnleashed

TimUnleashed Southern Fortress Engineering

RAZER and khaos, that is TOP stuff. Really, congratulations for getting stuck into it. I see this as an important part of building the awareness of Entropia worldwide, so good luck with getting a following for this.

10. RAZER

OK got another one. Chapter 1.5 this time. 1.3 and 1.4 will be done by Khaos.
    I just had one problem and that is the name of the chapter Converging Paths I have been looking all over the web for a good translation, but I can't seem to find any. So if any of you Dutchies out there have any idea please let me know.

[edit] think I got the translation for the title now to [edit/]

11. khaos

khaos DnB'addict

Part 1.4! ^^

12. RAZER

THANX !

Done a few tweaks and corrected some typo's. Will send it to Cyrus right away

13. khaos

khaos DnB'addict

Thanks ^^ for some reason, my spelling checker isn't working with dutch; that's how the typo's got in there :3

14. EwoK

EwoK Southern Fortress Engineering

Awesome work you two. Really top stuff ! :cool:

15. RAZER

what program are you using MS Word 2007?

16. khaos

khaos DnB'addict

2010 :)
    and the next part will be for this weekend ;)

17. RAZER

Cyrus has places 1.1 and 1.2 on the forum, he's waiting for 1.3 before he adds the rest of them. But no hurry, we are way ahead of the other languages ;)

Anyway, about the spell checker, I needed to download the Dutch checker for 2007, so maybe you need to do that to for 2010.

kijk even op deze site, staat uigelegd hoe je het moet doen, is voor de beta, maar denk dat het voor de final versie ook wel werkt.
    Tip: Nederlandse spellingscontrole voor Office 2010 beta Lucien Dantuma's Blog

18. RAZER

Cyrus has places 1.1 and 1.2 on the forum, he's waiting for 1.3 before he adds the rest of them. But no hurry, we are way ahead of the other languages ;)

Anyway, about the spell checker, I needed to download the Dutch checker for 2007, so maybe you need to do that to for 2010.

kijk even op deze site, staat uigelegd hoe je het moet doen, is voor de beta, maar denk dat het voor de final versie ook wel werkt.
    Tip: Nederlandse spellingscontrole voor Office 2010*beta � Lucien Dantuma's Blog

19. :D:

:D:

Hallo, didn't know you ppl spoke Dutch. :openmouth:
    I read parts of the translations and noticed quite a few bits that could do with some improvements.
    However, i can imagine the work put in to it already, for which i say: well done!
    If i find the time, i will do the improvements and suggest them here or through pm, or would a wiki be better so we can work on it together (draft > peer-approved) :? Now all i need is massive claims so i can do translations while drilling them up :).

20. RAZER

There are a few people around that speak Dutch. I'm from Holland and Khaos is from Belgium and even admin (Peter) is Dutch. There are more, but can't come up with any names right now :)

Yes some improvements could be made, some stuff is just not easy to translate and I had to twist some stuff around to get it to 'flow' right in Dutch, however 1.1 and 1.2 are on the Arkadia forum already so nothing much can be done about those. Maybe putting them in the wiki is not so bad, but we need a finished piece for Cyrus to post even if it might have some improvements in there. So feel free to point to some flaws in the translations so we can change them and also feel free to make any new translations as well for one of the missing chapters, but let us know before you start one so we don't do the work twice.

Khoas is doing 1.3 this weekend and I think I'll do 1.6, so feel free to do 1.7 if you like.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.