State of the uber item economy

Discussion in 'The Black Hole' started by Mac y Lir, May 4, 2010.

What do you think the state of the uber item economy is?

1. trending up, going outta sight

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. trending up, but not as fast as it used to

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. trending up, but not for long

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. trading sideways for a while, then trending up over time

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. trading sidways for a while, then trending down over time

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  6. trending down, but coming back soon

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  7. trending down, not coming back any time soon

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  8. trending down, like a lead baloon

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  9. I don't know about uber items but I know I like pie!

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
  1. I posted this on another site, but I know this is a slightly different crowd and wanted the opinion from here also, so I hope you don't mind me posting here also. Not sure if this is the correct place for this thread or not, sorry If I put it in the wrong place mods :)

Having been away for four years, and just recently coming back to play around and see what's changed, for better or worse, I'm wondering what the general opinion is, of the players here, on the state of the uber item economy.

I know not everyone reads or participates here, and I'm sure answers could come from people with one motive or another, so you could argue that I'd never get a good unbiased answer here, but I'm curious what people think/feel in general about it anyway.

I used to be really involved and had a good feeling for what was going on, but I've been away too long now. There used to be a few shop cans one could hang out in and get a feel for things with people chatting and gossiping away, now its all kind of like ghost town, or library where nobody's talking, you can't even hear avatars say "O dobbie dobbie doh." anymore [​IMG]

So what do you think?

If you had the money, would you buy an uber item, get some play out of it, and reasonably expect to at least sell it for what you paid, or not? If not, why not? If so, why?

Thanks!

2. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

Depending on the uber item? If I get enough money I would not mind have an LA - I see that as one of the savest investments in game ...

(and section is just fine ;) )

3. Well from what I can tell there have been fluctuations in the market for more common uber items (armors like bear, boar, jaguar and tiger) but the general trend is prices are going down. Blame L things, blame saturation of the market, doesn't matter. For the truly rare uber items (MM and likes) it's hard to tell because there have been very few sells of these and one sell is not a trend.
    If I were to get a nice uber I would buy uber items(probably jaguar and improved ewe 21) and I wouldn't expect to sell them for more. I do that with more common items :clap:

4. My dream is a spaceship of my own with wich i would put all my time and effort in running.
    That's a pretty Über item if you ask me.
    I also predict that they will become pretty useful in a not so distant future.

5. aridash

aridash large throbbing member

its come down in the mid-uber area quite alot. im not sure the proper top end uber items have felt it so much. i think its sideways from here, people who have brought in in the past 2 years wont sell for a loss and those still in a profit might like to see if it goes up.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.