Tip Of The Day ~ Contest ~

Discussion in 'Guides and help' started by Lykke TheNun, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Chopper

Chopper Sanctuary

Globals happen very often when helping noobs with TP runs!

• Save up your loot until you can sell stacks of 100 PED TT to minimize the impact of the auction fee.
    • Keep tracks of average markup on ores/enmatters you loot to determine where it's worth mining

2. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

Wow look in the first post and see all these usefull awesome tips for newbies!

Reward sent to:

Nutrageti = 100 EPD
    Chopper = 100 EPD
    Wizzszz = 200 EPD

TY :yay:

3. Do not lend out gear you cannot afford to lose

Do not enter PVP if you cant handle being killed

If you are losing more than you can afford, take a break or rethink your gameplan

4. Chopper

Chopper Sanctuary

This one's not just for noobs

"I would rather have a bottle in front of me.. than a frontal lobotomy" :tiphat:

5. Lykke TheNun

Sorry Chopper - not enough relevans for the game to be accepted ;)

Anyways 300 EPD reward sent to Knuckles!

:yay:

6. Do not get tempted to buy a newly discovered item such as a gun or armor without careful consideration. Something valued high in theory at discovery might be common loot some month later

Enable chatlogging, you never know when you need it

Do not download any programs made for Entropia Universe if you are unsure if its legal or safe for your account

Set shadows to low to get a big boost in FPS (Shadows are useless anyway)

Red briefs and a santamask makes a hot santa

Dont tell anyone your IRL name, someone can use it against you

Use a alt emailaccount not linked to your Entropia Universe account for forums to avoid getting spam and malicious emails from owners/posters

Ingame Reputation doesnt reflect persons actions 100%

( I got 982 or so from winning a pvp event and for calling a HU hunting event spawn for "shit" )

7. Lykke TheNun

Except for the Hot Santa (which might be right, but not really relevant here ;) ) - 700 more EPD for some good tips! :lolup:

8. Natasza

Natasza Guest

9. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

When an update is announced you can start downloading when the servers go offline and don't need to wait till they are back up :)

10. Lykke TheNun

heh I'm not sure wether this advice is good ;) Just tried that and my computer crashed big time ... ??? :confused:

11. Chopper

Chopper Sanctuary

To add to one of GeorgeSkywalkers fine tips...

If your account is has valuables, or is worth more then $20.00usd
    You need a goldcard.:wise:

12. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Which makes for a new one he he :

- If your computers going to crash on an update doesn't matter when you update it, it'll crash...there is no escape ! :wise:

13. Make sure to have the mobs name on the screen when you shoot at it to ensure you are inside the hitbox. Tails and other parts can be outside the hitbox and never be able to be hit

Dont let your kids hunt Boorums for you unless you consider them old enough

If you are considering a very big investment into the game you should ask for a bank transfer number directly to MA so you can set it up and save hundreds or even thousands of dollars depending on size of the deposit vs credit card

Dont get angry if a player swarmed with mobs has some of his mobs coming for you. Its "improved AI"'s fault

EULA aint black & white. Whats ok for someone else to do ingame might be bannable for you

14. Lykke TheNun

George - you get a 100 for the tip of the downloading (the first one ;) ) - it worked for me the second time and I'm sure it IS supposed to work ...:evil:

Knuckles .. what to say, what to say ...
    first one - ok - 100 EPD
    second one had us laugh so hard we have to give you a bonus for that one - 200
    third and fouth are 100 each
    but the last one - sorry, can't take that one ;) But 500 EPD in total for the effords!

--------------------------------

THANK YOU for some usefull tips - do you have more up your sleeves, folks?? :woohoo:

15. leeloo

leeloo cOloRmAnIaC

Dont borrow your items to anyone without getting collateral, or you might never see your items again.

If someone just want to look at your items in personal trade be careful and dont click "accept" in the end!

If someone claims to have problems with private trade and asks you do to a trade by dropping items on the ground, let him drop the payment/items first or find someone else to trade with!

Be careful when bidding on auction, dont use the arrow key up when there is no buyout.

Always read the auction bid message and check the amount of ped you are bidding, you cant retreat a bid once its done.

if you have problems with the installation read the forums!

If you have questions about or problems with the game read the forums.

16. khaos

khaos DnB'addict

Haven't read the whole thread..

The updater sometimes lags, but don't close the window. It will make your game unstable

17. Norbert

Norbert Cartoon Head

Here's my tip

If colouring just for skill, then colour limited blueprint books from the technician and tt afterwards - it saves you any bleaching costs :).

18. I have insanely limited experience but have already learned quite a few things that MIGHT help:

On death, immediately press P to record your location. You may not need it, but it's a good habit for when you do.

Death is free, regenerating is free, being healed is free. Armour decay however, is not. Only wear when needed.

Be nice to everyone you meet on the way up, you'll meet the same people on the way down.

• Like Like x 1
  19. narfi

narfi Lost

Makes me think of all the sad lonely a-holes in the game with skills and toys and no friends. Almost feel bad for them.

Its great to have skills and or toys, but without friends I have no idea how this "game" could be any fun at all.

So +rep for good advice :P

narfi

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.