The 400% performance boost

Discussion in 'General Entropia Universe Discussion' started by McCormick, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Day 3 of the experiment :
    Probably I missed another discussion about it, if so, I beg for mercy.​
    I know, playing after an update in Entropia Universe is never a good idea. ;p​
    But I digged out my old laptop (A Sony VGN-AR61E, DualCore 1,67GHZ, GeForce 8400M GT, Win7Pro) 2 months ago and was amazed how great Entropia ran (mostly medium settings) and how good it still could look with such settings. :)​
    I can even overclock this 8400M GT using RivaTuner from (450/600) to an "powerfull" (570/770), which lead to another, visible performance boost. I could go even higher as with its cooling plate, it never breaches the 67°C. But everything WAS fine this way.​
    Now, after the turbo-booster-update of 400%, one would think, that this laptop could play Entropia even better...​
    ...but (as stated in the news), even high-end PCs crash and lag these days.​
    (So does mine, with its GeForce 670 GTX)
    Since then, the laptop has to use safe-mode on the avatar graphics and crashes like everyone else.​
    Now my question would be, even if there are thousands of different PC configurations out there, how did MindArk test this 400% boost and the avatar update, that leaded to so many graphical/performance/crash issues ? -_-​

2. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Occam's Razer: They didn't.

3. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

It is sad though, I was hoping to log in again next week when they patch things up. I've only got a 260gtx though. It used to run entropia wonderfully aside from some areas (and anywhere on arkadia with buildings...)

4. Also my "old" GTX 285 had its problems with Entropia on "Very High", while all other DX 10 games had no problems on 1920x1080.

5. The crashing, both, laptop & Desktop is happening way too often.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.