Spammer alert !!

Discussion in 'About EntropiaPlanets' started by Lykke TheNun, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

Hey people

We have gotten a lot of reported pm's (thanks to the people who alerted us) about a mass pm sent out to a lot of our members, from someone calling him/herself 'Serendipity'.

The person signed up a while ago, but never posted. We banned the account, including the ip adress etc. and hope this action is enough to prevent this from happening again.

The forum do have bot-protection, but we have a feeling this person either is a member of the community, taking advantace of a community platform, or a person being a part of one of the 'new' groups who get paid to sign up on forums and then sent our mass spam to members. Since these are actual people, not doing anything else for a living, it's very difficult to protect yourself - but we are very aware of the excistence and we hope you will alert us again, if anything like this seems to happen another time.

Again, thanks for the alerts from you, and sorry for any troubles this might have coursed.

Lykke

• Like Like x 1
  2. EwoK

EwoK Southern Fortress Engineering

thanks for the alert Lykke...i thought it looked odd with such a long time join date yet no posts....

3. glad to see you are on it! thx :)

Ossi!

4. Penny Dreadful

Penny Dreadful Bears the Horns of Power

I realized it was a prob after I opened it and the status said BANNED lol. Spent over an hour scanning and rescanning to make sure I was clean :P

Glad you already got it, I'm spreading the word at Swamp for those who don't know :D

5. yep, got that one too ... was clear spamming but thx for letting us know

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.