TIER increase rate remains a mystery

Discussion in 'Planet Calypso' started by Atlan Leticron, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Atlan Leticron

Atlan Leticron Postmoderna pixel pusher

Good day all,

Well I did some experimenting with TIERing up Svempa S40's and found that the TIER increase rate (TIR) is a mystery.

As I figure, it works with set value's but with value's close to eachother I have the idea its a bit random.
    The higher the value, the faster you reach TIER 1, this works on quit high and low TIER increase rates.
    However on those TIR close to eachother, I get different results.

I made one S40 TIER 1 as a baseline and did 4 hunts after that with S40's with different TIR.
    4 hunts is not much, but considering that the TIR's are a fixed value, not much hunts are needed to get a basic idea.
    I used the gun decay as a mesurement for the TIR.

The data:
    S40 Baseline.
    TIER 1 - 36
    Decay - 5,27

S40 - 1
    TIER 1 - 39
    Decay - 6,32

S40 - 2
    TIER 1 - 12
    Decay - 10,06

S40 - 3
    TIER 1 - 77
    Decay - 1,43

S40 - 4
    TIER 1 - 49
    Decay - 6,37

As you see, between the TIR 77 and TIR 12 gun there is a big difference.
    The TIR 77 reached TIER 1 pretty fast, and the TIR 12 needed a lot of shooting to reach TIER 1. So far so good.

But now the difference between gun 1, gun 4 and the baseline gun.
    According to the abofe data, gun 1 and 4 should reach TIER 1 faster than the baseline gun since there TIR is a bit higher.
    However they took longer to reach TIER 1.

I hear you think, maybe you did some extra shots to finish the mob so you end up with a higher decay.
    Well this is possible yes, however according to my calculations, the S40 decay's 0,002 PED per shot.
    So for example the difference between the baseline gun and gun 1 is 1.05 PED.
    Thats about 525 shots. Thats more shots than needed to kill one mob.
    For the tests I used one area with bibo's and exa.

I might have used a couple of shots extra to finish off the mob while I reached TIER 1, but that was shurly not 500+ shots.

Between gun 1 and 4 is roughly a 25 shots different.
    However the TIR is 10 higher on gun 4 and still gun 4 used more shots to reach TIER 1.

So I am in the dark on this, maybe I miss something so feel free to discus this.

Kind regards.
    Ion

2. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

been thinking about this o a bit, but didn't do to much testing yet. Might try it in these few days betwean xmas and new years with some small weapon (CB5 and S30 maybe). Seeing your results Ion, maybe it is not only ammo fired, probably some skill to and some random number. I do know that a high TIR make you get a higher TIER faster as I noticed on my CB5 with about 1000 TIR. That took me about 20 minutes to get to 3.5.

Anyway, good to try to find out what the numbers mean.

3. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

My personal idea (not impression) of it would be that it would not make sense to have similar weapons behave completely differently. For example, in Lotro, a similar system was added when Mines of Moria was released. I.e. you would loot a special weapon, and then take it to a NPC to have them identify it.

Identifying would reveal a couple of real basic attributes, and sure, some were better than others. However, in a true real cash economy, I cannot imagine certain people randomly being favoured over others by doshing out different tier numbers based on some random algorythm (or MA personal take).

The way it would make sense would be if the total amount of TIR per weapon would balance out. I.e. you might reach tier 1 or 2 faster on one weapon as opposed to another, but Tier 10 would roughly be the exact same on both.

If that is NOT how it has been implemented (and I have not checked this), MA would be directly violating their promise that the stats of weapons would never be altered, as just the difference in TIR would either increase or decrease the value of an existing gun.

4. Atlan Leticron

Interesting, I look into that after I get home from work

5. kalanen

kalanen roadkill

"eco" needed to be fucked up and MindArk did it. :clap:

WTF game is that!? Wonderful game! :puke:

System operates with tt. Players operate with tt+markup or tt * %. Attaching low tt, non decaying parts with some randomness to the in/out-system basically just fuck the numbers up so all this boring eco talk soon has no meaning.

All wikis and dmg/pec calculations leave no room for the "ha-ha i found my shit" aspect.

6. Atlan Leticron

I compared the TIR of two guns from the same type and they where different.
    One had a tottal of 2115 and the other 287 to reach TIER 10.

However they did not violate there promise as far as I know.
    They clearly stated that the basic stats would not change, and they didnt change.

Kind regards.
    Ion

7. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Shinobi, please stick to the topic. There's no reason for you to hijack a thread. K, thanks.

8. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

The differences in levelling up guns could be accounted by skills. Your avatar skills in some way may affect progression of the gun. Also the guns may not be following a linear or exponential path...

Just throwing some ideas, dunno how it all works myself.

I think you may have posted this in the wrong thread.

9. Atlan Leticron

Ok, I found the next thing.

Playing around with the stats of the gun for a bit.

When I defide the ammo burn with the TIR, I get pretty close to the cost to unlock it.

Its not exact, but it seems that this is a calculation thats used to determine the TIR among some other calculations.

Kind regards.
    Ion

10. Nope, the right one actually mr. atlan made clear I was highjacking this thread, admin just comes down with hammer and i listen;)

11. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

OK I'll give it a go to, so we get more data

Emik S30

Tier 1 - 16 (very low)
    after 5.05 decay and 23.91 PED ammo I got to Tier 0.9 and then my gun broke.

Will try another one

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.