This player spent $2 million in a mobile game. Then he led a boycott.

Discussion in 'Other games and gaming' started by NotAdmin, Oct 15, 2016.

1. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

"Welcome to the complicated world of VIP gamers, also known as “whales,” who spend what many of us might consider to be crazy amounts in their favorite free-to-play games. They are the best of customers, as perhaps 2 percent of players in free-to-play games (where you spend real money on virtual goods) spend any money at all. Those who spend amounts like Barnes has are the rarest of people, and they come to expect good treatment from the game company.

Barnes came to my attention because the top clans in Modern War staged a boycott with perhaps 6,000 participants, including 22 of the top 25 player teams in the game. They sent a letter that demanded Gree address problems with the game and communicate with them about changes. Gree had modified the power and value of virtual items after players had purchased them, and it rescinded an item that teams had spent a lot of money to acquire.

The thing that these boycotts all had in common was that they were created by the players who loved the games the most. They wanted to fix the games that they loved, and they felt like the company needed to come down from its high perch and talk to them as real people, not sheep to be fleeced. I find the balance between the fans and the company managers to be a delicate tightrope, where neither side should overplay its hand.

http://venturebeat.com/2016/10/14/t...llion-in-a-mobile-game-then-he-led-a-boycott/

HI MINDARK!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. MA does not allow boycotts !!!!!1111 case closed ;D

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Indeed! They took away our ability to sit/lie down. No more sitdown protests for you my friend!

4. Then let's have a stand-in! :)

5. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

I mostly stand around looking at the pretty graphics anyway

Entropia 2016-10-16 22.03.33.jpg

6. San

San

:)

But sometimes... don't you wanna be a whale...

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.