Star Citizen [WIP] Review, development direction & progress

Discussion in 'Other games and gaming' started by Viperstrike, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Hi,

I look forward to doing a nice writeup in time to come being the proud (I hope) owner of Star Citizen, a game that offers a lot of hope and potential.
    Stay tuned :)

Video overview >

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Probably one of the better overviews as to why to get involved in this :)

Check it Rifters @ 13:20 :bowdown: Thankyou!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Update on crowd funding :biggrin1: Grats Chris. Almost @ $41 Mil USD
    Go go go go! This is going to be one kick arse game!

SC-Update01.jpg

5. EwoK

EwoK Southern Fortress Engineering

I've got a Constellation and a Cutlass myself and I'm aiming to get a Hornet next.

Walked around both and even got inside the Constellation in the Hangar module. Serious awesome stuff, can't wait to see what the Dogfighting module is going to be like!

• Like Like x 1
  6. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

The videos were awesome, especially the second one, and those ships are downright sexy, not to mention the realism, but this looks like a "need a big bank roll" to get involved, especially with the kind of ship I would love to have, so I doubt that you'll see my purple ass in the galaxy anytime too soon.

I guess my question would be ... does this entire game take place in space? Are there any planets or colonies where any other kind of building or developing takes place?

It looks absolutely amazing.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Awesome and agree, btw was it the ghost version of the Hornet you were getting, that one looked unreal and would definitely have some cool uses for various missions.

Link > https://robertsspaceindustries.com/store/325-hornet-f7c-s-ghost

Something for you EwoK:

Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
  8. For now, yes it mainly takes place in space.
    Still researching out a lot at this time, but yes there are other buildings/colonies/factories etc underway.

9. EwoK

If the Ghost one was the stealth version then I was thinking about it.....but I also like the idea of the standard heavy version too so I can deal out the punishment.....what I'll probably end up doing is getting both.

• Like Like x 1
  10. HAHA! A man after my own heart in gaming. Can't decide, just get them both *grins* :bigsmile:

• Like Like x 2
  11. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Does 2.18 remind anyone else of the early entropia artwork. I mean the shape of the buildings in the city scape.

12. MindStar9

That's the first thing I thought of when I watched the video Wistrel.

• Like Like x 1
  13. From what I have read thus far, this will definitely not be the case. You can start off with a small and very fast exploration style ship (See the single ship packages above).

The game can be operated off a very small entertainment budget over time with all features available to you. And ofc you also have quite a few discovery/exploration routes you can take in charting unknown space for resource fields which can then be sold on the market to further fund your journey throughout your time in Star Citizen if what I have read and seen thus far holds true through to release time.

Heh! Well ok, but you do know ... You can start small and work your way up if you wanted too. ;P

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. I hope the above update news ($41 Mil goal reached) helps answer this a little more for you MindStar ...
    Look out for further announcements down the track. :thumbup:

:woohoo::bowdown: Thankyou Chris! Legend amongst the gaming gods!

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  15. MindStar9

If I recall my conversation with Obie correctly that we had today, I think he said something about having an interest in the Star Citizen game, so I'm sure he and I will be discussing this further. :biggrin:

Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  16. EwoK

Well, I now have the Ghost ;)

Next week I'll get the Hornet and then look at what ship to get next after that....

• Like Like x 1
  17. Nice one! Thought you might go for the Ghost :thumbsup:
    Not only does it look sick, it has those features you want for those deep space probing & recon missions.

18. EwoK

yep, I'll use the Ghost when I want to go sneaky sneak sneak :sneaky: but still pack a wallop if needs be....the Hornet is for when I want to kick the cat and make a bit of noise :shoot:

19. No kicking this cat .... My pet spectral space FirePuzzyKat! (Guardian)
    <Check how she sounds out, attached>

awesome-fire-cat.jpg

She be hungry, I will warn you now!

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.